Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 07:51 AM

264 posts, read 774,644 times

Advertisements

this place is outright shameful. 75% of employment is through the government, there aren't any major commercial organizations, and lifestyle of this area is **** poor. you can guarantee contracting various stds if you are active in the nightlife here. one of the feature establishments, mainstreet pub, although popular is very poor in quality and service.

this is not a place to grow up nor raise a family and its troublesome to hear anyone would think that. they must have grown up here and not know any about the outside world and conditions. just because property may be relatively cheap, you are sacrificing keeping pace with the world, your livelihood, and a diverse/open-minded community because melbourne/palm bay is a complete dump!

please DONT BE FOOLED. unless you want to turn into a drunken, non-aspiritious, beach bum, low life, non-existent, souless creature thats fine. but please consider your kids growing up in one of the most boring, substance-abusing, close-minded environments known to this nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 08:33 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Nice post... You lure me in with " why are people here so racist? " in your title but then nothing in your post about race.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:51 AM

its simple, go to a place like mainstreet pub

you know why you hardly see any minorities there? because the patrons there will look at you funny and the bartenders give you horrible service and overcharge for no reason.

this is racism and just one example. if it hasn't happened to you, you wouldn't understand, but it is very common and disgusting behavior in this area.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
its simple, go to a place like mainstreet pub

you know why you hardly see any minorities there? because the patrons there will look at you funny and the bartenders give you horrible service and overcharge for no reason.

this is racism and just one example. if it hasn't happened to you, you wouldn't understand, but it is very common and disgusting behavior in this area.
Racism is everywhere. It depends on your race and the majority race of the area. Obviously you've never been white and going into a minority-majority urban city..

Brevard County sounds pretty nice, honestly.. I can't wait to escape the rat race, traffic, and smog..

Old 02-20-2011, 09:26 AM

there are many places to consider relocating to if thats what your near future intentions are, i really urge to reconsider NOT moving anywhere in brevard county whether you are white or non-white.

i grew up here, have a college degree, and i will tell you that anybody who was somebody LEFT this place as soon as possible. its not a happy place, it is its own little corner of the world that is kinda left behind to just wither and die. thats exactly how i think of it.

i am assuming you are non-white based on your interest in this thread. now if you enjoy staying home, and living a lifestyle of home to work and back, it is certainly habitable. but anything involving the public i can guarantee there are barriers placed to make certain people uncomfortable and kept out of establishments.

this is especially true for average to good looking males in this category. the women mostly seem to be interested, but the white males must be intimidated by good looking minority males.

sounds completely ridiculous doesn't it, thats because it is. if i could, i would take you out and buy you a drink just to show you what goes on here. now if you really wanted to, you can fall into the molding that they have for you, and let them make you who they want you to be. i find that to be completely unacceptable in my opinion.

personally, i will be moving to south florida soon where i absolutely love so this will not be an issue much longer. people are more open-minded there and genuinely happy

Old 02-20-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
there are many places to consider relocating to if thats what your near future intentions are
You couldn't pay me to live in any part of Florida these days and it's sad because I'm a native and lived there from birth through high school.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:27 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
there are many places to consider relocating to if thats what your near future intentions are, i really urge to reconsider NOT moving anywhere in brevard county whether you are white or non-white.

i grew up here, have a college degree, and i will tell you that anybody who was somebody LEFT this place as soon as possible. its not a happy place, it is its own little corner of the world that is kinda left behind to just wither and die. thats exactly how i think of it.

i am assuming you are non-white based on your interest in this thread. now if you enjoy staying home, and living a lifestyle of home to work and back, it is certainly habitable. but anything involving the public i can guarantee there are barriers placed to make certain people uncomfortable and kept out of establishments.

this is especially true for average to good looking males in this category. the women mostly seem to be interested, but the white males must be intimidated by good looking minority males.

sounds completely ridiculous doesn't it, thats because it is. if i could, i would take you out and buy you a drink just to show you what goes on here. now if you really wanted to, you can fall into the molding that they have for you, and let them make you who they want you to be. i find that to be completely unacceptable in my opinion.

personally, i will be moving to south florida soon where i absolutely love so this will not be an issue much longer. people are more open-minded there and genuinely happy

College degree and you do not start a sentence with a capital letter?

