U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 10:02 PM

264 posts, read 681,741 times

Advertisements

dream on guys, keep living your fairy tale. if all some of you want to hear is positive feedback and how "great" melbourne is then why even search for an opinion? if all i heard about a new place was, "i love it, its wonderful, its so beautiful" i would be very skeptic. just goes to show what type of mentality some of you possess, very one-dimensional.

best of luck to all that decide to move here. it really is heaven on earth
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 05:44 AM

3,719 posts, read 6,679,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
dream on guys, keep living your fairy tale. if all some of you want to hear is positive feedback and how "great" melbourne is then why even search for an opinion? if all i heard about a new place was, "i love it, its wonderful, its so beautiful" i would be very skeptic. just goes to show what type of mentality some of you possess, very one-dimensional.

best of luck to all that decide to move here. it really is heaven on earth

But it goes both ways......no one only wants to hear a rant about how horrible a place is either. Different types of people look for different types of places to live. No place is perfect and I am sure when you finally are able to move to where you think the grass is greener you will find some crab grass there, too.

I think you are seeing people on here defending the area they chose to live or were born in because of your extreme negative remarks about the place. You have to remember that not everyone is single looking for a hip hop atmosphere like in South Beach. Many people posting questions on here are past that stage in their lives.

As for the comment you made earlier on not being able to move up in your job here in Brevard County, that is happening all over the country because of the economy. Look at all the people willing to chance the move to Florida. Many companies have frozen hiring,salaries, and promotions; but they are starting to do both again. If I remember correctly you are just 25 and just out of college so your time is coming even at places like Harris and other techs companies here in Brevard. Even though the shuttle is almost through with its missions, it doesn't mean this area is going to dry up and die. I am still in amazement that when you got your degree and could apply for jobs anywhere you ended up working where you hate it the most. Are you networking to get a job in South Florida while you are living here? I really hope you find what you are looking for. Life should be a happy time -especially when just getting started. I remember loving the freedom to chance things and not have to worry about doing the wrong thing for my family

Old 03-07-2011, 06:12 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,255,863 times
If I were 25, I'd probably look forward to South Beach or Lauderdale as well. But I still don't like the rat race of traffic there, never have. Nothing wrong with pointing out the good and the bad, and taking the rose colored glasses off. Moving anywhere should be about reality, not some fantasy review in a travel magazine. But being realistic doesn't have to involve demeaning people and the entire area.

I'm well aware of the differences between places like Jupiter and Melbourne, Palm Beach and Hollywood, South Beach and Boca Raton. Lauderdale is a pretty good place overall, and excellent boating atmosphere if you can afford it. Heck, I've even gone so far as to say Melbourne area is too cold for me, (as I look out at nearly 4 foot snowdrifts here this morning) LOL

Chill out a little CFO. Lighten up and enjoy your freedom. Good luck on the new job, and housing hunt. Having a job is priority number one, especially now.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 AM

469 posts, read 1,211,902 times
I personally like how far our 6 figure salary goes here. It just didn't stretch very much- leave much wiggle room for leisure (we lived in weston). Here I am in a bigger home for far less with more money to provide my family with enriching experiences as opposed to having all the money go to rent. To each their own. We are gonna do just fine here!

Old 03-13-2011, 09:21 AM

My goal was good Interstate access, while still being able to bolt quickly to Coca Beach and golf. I'd love an area that has access to biking near the water like Jupiter does, but haven't found it near Brevard yet. I've driven around mostly main roads, haven't gotten the chance to see neighborhoods really, except in Vierra area.

How is the area around Rockledge, I wanted to hear comments about Polo Glenn there. It "seemed" to be ok.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 4,856 times
Palm Bay has the highest burglary rate in the county. With an average of 75 break-ins per month. There isn't much to do in Palm Bay. most of the break-ins are from 16-21 year olds. The break ins have only gone up in the last few years because of the recession. With all of those empty homes thieves are taking every including the kitchen sink.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:25 PM

I know friends in Palm Bay, but I'm not looking there.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:04 AM

5 posts, read 22,904 times
To the First poster. OMG you're not telling a few truths. And why would you post your sex and race? And say that your "handsome" in a post about an area? Your post sounded more like a date site.

