Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 07:21 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times

Advertisements

"Everywhere you go, you always take the weather with you." Tim and Neil Finn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 08:07 AM

264 posts, read 774,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Obviously not. He's busy offending people in at least two other cities now. He'll grow up, someday.
Who am I pissing off in other cities? It's funny how some of you judge people. All the while I am here in South Florida being wined and dined at some of the finest restaurants and traveling to clients many of which are high profile, multi-million dollar associations.

It's a shame some people have to be so entirely fixated on their own "conservative" and "obsolete" values and disregard the fact that if we could extrapolate the demographics and population of Melbourne, Florida to the population of the entire world, the world would spontaneously collapse due to the lack of ambition, life, and lack of just about anything else you can think of.

By this point, I have even considered buying a condo on the beach in Melbourne since it IS so cheap, but then I visited a few properties and considered the long term rewards of doing so and figured it wouldn't be worth it.

Say or think as you will, I've found personal and professional satisfaction only by leaving Brevard County. And after living in South Florida for a few years now, I am rapidly approaching a point in my career where I will have the opportunity to travel not only across the states, but internationally as well.

I appreciate you guys enjoying my perspective whether you want to admit it or not, but I don't think Melbourne will ever be a place of residence for myself or ever even acknowledged in any higher regards than I have mentioned in this thread.

So as unfortunate as it may seem to some of you, 2-3 years later my opinion still hasn't changed and I am having the time of my life in beautiful South Florida.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:04 AM

1,988 posts, read 5,382,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
I appreciate you guys enjoying my perspective whether you want to admit it or not, but I don't think Melbourne will ever be a place of residence for myself or ever even acknowledged in any higher regards than I have mentioned in this thread.
As someone who grew up in Melbourne (age 7-29) and is glad to be returning soon, I find this to be very good news. We don't need your kind here.

Last edited by Eresh; 06-16-2013 at 11:23 AM..

Old 06-16-2013, 03:36 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Quote:
Who am I pissing off in other cities? It's funny how some of you judge people.

::Snip:: I'll just let that steaming pile speak for itself

Old 06-16-2013, 06:13 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Who am I pissing off in other cities? It's funny how some of you judge people. All the while I am here in South Florida being wined and dined at some of the finest restaurants and traveling to clients many of which are high profile, multi-million dollar associations.

It's a shame some people have to be so entirely fixated on their own "conservative" and "obsolete" values and disregard the fact that if we could extrapolate the demographics and population of Melbourne, Florida to the population of the entire world, the world would spontaneously collapse due to the lack of ambition, life, and lack of just about anything else you can think of.

By this point, I have even considered buying a condo on the beach in Melbourne since it IS so cheap, but then I visited a few properties and considered the long term rewards of doing so and figured it wouldn't be worth it.

Say or think as you will, I've found personal and professional satisfaction only by leaving Brevard County. And after living in South Florida for a few years now, I am rapidly approaching a point in my career where I will have the opportunity to travel not only across the states, but internationally as well.

So as unfortunate as it may seem to some of you, 2-3 years later my opinion still hasn't changed and I am having the time of my life in beautiful South Florida.
You couldn't pay me to live in the cesspool that is much of south fl. Just like you couldn't pay me to live in the backwards part of the panhandle

Old 06-28-2013, 03:26 PM

6 posts, read 23,098 times
Default moving july14 2013

ok I did my homework im married with one son, I love boring im not the party type will be moving into the park townhomes. I already know what school my sons going to and everything seems cool the only thing in really worried about is everyone telling me to get a job down there im in Houston texas and I have tried to remotely apply for jobs and its impossible I don't need any relocation help. its like they see I live in texas right now and ignore my resume. im in customer service and I see there are plenty of jobs I am qualified for. I would like to use you as a contact if I can just need a local to show me the ropes

Old 07-11-2013, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,894 times
Don't review Rockledge if you admit that you don't know much about it. Rockledge is very nice and low in crime, and its pretty much Viera before DUDA sold the land to the city and they shoved Viera in the middle of Rockledge and Melbourne. Viera was just woods and farmland before. people get killed in Melbourne and palm bay all the time, check and see Rockledge crime rates and murders in the last 20 yrs. talk about what you know from now on please.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:06 PM

315 posts, read 767,323 times
Default Updates

I have not read the many pages of replies on this thread, but I'd love to hear an update from the people in 2011 and early on, who loved the West Melbourne, Rockledge, Viera, Melbourne, Palm Bay area. Are you feelings still the same or have they changed some since this thread originated almost 4 years ago.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:03 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barli View Post
I have not read the many pages of replies on this thread, but I'd love to hear an update from the people in 2011 and early on, who loved the West Melbourne, Rockledge, Viera, Melbourne, Palm Bay area. Are you feelings still the same or have they changed some since this thread originated almost 4 years ago.

Space Coast, Florida still= the best place in the worlld to live.
Best place to raise kids.
Still has its beautiful natural beaches, friendly people, great schools with caring teachers.
Still not so crowded that we can see wildlife without driving 100s of miles to see wild animals.
Still making history here.
Still a great area for surfing and other outdoor sports.
I adopted Brevard county as home 39 years ago and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Have we changed? Immensely. More things to do, more places to eat out, more people, more schools, more stores, better schools, more colleges, more festivals, better roads, and more diverse.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:58 PM

39 posts, read 110,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Space Coast, Florida still= the best place in the worlld to live.
Best place to raise kids.
Still has its beautiful natural beaches, friendly people, great schools with caring teachers.
Still not so crowded that we can see wildlife without driving 100s of miles to see wild animals.
Still making history here.
Still a great area for surfing and other outdoor sports.
I adopted Brevard county as home 39 years ago and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Have we changed? Immensely. More things to do, more places to eat out, more people, more schools, more stores, better schools, more colleges, more festivals, better roads, and more diverse.
Funny that someone asked about the area since some of the posts from 2011, I happen to be one of those 2011 posts and am now seriously looking at moving from the crazy, hectic, rude South Florida area to the more laid back and hopefully still slower paced Melbourne area. Glad to see you are still posting Rabflmom and glad to hear of the positives you mentioned above.

I did post on the Brevard board asking about the Rockledge area. If you don't mind me asking, what area do you live in? I am really leaning towards the western areas (as I really don't want to have to worry about evacuating for a hurricane) although I am not all that familiar with the evacuation zones up there but do realize there is more water than just the ocean. -so could be possible even some of the western areas are in evacuation zones depending on the category of the hurricane. Regardless of that...

We are headed to the area next week to look at houses with the same realtor we met back in 2008. We haven't been to the area in almost 3 yrs so I'm sure there are a lot more built up areas. Hoping we still get that same inviting feeling we have gotten the many times we have visited and we can't wait to have dinner at Grille's LOL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County