Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 05:35 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce backer View Post
This thread is hilarious, never have I seen so much bitching whining and complaining in my life.

for the guy asking about rockledge. I live right on the line of rockledge and viera this place is great. the schools are fantastic jump right on 95 and can go anywhere or shoot up route 1 to the beach

to the kid thinking 50 grand a yr and moving south is great LOL 50 grand is nothing you have a lot to learn especially if u plan on moving to a higher priced area on 50 lol

Rockledge Viera suntree is where i'd move to on the mainland. Sat beach, and south on the island
Thanks, I was beginning to think we were in a frat party. $50k in Lauderdale is a window washer no

I toured the area while playing golf at Viera East. Nice area. Somewhere between there and Rockledge area, easy access to both I95 and the causeway to Cocoa Beach and the Cape area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 06:07 AM

264 posts, read 774,500 times
Haha this is so pathetic. You guys are confused and so emotional, what happened? Couldn't make it to where you want in life so you had to move somewhere "quiet" and cheap? Somewhere you can make yourself feel special among all the other bums? I'm done here I dont think the competency level is up to par here to debate any further. My suggestion before you start typing a response is to first think of five bad things about living in the area. I am willing to bet some of you are so numb and cut off from reality its not even funny. And no I dont wash windows I work with businesses and individuals on there finances and like I said this place is **** poor for the most part.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:35 AM

39 posts, read 132,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
What does anything have to do with partying or how boring a place is to you. Melbourne is low quality period. 50 salary is great for a single guy with no kids just out of school. Get your head right dude what a useless post of yours.

yeah 50k is good in a low cost area of living, or in 1995 lol

50 k isnt **** bro, face it you're a typical spoiled whiny ***** who feels entitled to everything. You only know this area you don't know the real world or real life so like all kids your age you cry and whine because your life isn't MTV real world lol

You sit here and preach about wisdom at the ripe ole age of 20something. You know nothing but melbourne, Like I said I've lived all over the earth, and have seen **** that makes melbourne look like laguna beach. Just face it you are another whiny little kid who thinks he has it all figured out LOL Don't preach about reality when you yourself has no idea what reality is. reality isnt 50k In Ft lauderdale haha. 50k is good for say Columbia South Carolina, Maybe Middle Georgia, even North east Pa. Hell 50k is king in the middle east lol children

Old 03-23-2011, 05:24 PM

5 posts, read 25,756 times
Well I said my peace. with the exception of Viera/Rockledge area as well as a few areas around the beach, the rest of Brevard county is basically a run-down ****hole. LOL

Sorry but it is.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:27 PM

5 posts, read 25,756 times
Oh sorry forgot... There are a few fun things... KSC and PAF (god bless our military) That's about all that is semi-interesting... and the wildlife. You can have the rest.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:16 PM

35 posts, read 91,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowpow View Post
Is it really that bad? I've never lived anywhere else, maybe I'm trapped from the rest of the world

No this person must not have lived many places and is young (like you ) but obiviously was burned some how.....I have lived alot of places and while there is not much as far as cultural things or night life really.....its a pretty laid back quite place if you don't want to live in the heart of a big city area and you want a little cheaper affordable lifestyle

Old 04-04-2011, 12:19 PM

35 posts, read 91,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Raising hand very high to say "I guess I am one of the losers then and proud of it!"

BTW I have a colllege degree .. and have lived in many places, also. I chose this area because it is what I wanted as a single, young adult after working for several years in the Chicago area. Looking back I did not make a mistake in choosing this area. I found everything I wanted in this area except I have to drive a little farther for off-Broadway productions most of the time.

This is also a great location for raising a family. For families who spend time together there are a million things to keep you busy and having fun. Median age here is something like 40, so that means there are just as many younger than 40 as older. Compared to a lot of areas it is a younger population. Did you have a hard time fitting in with the kids in high school when you moved here at 15? Did you move in with an attitude that you were better than the kids who grew up here because that is the attitude I see you presenting on here?

Still trying to figure out how a high tech area is still in the 70s.....unless you mean education, family, church, neighborly neighbors, friends who actually care about you are old fashioned and clubbing is the only thing that makes an area worthwhile.

