U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 06:55 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,255,957 times

Advertisements

People never really grew up I guess. I don't get all liberal/cushy/diversity felling like some pretend to, I either like someone or I don't. It's far too prevalent, I agree. The older people get, the less flexible they are. It's certainly not just the Melbourne area, you have it everywhere.

At any rate, let's get this thread into something positive.

You could start a thread on a newbie's experience in your new town.

Think positive dude.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 10:01 AM

12 posts, read 26,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
i think the same thing, where does it end? or better question, where did it start? i surely couldn't have been born or raised this way. i knew what it was like living in other places, but living in a place like melbourne, i realized there are many more people who have strong feelings about people of other backgrounds and ethnicity. it might not be you, but a fair amount of the rest of the population.

yes my nose is high, it would have to be in order to survive a mob of this sort.
I'm sorry, but you really are the drama queen. All you do is whinge about how hard your life has been, but in some other posts it seems you come from a quality family and have a solid upbringing. I hope you are successful and life is bountiful for you. When this happens, I challenge you to travel around this fine planet of ours, and visit some of those who really do have a hard life. I think you will find your trials and tribulations are miniscule in the face of the suffering and hardship that occurs on this great green earth. I'm going to venture and say you know little about true hardship. I'm sure there are others on these boards older than both of us who have seen some of what I speak of. You don't know how lucky you are to be from where you're from. Try and get some perspective, although I surmise that will only come from the tip of your nose as you look down on the rest.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:03 AM

264 posts, read 681,818 times
first off a quality family doesn't necessarily mean affluent. so being from a quality family, of course there could still be hardships, but quality enough to be sheltered from much of it and aware as you get older.

im not the one that needs the lecturing but thanks for the insight. many people in melbourne dont know aspiration when its right in front of them. then there are those of you that just stand in the line of fire and take everything personal.

from what ive assessed from this discussion is that many of you move to melbourne to escape from the rest of the world to live within a small bubble, isolating yourselves from reality. sounds quite submissive if you ask me and like ive said earlier in this thread, melbourne is mostly for the retired, ultra-conservative, and the broke. (why is this so offensive?)

it has nothing to do with nightlife or things to do in the community, melbourne is in its own little corner of the world, and its "beauty" only comes comparative to places in the world that are much worse off.

sorry but there is more out there for me, my generation and others like me. i grew up and lived in melbourne for over 10 years, hardly limited to a bubble perspective. ive given nothing but the truth about the community and you bubble people want to deny it.

if thats the way you guys want it, thats fine, but from whatever perspective you have about someone like me, be sure to show a little respect and understanding, otherwise places like melbourne will always just be regarded as a second rate community as ive mentioned and unfortunately had to experience. in other words, enjoy your bubble but please grow up.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,136 times
In response to this apparent generational/Class Warfare that folks are engaging in, it is apparent that the Original posters infor is being lost and this thread hijacked.
My suggestion is, get back to the information about the areas. The young man may consider moving to my area, near Seattle f he wants to be Hip. Oh, but watch out because there is nothing so wicked than all this cool guy money your making being sucked away by state and local taxes. Just know, it is the Liberal Government here doing that. You said your peace and we have heard the young lion roar. Just wait your turn to be the King of the Pride, and the responsibility it entails.
To the gentleman that said that the military is populated by non- Americans, last time I looked, most of the Blacks in the service were Americans and what to ya know, ALL the Puerto Ricans are Americans. You did 14 years in the Army? Musta got the pink slip with the boot in the 90's because you couldnt qualify to stay in.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:39 AM

i prefer tiger, lions are dirty

Old 10-22-2011, 06:29 PM

Haha this place is unbelievable I love this thread for all the truth it contains. This place breeds racists (yes both ways) and nut jobs. someone just ban me already!

Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 PM

If you consider moving to melbourne, just visit walmart on pb road after dark, it will give you an idea of the general population. The worst walmart I've ever seen

Old 10-24-2011, 08:49 PM

587 posts, read 972,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
If you consider moving to melbourne, just visit walmart on pb road after dark, it will give you an idea of the general population. The worst walmart I've ever seen
You're obviously not a connoisseur/connoisseuse) of Walmart.

Try 'People of Walmart' before you come down too hard on the local Walmarts.

(I used to live in Mississippi ... the aisles in the local Walmart were much wider than they are here. ))

Why would you want to go to Walmart for entertainment?

Many of the threads talk about 'Melboring'. Melbourne may not have a surfeit of 'organised' entertainment for the under-30's', but (AFAIK) the curfew (9pm) applies only to older people - and it's voluntary.

If there are insufficient 'social activities' what is there to prevent you (or anybody else) from organising some?

If there are indeed insufficient social activities, you would probably find a very appreciative market.

I've lived here for a very short time (about 6 weeks.) I'm certainly not bored ... there aren't enough hours in the day and we've had to start a 'social calendar' to stop us from being double-booked!

Old 10-24-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel de Vol View Post
I've lived here for a very short time (about 6 weeks.) I'm certainly not bored ... there aren't enough hours in the day and we've had to start a 'social calendar' to stop us from being double-booked!
viera is the nicer part of melbourne. if you enjoy the city thats great, but just about everything about it makes me cringe. the general population reminds me of a festering and diseased wound with maggots and the full nine.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:28 PM

587 posts, read 972,677 times
Really? I thought Viera was not incorporated in the town of Melbourne? (The word 'city' has a meaning ... cities have cathedrals and bishops - in the first world. )

I don't live in Viera (I live in the boonies to the East of Viera) Low crime - and not a lot going on. There are roads (and if I wanted to go to Melbourne I could always drive down Wickham, or go down 95 and along Sarno.)

I live in a (fairly affluent) low-crime area.

I don't 'go clubbing' - been there, done that.

I sail, I swim, I fish, I walk (pretty boring around here - no mountains) and I ride a bike (as boring as walking, for the same reasons.)

There aren't enough hours in the day to allow me to do all the things I would like to do. I don't have time to be bored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County