U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 06:45 PM

12,022 posts, read 12,030,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
Lol I'd rather not get into that discussion. There's plenty of that in the Miami/fort Lauderdale forums. Bottom line is that superficiality is just a word created by underachievers who find a need to point fingers for their misfortune. I personally find the super conservatism of anywhere north of Jupiter to be distasteful and a significant lack of life.
You're nuts, or simply ignorant, if you think central Florida is "conservative"

The north and south of the state has the extremes. The center has the moderates like myself
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 09:05 PM

264 posts, read 681,562 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/miami...al-people.html

Old 04-29-2013, 07:45 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,255,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
You couldn't pay me to live anywhere south of Jupiter. Different things for different people

If you want to talk about disgusting, let's talk about south Florida traffic and superficiality
Obviously very different areas. Without denigrating other areas, it just depends on what you're looking for. I love the Jupiter area, and have spent a lot of time in the Melbourne area as well. Florida does have a diversity of areas. I'm sure the closed thread is yet another indication of the type of discussion some want to engage in

List some of your wants and interests, and I'm sure the long timers will tell you like it is.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:21 PM

Lol it was deleted by mods, but I still got a + reputation point from someone

Old 04-29-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Lol it was deleted by mods, but I still got a + reputation point from someone
You're a legend in your own mind, nobody elses.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:16 PM

Wahoo!

Old 05-04-2013, 07:25 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,299,224 times
Now what is wrong with Cocoa Beach~? Someone mentioned something negative in the 21 pages I read and skimmed thru. I was there a couple years ago, and I enjoyed the beach and met friendly people there. It is totally different than the Atlantic side, as I'm use to but sick of....and mostly due to rude people (as someone mentioned here). Is there any dog friendly beaches in Brevard County~? After looking at those wonderful photos, I'm ready to go back to Florida later this year. I just got back recently from Palm Beach County. Talk about rude....not everyone....but a lot....and I'm tired of it and trying to find another place to vacation at and take my dog.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:15 AM

3,718 posts, read 6,677,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Now what is wrong with Cocoa Beach~? Someone mentioned something negative in the 21 pages I read and skimmed thru. I was there a couple years ago, and I enjoyed the beach and met friendly people there. It is totally different than the Atlantic side, as I'm use to but sick of....and mostly due to rude people (as someone mentioned here). Is there any dog friendly beaches in Brevard County~? After looking at those wonderful photos, I'm ready to go back to Florida later this year. I just got back recently from Palm Beach County. Talk about rude....not everyone....but a lot....and I'm tired of it and trying to find another place to vacation at and take my dog.
Canova Park in Melbourne has a doggie beach area. Dogs have to be on leash at all times and stay in designated areas. You see more dogs on other beaches since this park opened to the dogs last year. Not a problem in most cases but could be fined if someone who doesn't like dogs calls in the sighting of a dog on a non dog beach. Service dogs allowed on any beach though.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:29 PM

9 posts, read 18,576 times
Quote:
You guys are limited to a visitors experience and this is a problem with you Old people, you discount the opinion of the youth. I grew up here and have been a resident of the area for over ten years. Not to mention very active in the community and have associated with all different types of people. If you are limited to a visitors experience and have not lived here under the age of 25, its pretty easy to make this place out to be a fairy tale.

All of brevard is very second-hand, the service and professionalism you get from most of the businesses, restaurants, and public places will likely not be up to par with the better, more developed areas. Its a poor lifestyle here, its not lively, and a lot of people are plain old depressed because they are stuck here.

Its so easy for me to say this because its a very common opinion among those in my age group. I can go on with the negatives and they do far outweigh the positives. I've met many people who have said they were ashamed of being from here. Its very dumbed down and not a place to feel prideful being from. If you are old, ultra conservative, or broke this might be the place for you to live as you let the rest of the world pass you by.

I can write a full out review but its not even worth it. I was angry when I originally posted thats because the service you get around here stinks!

Wow, is all of FL this way? People just need to relax and chill a bit.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicdwarf View Post
Wow, is all of FL this way? People just need to relax and chill a bit.
Obviously not. He's busy offending people in at least two other cities now. He'll grow up, someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County