U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-11-2011, 11:32 PM
 
Location: Florida/Nebraska
216 posts, read 782,956 times
Reputation: 141

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
goodness i must be dealing with a bunch of ****in tards here
You're still here, and probably living with Mom and Dad since you finished college.
So, you figured up how to spend 50k, or your budget at least.
Your math don't actually add up with your age since you say you're 25, lived in many places growing up within a military family. Was you schooled within Brevard County? Close to 18 if you graduated High School, then 4 years off to College brings you to around 22, if you went straight to College to get the high degree you say you have. If you had so much fun in the College town/city that you went to, why did you move back here? What's been happening the past 3 years to make you so bitter, living here is what you make of it. On a different post of yours you mentioned being called a racial slur, but within that same post you said you were bartending for people. Are you a bartender? If you're so bored here in Brevard, hurry and make the move South. I hope you have a better attitude wherever you may roam to. Things could be worse for you there, since crime, multicultural diversity is vastly broad, and that changes from neighborhood to neighborhood. People like to steal new nice luxury sport vehicles there too.

Last edited by SandmanSand; 04-11-2011 at 11:42 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-12-2011, 05:34 AM
 
264 posts, read 681,551 times
Reputation: 151
yea and not to mention studying for state board certification while also working and satisfying work experience requirements. some young people are caring enough to live with their parents after college. not all families have parents that like to go out and party all the time and walk around the house naked when the kids aren't around. i guess the traditional path for most students is get into college, get through your 4-year degree have tons of fun and get the party out of your system, and EXPECT to get a job.

those people are the ones who end up in melbourne with a half ass job because they are half ass workers. and on the other hand you have someone like myself who cared to get actual real world management experience concurrent with an education all the while bartending on certain occasion (not even a full time job but networked enough to know a number of businesses/bar owners) and still have a good time. its like, people in melbourne are so insecure because whatever theyre doing here, they know they could be a lot happier doing it somewhere else or at least doing something else that is better but there is not much opportunity for change in brevard county. for example, bartending downtown melbourne vs bartending downtown orlando.

im by no means saying i am better than anyone i am one of the more humble people around, but melbourne is just a ****ty place. i am not unhappy here, but its the overall demographics, quality of service, and general quality of life here that is grossly sub par.

if you are older, been through some things in life, and want to get back to a simpler mindset and away from traffic or whatever excuse you have, sure melbourne is a great place to retire. but no one in their right mind will come out of school and WANT to come to melbourne if they dont have to. the only exception to this is if there might be a family business for them to attend to. ha which reminds me, being from melbourne, i had talked with some people from harris at a career fair once and their response to me was "sure we'll interview ya" -then she pulls me aside- "but i honestly think you can find a lot better". she was an older and more experienced lady in the organization who i could tell was not liking her position in life at that time.

and i could care less about the night life (especially in brevard), im not a toolbag alcoholic who half asses their way through life. and if thats what you are, no need to get offended, dont take it as derogatory but just simply descriptive i have nothing against people who are careless and like to party their lives away. seems great but unfortunately im not built that way and would prefer to actually attempt to achieve my potential

anyhow, what more can i say? if you are one of the people that may be offended by my posts then i challenge you to re-evaluate youself and see where you can improve on. i do the same for myself all the time and it gets tiresome having to deal with a secondhand environment like that of brevard county.

YouTube - Mr Sandman auchan
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 06:21 AM
 
3,718 posts, read 6,676,489 times
Reputation: 3433
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
seriously just give up and admit you guys are losers with the exception of a meek few
The only loser I see is someone who has to bash, bash, bash because they have nothing better to do with their life because they must be unhappy in who they are. Might not be the community that has the issues but the person living there that cannot see past themselves. People who tend to cut down things and talk the big and better rarely are. JMHO but then in your eyes because I CHOSE after college to actually move to a community you aren't able or willing to make a life for yourself in, I am nothing but a loser. LMAO at that one. Isn't it strange that people graduating from colleges all over the country actually choose to move here because of all the area has to offer?
How long is it going to take you to move? You have been on this spiel for months now
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 06:34 AM
 