We've been in Brevard County for 10 years and WE CANNOT wait to leave. This place is gross. The healthcare is horrible and the traffic accident rate is terrible. I have NEVER in my practice seen such bad healthcare, ever.

You claim to live in an upper middle class area of West Melbourne? Really because there AREN'T ANY. And I know ever single area of West Melbourne. What do you live in an Adams Homes, Mercedes Holmes development, off Wickham. None of which are upper middle class by any means.

Palm Bay is the largest city in Brevard County. It was originally poorly developed by a man with scattered single garage houses. Now they've tried to improve it with better roads and infrastructure but it still looks like a hole, with the exception of small area in south Palm Bay called Bayside Lakes.
Other that that, Palm Bay has problems in aesthetics and crime. Many of the non Bayside Lakes are on septic systems, even newer homes because they are out in the boonies. Palm Bay Hospital is just plan scary as is the entire Healthfirst Medical System. SCARY Palm Bay has huge potential but money is an issue. The Palm Bay US1 has great potentional for upscale riverwalk but I'll be dead before that happens.

With the exception of an area called Viera which is actually part of Melbourne, and a few other areas, melbourne is a hole also. Healthfirst has built yet another hospital so in Viera so that they can deliver more crappy medicine, IMO. Melbourne does have a nice parks during the day and some Riverwalk areas. Viera has a nice shopping center with upscale stores and restaurants. We like the Melting pot. If you're gonna live anywhere in Melbourne, Viera would be my only choice.

Now about Rockledge. Off the 95 is the only place I would ever live in Rockledge as otherwise it is too close to the ghetto of Cocoa. There is a Lowes and a Ruby Tuesdays there but this areas is just 3 minutes from Viera so that is good.

Cocoa.. stay away from

The Beaches are over priced and have a lot of drugs.. per my former high school aged daughter. Beach kids tend to be more affluent and can buy more drugs... so my daughter says.

Stay away from Titusville, not much different than Palm bay.

The two reason why we are leaving Brevard County and Florida in general is the Healthcare, partically Healthfirst, and OMG, the mental health of people here. Don't get me wrong, most people are nice BUT there is an element of mental health here that is far from just depressed. The kind that are both crazy and violent. Tooooo many grown men still living with their parents at age 50. Scary.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:23 PM

39 posts, read 119,653 times
This thread is hilarious, never have I seen so much bitching whining and complaining in my life.

for the guy asking about rockledge. I live right on the line of rockledge and viera this place is great. the schools are fantastic jump right on 95 and can go anywhere or shoot up route 1 to the beach

to the kid thinking 50 grand a yr and moving south is great LOL 50 grand is nothing you have a lot to learn especially if u plan on moving to a higher priced area on 50 lol

I've lived all over the earth, Korea, europe. PA TX MS SC and Now here. This place has everything you want, lots of family stuff to do good schools, cheap housing, shopping dining etc. Until you have left the area you cannot complain about what you have. If you're a whiny kid who wants low cost partying Orlando is nice too. Try Partying in Philly, NYC, Miami etc where a drink will cost you 11 bucks and its 40 to stand in line to get into the club

try living in ****hole sumter south carolina a town that exists because of a base and is still rooted in civil war area mentality. Or South Korea where quality of life is that of a migrant worker. Or mississippi where they cannot read or write.

Yeah Palm bay is a ****hole, Cocoa is too

Rockledge Viera suntree is where i'd move to on the mainland. Sat beach, and south on the island

Old 03-21-2011, 09:22 PM

264 posts, read 681,741 times
What does anything have to do with partying or how boring a place is to you. Melbourne is low quality period. 50 salary is great for a single guy with no kids just out of school. Get your head right dude what a useless post of yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County