U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 PM

4 posts, read 11,428 times

Advertisements

I'm nervous even writing this post, haha! I've lived in Miami/Hialeah all of my life and my husband just got a job opportunity in Melbourne so we'll be heading over there next month or so. Miami and Hialeah aren't the greatest places to live, I'm sure, but it's all I've known. I don't know how Melbourne compares to them!

Only thing is... I am terrified! I need to find an apartment over there soon, but I am paranoid about crime. I've also read that Melbourne is "boring" and so on. I'm 23 and I don't care about the drinking and clubbing scene, so I have no problem with that. Miami is wasted on me, haha! I just want to know relatively safe neighborhoods in the area.

I'm pretty much rambling here and forgot my original question . But basically, I'm looking for apartments...and is there any places I should steer clear from and so on.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 06:25 PM

264 posts, read 681,562 times
I think you are going to hate it here. But if you can, try to live closest to Viera area as possible. Start by looking for apartments off North Wickham Road in Viera/Suntree. The communities are mostly clean and the people there are a lot better. One complex I would recommend is Cypress Cove, it is near I-95 and lots of shopping at The Avenues of Viera.

If you provide more details, maybe we can better match you up, i.e., location of job, open to other housing options, do you like the beach, etc

some houses here can be rented for relatively cheap, you can rent 3-4 bedroom houses in the range of $900-$1200 a month.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:57 AM

469 posts, read 1,211,758 times
I don't think you will hate it here. To each their own but the hustle and bustle of South Florida was not for me- I can care less about driving a BMW. Especially since the night scene is not an issue (I just came from South Florida- with a family however). I'd also look into renting beachside as well as Viera area. The lifestyle here is low-key, cheaper, cost-of-living, nicer people, while you still have the benefit of being near the coast- a win-win for me!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:38 PM

59 posts, read 124,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanakou View Post
I'm nervous even writing this post, haha! I've lived in Miami/Hialeah all of my life and my husband just got a job opportunity in Melbourne so we'll be heading over there next month or so. Miami and Hialeah aren't the greatest places to live, I'm sure, but it's all I've known. I don't know how Melbourne compares to them!

Only thing is... I am terrified! I need to find an apartment over there soon, but I am paranoid about crime. I've also read that Melbourne is "boring" and so on. I'm 23 and I don't care about the drinking and clubbing scene, so I have no problem with that. Miami is wasted on me, haha! I just want to know relatively safe neighborhoods in the area.

I'm pretty much rambling here and forgot my original question . But basically, I'm looking for apartments...and is there any places I should steer clear from and so on.

Do you have any children? We are moving the the Space Coast with our 2 boys. Our family has resided in the area for years now. It is not as "live" as Miami but it is very nice. Beaches are close by, MOST apartments are good. What is your peice range? You may be able to find a smaller house or townhome depending on what area you are set on. Good luck! Feel free to message me for further info!

Old 03-02-2011, 01:16 PM

4 posts, read 11,428 times
Thank you guys so much! I've been looking into the Viera/Space Coast and I've found a few apartments that look promising. We're both just starting out and we have no children (just our small puppy) so the price range for apartments we've been looking for is anywhere from 600-800 at least for right now. I have to find myself a job up there and eventually we'll look into housing options.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:43 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,447,513 times
Viera is a bunch of blah subdivisions built around a strip mall. I'd go for more coastal Melbourne. It's all pretty safe by comparison to Miami.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanakou View Post
... I have to find myself a job up there and eventually we'll look into housing options.
As far as housing goes, if you're thinking of buying a house, there are some amazing bargains going.

Some people have put their houses on the market at 2007 prices - and those probably won't sell in a hurry, but there are also houses offered for sale where the vendor wants to 'get rid at any price' and there are some real bargains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or