U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:03 AM

264 posts, read 681,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Unless you are purple....how would you possibly look different than all the other ethnic backgrounds represented in Florida?
idk take me out to lunch i like ribs, potato salad, and koolaid
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 07:15 AM

wow so i was definitely called a ****** as i walked by a couple having dinner outside downtown last night, i was having such a good time bartending for everybody it was such a great atmosphere and some ******* for some reason had a problem with me just for walking by. one thing, it takes a lot of energy to just let it go and not respond to something like that and also you ever wonder why some minority people are so angry? its because stupid **** like this happens all the time. so ****in pathetic. and i dont want to hear that reverse racism crap, im a normal guy in a normal part of town who has had a more than normal life and i have to put up with crap like that. im not the only one im sure.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:53 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,448,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Racism is everywhere. It depends on your race and the majority race of the area. Obviously you've never been white and going into a minority-majority urban city..

Brevard County sounds pretty nice, honestly.. I can't wait to escape the rat race, traffic, and smog..
Not like in Florida!! I never heard the 'N' word spoken so shamelessly out loud before in supposedly polite company. Whether it was at neighborhood gatherings or out to dinner with another couple, I've heard this racial slur roll off peoples' tongues as if nothing. Florida is horrendously racist.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:06 PM

15 posts, read 25,402 times
Default .

"We live in a world where their are NO limits, the only limits are in our minds".

Old 03-29-2011, 06:32 AM

20 posts, read 31,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
Not like in Florida!! I never heard the 'N' word spoken so shamelessly out loud before in supposedly polite company. Whether it was at neighborhood gatherings or out to dinner with another couple, I've heard this racial slur roll off peoples' tongues as if nothing. Florida is horrendously racist.
I've been here for 35yrs., and I think it really makes a difference which town your in,each neighborhood seems to have it's own thing going on.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:40 PM

216 posts, read 783,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
wow so i was definitely called a ******
I hate it when I'm called a Cracker, so deal with reality, and other ethnic races.

Last edited by SandmanSand; 04-01-2011 at 08:54 PM..

Old 04-02-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandmanSand View Post
I hate it when I'm called a Cracker, so deal with reality, and other ethnic races.
I am dealing with reality lol I have dealt with it in such a way that I am currently shopping for a new car hmm those audi s5 are looking pretty nice..

I'm not the one with the problem. There are dumb asses of every race, there are VERY stupid ghetto black people who are just destructive toward anyone if they feel like it, even to me before I've been called names, but when you have a white person make a racist comment toward you, especially when they look like they can be your teacher, employer, or someone with an education, thats disturbing.

Just because you were called cracker doesn't mean all minority people you come across should get less treatment or be given bad service. Its not fair to me when I grew up with all different types of people including white, went to school with them, work for and with them.

I'm not the one with the problem, its the people like you who dont see the difference.

Last edited by cfo.evo; 04-02-2011 at 07:35 AM..

Old 04-02-2011, 05:43 PM

216 posts, read 783,237 times
Quote:
I'm not the one with the problem, its the people like you who dont see the difference.
I never called you a name, and you must not know a "real" cracker
Source Wiki: Florida cracker
Florida cracker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ETA: BTW I'm not racist, and if you feel discriminated by other races even your own, maybe it's time to make a move.

Last edited by SandmanSand; 04-02-2011 at 05:53 PM..

Old 04-04-2011, 12:00 PM

35 posts, read 81,945 times
Quote:
this place is outright shameful. 75% of employment is through the government, there aren't any major commercial organizations, and lifestyle of this area is **** poor. you can guarantee contracting various stds if you are active in the nightlife here. one of the feature establishments, mainstreet pub, although popular is very poor in quality and service.

this is not a place to grow up nor raise a family and its troublesome to hear anyone would think that. they must have grown up here and not know any about the outside world and conditions. just because property may be relatively cheap, you are sacrificing keeping pace with the world, your livelihood, and a diverse/open-minded community because melbourne/palm bay is a complete dump!

please DONT BE FOOLED. unless you want to turn into a drunken, non-aspiritious, beach bum, low life, non-existent, souless creature thats fine. but please consider your kids growing up in one of the most boring, substance-abusing, close-minded environments known to this nation.
Ah...yea...nothing bout your title in this post.....but every place is WHAT YOU MAKE IT......I lived there for years ...althought I do claim to be a beach bum and kids to ...we still live in NJ on the beach.....but we are not drug addicts or had any of the problems you list here. Sounds like you are having an off day or live somewhere off beat maybe...it might be the people you hang with ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County