Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 06:01 PM

15 posts, read 42,749 times

Advertisements

I live in MN, just put an offer on a home in Palm Bay, and see recently the area was hit with some pretty bad weather. Just wondering if there was much damage. Looks like high winds and pretty large hail. Hope all is well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 12:20 AM

264 posts, read 774,500 times
nothing unusual really

Old 04-04-2011, 11:56 AM

35 posts, read 91,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynkay View Post
I live in MN, just put an offer on a home in Palm Bay, and see recently the area was hit with some pretty bad weather. Just wondering if there was much damage. Looks like high winds and pretty large hail. Hope all is well.

This is a every day occurance in Florida...the weather is sub-tropical so storms move in fast ...extremly violent (Centrally Florida has the second highest lightning strikes in the world ) Only New Zealand has worse just a little trivia there for ya ..LOL but they move in quick and generally move out just as quick...it also have the 2nd highest Tornado count (just under north Texas) but they are generally milder then the ones in the Tornado Belt areas. I use to sit in my closet in the center of my home everytime we would get a storm LOL...my husband use to laugh at me all the time and tell me if the lightning or tornado's were gonna get me it didn't matter where I was Any way it could be pouring at my house and across the street at yours be sunny as all.....just the way of the weather.....the hail / wind ....nothing...wait till your first Hurricane...then the fun begins

Old 04-08-2011, 08:08 PM

115 posts, read 319,304 times
Hello!

It really wasn't too big of a deal. However, because it is such a rare thing (maybe once or twice a year) it did make the news for quite a while!

Broken tree limbs and lots of debris everywhere on the ground was really all that came out of it! Most of Palm Bay looked like it had just had lawn care maintenence come in and mow without blowing away all the debris after they were done. Twigs and leaves were everywhere. It was rather interesting actually.

I also agree with the person above. It can be raining on one side of the street and dry - and stays dry - on the other. However, being from MN, I think you will find the weather here mild, and somewhat predictable (yes, t-storms do come in during the day for a few hours during many summer days), but nothing too crazy.

It's so predictable, that I wear flip flops 365 days a year, own 3 jackets and 1 coat...and until I began researching "the north" because I want to live by snow so bad..I had no idea what a "parka" was, lol.

The winter - wonderful. Super! Dry, cooler.
The spring - t-storms, a bit drier on some days, rainy on others. Hot.
The summer - Super hot, disgusting. You get sweaty walking out to your car. You get used to it though. You might really love the heat, I just don't.
Fall - a bit warm, but breezy. Tolerable when cooler fronts come through.

Me and my family always used to joke and say "June showers bring July flowers"....it really seems to rain here a lot in June.

Good luck moving here! Take care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County