U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 06:05 AM

264 posts, read 681,507 times

Advertisements

Young man? If you are using the term to refer to me as immature, you are quite misguided. I would prefer bold and honest. Id enjoy meeting for a cup of coffee would you mind buying? It would have to be sometime next month as I am relocating to boca sometime in april and ready to purchase a new vehicle. By the way, I love how you came into this thread throwing insults around and now trying to be some sort of "reasonable "person. I've dealt with people like you before and its not gonna work here. Take your instigating somewhere else, slick.

And get your head together, we dont need anymore crazies running around melbourne.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 08:03 AM

3,715 posts, read 6,673,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TessieB View Post
It would be very nice to get some real info on this area rather than what appear to be entirely subjective rants. For example, which neighborhoods are the cleanest & least crime-free, where is the best place to shop for groceries, what is the average cost of living (electric, cable, water). Is there even cable in the less populous areas?

If someone can answer these questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

The best of anything is always subjective, but I can give my opinion. Have lived in PB since the 70s and raised my family here. It is a newer city. Very few structures built before the 70s with most being built since the late 80s and 90s. Schools are all since about 1990 except for Palm Bay elem so they are in good shape. Almost all are A schools. Most lots are 1/4 acre or larger so houses not as close as some areas of Melbourne and Viera.
Nicest areas are the Bayside area in the SE but you will find other great areas in the city as well. We have lived on in the NE and SE sectors of the city. In the NE sector most of the houses have city water and sewer which was wonderful. The Lockmar area in the NE and some of the areas around Port Malabar elementary are also pretty nice.
We lived pretty far south in the SE sector for the last 5 years in a beautiful home built in 2006. It was almost like country living on a city street. We loved it. Our son lives there now. We had a septic and well there which meant we didn't drink the water even though we had an almost $3000 system on the well because our water was not very good on our street. Other people we know had better tasting well water.
Most of Palm Bay has few street lights and sidewalks on the off streets.
We purchased a home in an older area of town still on the SE side but closer to my work-close to Bayside. This neighborhood has a mixture of homes built in the 80s and homes built since 2000. We were able to get city water brought into this house(cost us almost$6000 when the city put in water on this street) We still have a septic system since the city is not putting in sewer system at all.
The NW sector is mostly homes built in the late 80s and 90s. Most have city water and septic. Seemed more crowded than SE sector when we were house hunting with less areas to park cars by your house.
We did not look at homes in the SW even though most of the homes were built in the 90s and after 2000 because it is just far out to us for the most part. Many areas are in the flood plain and it gets marshy out that way. More of the general development original roads from the 60s are out that way so nice houses can be found on roads that are disintegrating. City trying to get roads up to par but takes time.

Crime really is no worse here than in most towns of 100,000. If you don't do drugs, hang out on the street corners you probably won't even see it. They post the police blotter on the web site and there are usually about 7 pages but it includes accidents, suspicious calls( for example one night we had a car stop out front of the empty lot by us for about 5 minutes. The next day I saw that every house on the street called it in so it was the same incident but took up half a page of suspicious car incident. We do watch out for each other. We keep doors locked. We may all be extra cautious because of the fire starter after we had such a bad fire a few years ago.

Cost for living

cable/phone/internet=$147

electricity for 2050 sq ft home no pool but well pump= on average $110 during winter-$190 during summer months

city water- about $35-40 a month. (includes garbage) When we had sewer in the NE sector it ran us about $100 a month for water and sewer)

Having a well- water system put in about $2500 . Then each month salt and chlorine cost us about $30.

car insurance for 2 cars complete coverage-about $2000 a year.

taxes on house(2050 sq ft one- $1500)(1550 sq ft one $800) both with homestead exemption

homeowners- about the same for both houses in the $100-$1500 range but it is good coverage amounts)

I think you can get cAble anywhere in the city but cell phone coverage can be iffy in some areas depending on the company. We ended up having to have landline in home because of coverage in the SE.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:32 AM

Location: Valdosta, GA (Northside), grew up in Emmitsburg, MD
94 posts, read 318,952 times
Default what CFO told me

Quote:
Originally Posted by namomof3 View Post
I personally like how far our 6 figure salary goes here. It just didn't stretch very much- leave much wiggle room for leisure (we lived in weston). Here I am in a bigger home for far less with more money to provide my family with enriching experiences as opposed to having all the money go to rent. To each their own. We are gonna do just fine here!
Hey, CFO told me that you shouldn't be saying 'our' 6 figure salary. He said you were yet another dime a dozen skinny lil soccer mom sponging off of 'his' big salary while you stay home all day and meet men off the internet. that is extremely common, ya know? Even in Melbourne. I am just going by what he messaged me.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce backer View Post
This thread is hilarious, never have I seen so much bitching whining and complaining in my life.

for the guy asking about rockledge. I live right on the line of rockledge and viera this place is great. the schools are fantastic jump right on 95 and can go anywhere or shoot up route 1 to the beach

to the kid thinking 50 grand a yr and moving south is great LOL 50 grand is nothing you have a lot to learn especially if u plan on moving to a higher priced area on 50 lol

I've lived all over the earth, Korea, europe. PA TX MS SC and Now here. This place has everything you want, lots of family stuff to do good schools, cheap housing, shopping dining etc. Until you have left the area you cannot complain about what you have. If you're a whiny kid who wants low cost partying Orlando is nice too. Try Partying in Philly, NYC, Miami etc where a drink will cost you 11 bucks and its 40 to stand in line to get into the club

try living in ****hole sumter south carolina a town that exists because of a base and is still rooted in civil war area mentality. Or South Korea where quality of life is that of a migrant worker. Or mississippi where they cannot read or write.

