Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 10,219 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the replies. I was out of town for a bit. $1300 sounds pretty cheap. (good for me!) I did get a quote and it was somewhere around 1300 - 2300 depending on the purchase price of the home.

I am still looking just don't know if I'm going to go for it or not...pretty darn scared w/ all the housing and craziness of the real estate market in these parts.

Maybe I will just rent a house to try it out.

Thanks again! Take care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 04:41 PM

13 posts, read 25,395 times
Default Satellite Beach/Indian Harbour Beach/Melbourne

Any help would be appreciated - my husband and I are planning on moving back to Florida within 3 months. Our daughter and grandson may be coming also, but I'm trying to find out for her what day care costs would be (approximately) for full-time care. She's trying to determine if she will be better off staying in PA or moving with us to FL.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:20 PM

2 posts, read 52,823 times
Just remember that taxable value of the home will be re-assessed when title changes hand. I think an estimate of $3000/yr would be more accurate.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:51 PM

670 posts, read 1,734,591 times
Remember, storm surge and mandatory evacuations. Hmmm... maybe that's why they are leaving. Insurance problems in the future?

Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 AM

316 posts, read 1,033,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefweasal View Post
Just remember that taxable value of the home will be re-assessed when title changes hand. I think an estimate of $3000/yr would be more accurate.
I'd have to agree on this. Looking at the millage rate for the area, either you'd be living in a closet or you'll have to increase the property tax amount.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:37 AM

16 posts, read 133,011 times
Yes, you all are right about the taxes going up when a house is sold. I forgot about that. I've been in this house for 15 years thats why my taxes are so low. And Allstate cancelled my homeowners insurance last year because I'm 4 blocks from the ocean. So I had to go with an unheard of company: Royal Palm and it is expensive. Hurricanes can be scary and I know first hand that they can do a lot of damage -but- so can tornadoes, snow storms, hail, etc...I've gotta live somewhere so I'm going to take my chances down here. Its 75 degrees today, supposed to be 80 tomorrow and we are in the first week of February. Can't beat it!! If possible let me also add a mean comment about Allstate...I had insurance with them for 15 years, 2 cars, house, condo, flood. They charged me outrageous amounts for car insurance and threatened to cancel my homeowners insurance if I didn't keep everything insured by them. Not in those words- they said "We will be cancelling homeowners insurance in the future but since you have everything insured by us you will have a better chance of remaining with Allstate."

Old 02-06-2008, 08:43 PM

3 posts, read 7,328 times
Red face From NJ

Hello,
If anyone can give me more info on what's it like in Satellite Beach, FL that would be great... My boyfriend and I are definitely moving down there permanently in September. any info on rentals for houses.... is it easy to find a job there? we do have a couple friends down there, which is cool... I also love nature.. is there lots of stuff to do down there? I'm looking into secretarial jobs, and my boyfriend is looking for chef and/or restaurant manager jobs... i know the pay is less there.. but will I be able to get more maybe if I have experience? anything would be great..by the way..i love this forum!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:41 AM

16 posts, read 133,011 times
Check out floridatoday.com for rentals. And brevardjoblink.org for jobs. If you aren't picky it should be easy to find a job. If you are a nature lover you should love it here. You can participate in outdoor activites year round. Check out floridatrail.org for hiking information. And I'm sure there are web sites about the beaches. Try looking under "Space Coast of Florida" and you will be able to find a lot of info.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunithaEs View Post
Hello,
If anyone can give me more info on what's it like in Satellite Beach, FL that would be great... My boyfriend and I are definitely moving down there permanently in September. any info on rentals for houses.... is it easy to find a job there? we do have a couple friends down there, which is cool... I also love nature.. is there lots of stuff to do down there? I'm looking into secretarial jobs, and my boyfriend is looking for chef and/or restaurant manager jobs... i know the pay is less there.. but will I be able to get more maybe if I have experience? anything would be great..by the way..i love this forum!!!
Satellite Beach is a fabulous city to move to. My husband and I moved to Florida with our kids years ago and we have never regretted it. At first we lived in Melbourne, but then we decided to move "beachside," to Satellite Beach and it is heavenly. The schools are great and the people are so laid-back and relaxed. It's absolutely wonderful. There are always lots of rentals available here because there are tons of duplexes in Satellite Beach, as well as several affordable apartment complexes. You will love it....no doubt about it.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,398 times
My husband and myself have been questioning the move to Satellite Bch for awhile. We have school aged children. Which neighborhoods as far as schools and houses are the best to live in? How is the jobs in the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County