U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:12 AM

232 posts, read 327,633 times

Advertisements

You might be hard pressed to find 1/2 acre + for $1,100. Could happen, but unlikely.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 07:15 AM

38 posts, read 92,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
And any of the towns on the beach, big areas of Melbourne, Palm Bay and Titusville.
It depends on what the newcomer is looking for....whether they are single, have a family, or retired.

Most areas in the county are safe, clean, built since 1980s and 1990s with some older pockets of homes when the towns all had less than 20,000 in the 70s. Schools are all in the same district so have the same curriculum and goals. Some schools are magnet schools and students can apply to go to them for certain programs like science,math, law, the arts, etc, . Each has private schools religious affiliated or not. if you have special needs children look to the public schools because not all private or charter schools have the classes or extra personel to help them. Each area has charter schools but look closeley to see how the charters are doing. some have had to close because of money issues or really low testing grades since we started having them. Some do really good.

Since the original post was written lots has changed. Downtown Melbourne is a draw for people from other areas for the nightlife on weekends. We have some really good festivals and one of the biggest Country concerts in the state each year.
Many of our tech businesses are expanding, new businesses scheduled to come in. We are launching more rockets. Looked at the job market and many seem to be looking for various types of engineers. Not many post salary but saw one listed for #90,000. Houses and subdivisions are going up almost everywhere. Only mobile homes seem to be listing for the $50-$60,000 instead of the homes built in 2007 like they were in 2010. Our underwater houses are now selling for closer or more than what we paid for them in most areas so looking better for those wanting to sell.
Thanks so much for all of your feedback on this board.

We just put a contract on a house in Rockledge/East Viera (oh no I might become conceited LOL!!) but-so excited... finally after all these years we are actually making the move! My daughter is happy because we'll be much closer to WDW LOL!! I have to admit I am too My mom is also going to be making the move as well. Thanks again

Old 05-12-2015, 03:02 PM

3,718 posts, read 6,677,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
Thanks so much for all of your feedback on this board.

We just put a contract on a house in Rockledge/East Viera (oh no I might become conceited LOL!!) but-so excited... finally after all these years we are actually making the move! My daughter is happy because we'll be much closer to WDW LOL!! I have to admit I am too My mom is also going to be making the move as well. Thanks again
Welcome to Brevard County. Hope you love it here as much as I do...... and try to keep that conceit down to a minimum. :-). Been here almost 40 years and still pull the Living in Florida card with my friends and family up North each winter.

If you are like most of us....the first year you go to Disney a lot. the 2nd-4th year you go when friends and relatives come down. By about the 5th year you may be telling visitors from the North, "the parks are that way. See ya tomorro." Life happens and eventually the parks are just something you may do once in a blue moon. We can even get in free to WDW and rarely go. We found as the kids grew older sports,school activities, music classes etc took over our lives. Then when they left to live their own lives, my husband and I started going over to the parks again: but it has been almost 2 years since we have been to WDW and not really missing it. We would rather be at the beach. We do use our Sea World passes more because of the free concerts they do and we go over to see Jack Hana every year.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:16 AM

259 posts, read 168,663 times
From the reading on this thread, I think I've narrowed my search down to the immediate areas of West Melbourne, Viera or Palm Bay however can someone tell me where in these 3 areas I should be focusing my search. Family friendly, safe and maybe a neighborhood where I can't look out my windows and spit into my neighbor's house? lol I know homes are closer together there than here in CT but maybe something a little less congested??

Old 05-13-2015, 03:14 PM

591 posts, read 1,187,671 times
Finding a rental 3/2 (I presume is the minimum with two kids) single-family home for $1,100 in a decent neighborhood can be tough in West Melbourne and borderline impossible in Viera, regardless of how big the house or yard is, so be prepared to compromise if you look there. Palm Bay will have more inventory in your range, but because you're looking at a much larger area, the quality of the neighborhoods will vary more. I'm not familiar with Palm Bay at the neighborhood level so I can't help much there, unfortunately.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:15 PM

8 posts, read 10,740 times
Are there any large (50 meter) swimming pools in the area?

For example, Fort Lauderdale has 2. It really makes a difference in the exercise, as well as the clientele you share it with.
( Serious swimming facility. i.e. Nobody playing with flotation toys in the lanes. )

Also, how cheap can you go and not get this?

95 Selma Trail, Palm Coast, FL For Sale | Trulia.com

Thanks

Old 06-15-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianstingRay View Post

For example, Fort Lauderdale has 2. It really makes a difference in the exercise, as well as the clientele you share it with.
( Serious swimming facility. i.e. Nobody playing with flotation toys in the lanes. )

Thanks
Palm Bay aquatic center is only 25 but Sebastian has lanes that are 50 meter
North County Aquatic Center

The Cocoa Beach city pool is 50 meter Cocoa Beach Community Swimming Pool - Fun 4 Space Coast Kids

There is a pool in Indian Harbor Beach that doesn't allow kids in pool during the lap swimming times but I can't remember how big the pool is.

Also call the Cocoa YMCA and see if they have lap times. I think their pool is 50 meter.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianstingRay View Post

Thanks
Could not get to the link for the house last night. It worked today....finding a house that kids or the foreclosed original owners haven't trashed in a neighborhood isn't really just inexpensive houses problem. It was happening in even gated communities, but hopefully is not as bad as it was 5 years ago. You just have to look. Realtors do not always know that places are trashed until someone reports it. When we looked at one house in Bayside 5 years ago, it was beautiful from the front. Yard was well maintained etc, but when we opened the front door the smell from the weekend party and mess hit us. They had broken in the sliders, destroyed the pool pump and pool waterfall etc. They knocked holes in most of the drywall and rubbed what looked like chocolate pudding on walls. In another foreclosure house we looked at in another good area in Melbourne, the kitchen cabinets and even the kitchen sink were missing. On another house half of the wooden fence from the backyard had been removed. They left 1 panel in the empty lot behind the house so must have run when they got spotted taking it. Even a house on the beach had the remnants of local kids using it as a party house. In the end we bought a house from someone who was living in it, but a couple weeks before closing we went back when our inspector was there and they had removed all ceiling lights and fans except for the the kitchen overhead lights. She had to leave the chandeliers. We ended up not putting them back up and went a lot more Florida casual.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:58 AM

137 posts, read 137,498 times
Lots of great info on here! My husband and I, and our two young kids, are coming down to Cocoa Beach for 8 days to look at homes in Melbourne, Cocoa, and Palm Bay. I'm hoping we find something so we don't have to suffer through another brutal winter!

Sounds like the space coast is a pretty great place It's been years since I've been there!

Old 08-07-2015, 11:53 AM

8 posts, read 10,740 times
Thanks for all those links! Yes, it looks like there is some close if not perfect swimming in all the areas covered by this forum. Good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County