This is a trolling thread as you are just asking for comments to bait the issue.

I will be a taker.

Having traveled all across this country and in the area you are talking about in Florida I seen racism happen from both sides.

Racism is happening both directions and not just one way as some would try to get you to believe.

In my experiences, you would be far more comfortable, safer, secure, welcomed in an all white area then a white person going into an all black area. If you think you are getting looked at odd or weird, LOL, try being white and go into an all black area. Amazing results.

It is sad that we have pockets of racism around the country but please do not make it out like it is all one way as it is clearly not the truth.

The area you are in is not all that racist at all. Maybe it is just your opinion and maybe your behavior as I have eaten in some of the best restaurants, stayed in many hotels with nice bars, danced on many dance floors, been to many shows etc and never ever seen this happen even back 20+ years.

It is racist to even make the comment that white males are intimidated by good looking minorities. Why would they be?

There are no barriers other then those made up in people's minds or have been placed in their minds by their parents.

If anything the barriers that were put on people like my Father by being jumped over by less talented, less valued minorities would be such a barrier. In the end they were gone and my Father ended up with those jobs as the less talented people did have to show up to work and perform and in each case they could not perform, often showed up late or not at all and were self fired.

Head to south Florida as soon as you can so you can finally see that racism exist no matter where you go, and you will learn that racism works both ways.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
College degree and you do not start a sentence with a capital letter?
lol when did you go to the college, in the 1960s? sorry im not an uptight ******* enough to type properly at all times while on the internet. i deal enough with business letters and emails day to day i think ive earned my right to slack with the shift key

Quote:
Racism is happening both directions and not just one way as some would try to get you to believe.

It is sad that we have pockets of racism around the country but please do not make it out like it is all one way as it is clearly not the truth.
i never said anything about racism going one way, but im glad that you admit racism does exist rather than blatantly denying it like most people

my issue with it isn't so much the looks and treatment, but on top of that, its the fact that when i am working and dressed in a suit and working with clients, everything is peachy. then outside of work if i want to go out and be casual, i cant because HERE i am categorized as a degenerate (or perhaps its my own perception from past experiences that causes me to think this, cause and effect, when you experience rejection just based on the way you look it could have quite the significant effect on personality and perception couldnt it)

but you know its okay because i am getting paid quite a bit more than many people here and JUST finished my undergrad in 2010. i know a higher income doesn't necessarily make a better person, but one can also claim, i would be the guy people want to talk to or at least should be, instead they dont because they cant get over themselves and ask the MINORITY guy for advice LOL pricks

Quote:
There are no barriers other then those made up in people's minds or have been placed in their minds by their parents.

Head to south Florida as soon as you can so you can finally see that racism exist no matter where you go, and you will learn that racism works both ways.
that is easy to say if you havent experienced it directly in your life. and its just not valid. minorities are the minority because there are less of them. white people have communities, establishments, and businesses everywhere. being a minority, you dont have all the resources a white man does. then to experience someone under their own power reject you just because the way you look? that is horrible.

yea some people manage better because the way they look, dress, or even just have a generally submissive personality. i dont have it bad at all, but i am aware it does exist from personal experience.

everybody is an individual, and im not judging an entire race as being racist, just the fact that this area is quite narrow-minded overall and the type of people here are NOT common at all in other places ive lived. or at least it is diverse enough in most other places to simply avoid places with this behavior.

from my experience in other metro areas in florida, people actually enjoy their lives rather than taking the time and energy to make someone who is doing well in their life feel bad just because they look different.

Last edited by cfo.evo; 02-20-2011 at 11:09 PM..

Old 02-22-2011, 10:19 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Unless you are purple....how would you possibly look different than all the other ethnic backgrounds represented in Florida?

Old 02-22-2011, 10:45 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Unless you are purple....how would you possibly look different than all the other ethnic backgrounds represented in Florida?
GloryB,
I am burned red from spending time fishing on Saturday - not really purple, but really red.....and I guess I still blend in around here.
What a crappy thread....I'm out of here! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County