264 posts, read 681,551 times
Reputation: 151
Im on the way to checking out a few places right now hope ya dont miss me much. I post on this site usually through my mobile phone so instead of words I will actually snap pictures for the world to see. The good the bad and the ugly. Btw I'm not bored because I have no life but because I choose not to associate with the half assers around here. Been there done that and just because I dont agree with living the way you all do further outcasts me, all the more reason not to attribute any success to living here. It may be a lose lose for me in your perception, but what can I say, I love a challenge
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 07:01 AM
 
264 posts, read 681,551 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
The only loser I see is someone who has to bash, bash, bash because they have nothing better to do with their life because they must be unhappy in who they are. Might not be the community that has the issues but the person living there that cannot see past themselves. People who tend to cut down things and talk the big and better rarely are. JMHO but then in your eyes because I CHOSE after college to actually move to a community you aren't able or willing to make a life for yourself in, I am nothing but a loser. LMAO at that one. Isn't it strange that people graduating from colleges all over the country actually choose to move here because of all the area has to offer?
How long is it going to take you to move? You have been on this spiel for months now
And I am not even sure what makes you so defensive. I'm not speaking about anyone in particular here but in general terms about the general population. Of course not everyone will fit precisely into these generalizations. I apologize to you if you are upset by my posts but it fills the void in certain situations whether I'm taking a break from studying or plain old bored. And secretly, I love confrontation. Just not in person anymore because people have become way too sensitive especially around here. I blame it on the economy
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 08:06 AM
 
264 posts, read 681,551 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Might not be the community that has the issues but the person living there that cannot see past themselves. People who tend to cut down things and talk the big and better rarely are. JMHO
This would be true except in a community that has in nearly all ways severely gone awry, it is illogical. The trait you are describing then is not narcissism or 'talking big', but rather independent, integrous and resilient

Do these words sound familiar? Probably not, its something a lot of people commonly lack around here

Last edited by cfo.evo; 04-12-2011 at 08:18 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 05:07 AM
 
1,458 posts, read 1,255,564 times
Reputation: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
just to shut you up,

INCOME
$50,000/12 ~ $4,150 per month

EXPENSES (monthly)
$2,200 = rent/utilities
$1,000 = new car & insurance
$400 = food
$400 = gas/misc bills
$150 discretionary

you can easily find a nice luxury sport vehicle for $800 including insurance
and obviously $2,200 a month for rent is at the high end, could easily find a decent place (or even a 2/2 with a roommate) for under $1,200

with those changes, that is an addition of $1,200 to discretionary income per month. theres your vacation (caribbean cruise perhaps) and 401k contributions.

goodness i must be dealing with a bunch of ****in tards here
There must be some payroll taxes taken out somewhere, just can't find them.

That looks like the budget of a high school kid, not a smart ar$e, college-educated business dude, aspiring for a $50k salary in fancy surroundings. The car budget was, interesting. You forgot the gold chains, which you would definitely need to wear, when you're out spending that $150 a month in discretionary spending. (more if you get a roommate or a lesser "luxury sport vehicle").

Are you trolling all the way down to Boca?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 07:10 AM
 
264 posts, read 681,551 times
Reputation: 151
Well you guys may be happy to know ill be out of here in three weeks come celebrate with me if the gas prices aren't too much of a concern for you to make the trip.

I thought this was an adult conversation, net of federal taxes should be a given.

And please, reading comprehension eludes you, 150 is bare minimum. You all are funny you guys were probably still slurping up your ramen noodles til you were 30, or feeding your kids cereal 3 times a day until they realized they didn't want to be poor anymore
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 07:32 AM
 
1,458 posts, read 1,255,564 times
Reputation: 782
Hard to tell with you, $50k, $60K, whatever. It's not a given, after reading all of your posts.

I thought you weren't relocating until the Fall?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 07:59 AM
 
264 posts, read 681,551 times
Reputation: 151
Decided id head out earlier, it might help curtail this depression im suffering, my doc calls it senior-citizen-itis
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top