Yeah Palm bay is a ****hole, Cocoa is too

Rockledge Viera suntree is where i'd move to on the mainland. Sat beach, and south on the island
Sumter? Try living in Valdosta, GA once. You been there yet? Half is better than Melbourne and half is much worse than Sumter.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce backer View Post
Typical military scum? ignorant grunt? how about we do this young man, lets meet up for a nice cup of coffee so that you can insult me to my face? I would enjoy watching your jaw drop at who you are insulting keyboard thug

judging by all the whining racism posts you make I have you pegged to a T of the exact person you are. DOnt feed me the line of being rasied in a military family then say **** like typical military scum. As far as bad decisions? how is being stationed all over the world living life and enjoying my job a bad decision?

Like I said the offer is there. Send me a PM keyboard thug so I can provide you the opportunity to " beat ignorant grunts like me"

btw what makes you think I am not an officer? what makes you think I am still in the military?

you make strong generalizations. But all keyboard hood rats do
If CFO doesn't whip you, then I will. I am tired of you egotistical military men. I was in the Army 14 years ago, so I know all about them. Nothing but a bunch of BS ego y'all possess- most military these days is not even from America-a bunch of puerto ricans and blacks anymore. By the way, join a real branch, Air Force is a bunch of wussies.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reclick1 View Post
Hey, CFO told me that you shouldn't be saying 'our' 6 figure salary. He said you were yet another dime a dozen skinny lil soccer mom sponging off of 'his' big salary while you stay home all day and meet men off the internet. that is extremely common, ya know? Even in Melbourne. I am just going by what he messaged me.
Hey theres no need for that. I didn't say that at all..

Its understandable to me that people enjoy the simplicity of life in melbourne. But its just to common to go somewhere (to a business or restaurant) and the clerk/salesperson/manager is some old wrinkled washed up overly tanned druggie with health problems and a bad attitude to match that. I called radio shack to see if they had a part available and they told me I had to bring my computer in, I drive there and turned out they had closed. Would have been nice if the idiot on the phone had let me know. So I went to another location with my computer and before even finishing, the ******* interrupts "can't help ya with that". Melbourne is filled with this half assing crap. Thats not me being sensitive, thats me with a college education in business observing the secondhand nature and poor quality service of the area.

I do see the good things in the area walks at the park with family, the beach, jogging the causeway etc, but melbourne has a very dark side that I haven't even fully been able to grasp. If you haven't experienced it, dont realize the difference, or choose not to see it, then easy for you to say its not there, but its enough for me and a large number of others to want to leave melbourne if given a chance.

But I'm done here, if anyone has an issue or any questions please message me directly.

Last edited by cfo.evo; 04-07-2011 at 07:16 AM..

Old 04-07-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
Hey theres no need for that. I didn't say that at all..

Its understandable to me that people enjoy the simplicity of life in melbourne. But its just to common to go somewhere (to a business or restaurant) and the clerk/salesperson/manager is some old wrinkled washed up overly tanned druggie with health problems and a bad attitude to match that. I called radio shack to see if they had a part available and they told me I had to bring my computer in, I drive there and turned out they had closed. Would have been nice if the idiot on the phone had let me know. So I went to another location with my computer and before even finishing, the ******* interrupts "can't help ya with that". Melbourne is filled with this half assing crap. Thats not me being sensitive, thats me with a college education in business observing the secondhand nature and poor quality service of the area.

I do see the good things in the area walks at the park with family, the beach, jogging the causeway etc, but melbourne has a very dark side that I haven't even fully been able to grasp. If you haven't experienced it, dont realize the difference, or choose not to see it, then easy for you to say its not there, but its enough for me and a large number of others to want to leave melbourne if given a chance.

But I'm done here, if anyone has an issue or any questions please message me directly.
Well, you cannot disagree that doesn't happen quite a bit these days though can you? If so, you are misinformed and incorrect. Like heck, would I let a woman rule me like that, I do not care what they look like. It is an equal effort in my version of a relationship and if women do not like that, then I could go single for the rest of my life for all I care. I am surely not gonna give all I have to someone else, that is utterly foolish. There is nort a return that is worth allowing a woman to rule me. Anyways, I am coming to Melbourne to tour soon. I did like Indialantic when I visited a long time ago. Do you have any recommendations for attractions in Melbourne proper? I am not talking merely about clubs in town, I am referring to the whole spectrum of entertainment and leisure.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:11 PM

216 posts, read 782,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
50k is plenty for renting a condo downtown or on the beach as well as buying a new car retirement funding and a few vacations per year.

and let me guess you are military? you sound more like military scum, typical ignorant douche all you know is how to take orders. i support our troops and soldiers, i grew up in a military family
Wow, you say that, and actually support our troops and soldiers?
50k might buy you a used Yugo, a cot to sleep on downtown in a bad hotel, not much at all for retirement, and lastly vacations to where - Magic Kingdom

Old 04-10-2011, 09:36 PM

just to shut you up,

INCOME
$50,000/12 ~ $4,150 per month

EXPENSES (monthly)
$2,200 = rent/utilities
$1,000 = new car & insurance
$400 = food
$400 = gas/misc bills
$150 discretionary

you can easily find a nice luxury sport vehicle for $800 including insurance
and obviously $2,200 a month for rent is at the high end, could easily find a decent place (or even a 2/2 with a roommate) for under $1,200

with those changes, that is an addition of $1,200 to discretionary income per month. theres your vacation (caribbean cruise perhaps) and 401k contributions.

goodness i must be dealing with a bunch of ****in tards here

Old 04-10-2011, 09:44 PM

seriously just give up and admit you guys are losers with the exception of a meek few
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County