I realize you are young and just starting out in your career and life as an adult, but I think as time goes on you might just realize what a great area this was for you to live in. Sounds like it is time for you to fly, though i am wondering, since you hate this area so much, why you are still here after you got your degree.............
I agree ......lived all over the country (and out too) if you think this area is horrible...you really lead a sheltered life LOL it has good and bad points but so does every where else as well....but it is a pretty decent area over all

Old 04-05-2011, 09:59 AM

21 posts, read 99,881 times
Default info and not rants

It would be very nice to get some real info on this area rather than what appear to be entirely subjective rants. For example, which neighborhoods are the cleanest & least crime-free, where is the best place to shop for groceries, what is the average cost of living (electric, cable, water). Is there even cable in the less populous areas?

If someone can answer these questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:48 PM

263 posts, read 889,677 times
Default I will try... ^^^^

Above poster, we (my young family of 3) have been here since September 2009.

It is cheaper for us to live here then it was in NW Indiana. We have well water, so there is no water bill. We have electric only, so no paying for propane. We rarely used the heat this past winter, even though everyone else acted like it was an artic climate. We spend no more than $100 a month on electric for an 1800 sq ft house, with the ceiling fans on all day and the thermostat at 75 if it's 80 and humid outside. Most of the time we just leave the windows open if we can. We don't have a pool. It's $950 per month for a nearly new house. The neighborhoods in Palm Bay are not very pretty as far as landscaping and have small yards, but they aren't gated either, so it's give and take.

I use coupons as much as possible, and shop for groceries at walmart and Aldis. I take advantage of CVS extra care bucks for most everything else. We live in NE Palm Bay, within easy reach of Kohls, Petco, Walmart, Aldis, and multiple other stores.

We don't pay for cable or the newspaper. We commute 20 mins to work everyday, and between our two cars, we pay about $150 every two weeks for gas. We love to go eat at places on the water, 1 or 2 times a week at the most. There are some lovely places to eat all over the county. I recommend The Shack, Jack Bakers, the Sunset Cafe, and the Atlantic Bar and Grill at the Pier.

We have not run out of activities to do as a family. We go to the beach, the Turkey Creek Sanctuary, the dinosaur museum, Cocoa Village for antique shopping, the local parks, the libraries, and the movies.

None of the places we have been are run down or scary, or we wouldn't go. There are areas closer to the river that are dicey, especially along US 1 regarding drug activity and prostitutes. I'm not afraid to go out at night in Palm Bay. But I'm always aware of my surroundings, and don't hang out with that population. I have not witnessed or been personally told about any major crime.

I can't tell you anything about nightlife, I am well past that stage, but I can tell you that I'm never bored or in risky situations.

Overall I love living here. I don't want to ever move. I hope this was somewhat helpful.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:28 AM

39 posts, read 132,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
I've lived all over the US as well as overseas. Just because your life sucked or you made bad decisions doesn't make those who are doing well for themselves spoiled. 50k is plenty for renting a condo downtown or on the beach as well as buying a new car retirement funding and a few vacations per year. Its not a volatile job either very selective and well structured for advancement. Sorry but I don't think you know what youre talking about. Have you ever even been to college?

and let me guess you are military? you sound more like military scum, typical ignorant douche all you know is how to take orders. i support our troops and soldiers, i grew up in a military family, but like i said get your head right dude. ive considered signing as an officer just to beat ignorant grunts like you

Typical military scum? ignorant grunt? how about we do this young man, lets meet up for a nice cup of coffee so that you can insult me to my face? I would enjoy watching your jaw drop at who you are insulting keyboard thug

judging by all the whining racism posts you make I have you pegged to a T of the exact person you are. DOnt feed me the line of being rasied in a military family then say **** like typical military scum. As far as bad decisions? how is being stationed all over the world living life and enjoying my job a bad decision?

Like I said the offer is there. Send me a PM keyboard thug so I can provide you the opportunity to " beat ignorant grunts like me"

btw what makes you think I am not an officer? what makes you think I am still in the military?

you make strong generalizations. But all keyboard hood rats do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County