Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 06:43 AM

2 posts, read 10,246 times

Advertisements

Hey!

I just moved to Melbourne about 3 months ago and live right off the Eau Gallie river by the Melbourne High School. I really like this area b/c we have everything within a 5-10 minute spread. Right now I am renting, but was thinking of buying a home in this area of 32935 or in the N. Satellite Beach area.

I do like the beach, but have never lived by it and I sometimes think it may be "isolated" from the mainland type living. A few houses we were looking at were in the N. Sat Beach area and if anyone from here know, north of that is Patrick Air Force base so there is nothing up that way.

Does anyone have any info that may be of assistance or maybe just no way the real estate, taxes & insurance are out of the question right now.

any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 04:38 PM

16 posts, read 133,342 times
I live in Satellite Beach in a regular size 3 bedroom house and my property taxes are around $1300 and my homeowners insurance has just went up to $3200. I don't feel isolated, we do have stores here and it's only about 12 miles to the big Viera shopping area. I have lived all over the world (military) but I love it here. I feel such a sense of relief when I'm coming across the causeway and back to the peaceful, laid back, beach lifestyle. Or it could just be that I dont like traffic and people and I'm glad I'm almost home!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:35 PM

2 posts, read 9,220 times
I am also looking at the Satellite Beach area also and would like to know what the crime is like there. The housing market seems reasonable I think due to taxes and insurance. Also, with the airforce base their, do a lot of people come and go?

Thanks

Old 08-15-2007, 10:22 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,060,716 times
Is that 1300/3200 per month or year?

Shoo people! Go away! I want to move there in a few years. Don't buy up all the good houses before I get there! j/k

Old 08-15-2007, 12:25 PM

104 posts, read 832,792 times
We lived there 8 years ago on the military base. We really enjoyed it. I can't help you much with the answers about the property or insurance though. But, we loved being able to go to Disney and all the other tourist stuff in Orlando, we loved going to the beach, we loved going down on the river and fishing, we loved camping. Heck we just loved it! I wish we were there now!

Old 08-21-2007, 05:24 AM

17 posts, read 67,864 times
well good luck to ya just reading ur post & I too will be going south by the end of Sept. as soon as the closing on our home in NJ is final! Good Luck

Old 08-21-2007, 05:26 AM

17 posts, read 67,864 times
Looks like we will be neighbors LOL heading that way real soon!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait its been a long 10 months with house on the market now it looks like I can hear the ocean from here

Old 08-29-2007, 08:26 PM

Sorry for the delay Sponger42. My property taxes are $1300 per year and homeowners insurance $3200 per year here in Satellite Beach. Right now there are so many houses for sale. I've been here 15 years and have never seen it like this before. Where is everyone going?

Old 08-29-2007, 08:44 PM

Jimmcc, there is not a lot of crime in Satellite Beach. So our cops have to give a lot of speeding tickets. DO NOT SPEED down A1A! Most of the crime seems to be domestic, drug possession, occasional thieving by the younger generation. My house is 3 miles from PAFB and we don't have a lot of people moving in and out of this neighborhood.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:25 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,060,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JstLookin View Post
Sorry for the delay Sponger42. My property taxes are $1300 per year and homeowners insurance $3200 per year here in Satellite Beach. Right now there are so many houses for sale. I've been here 15 years and have never seen it like this before. Where is everyone going?
Oh, okay. Whew. I can afford that.

I don't care where they're going as long as they leave! More houses for me to choose from!

For those of you who are staying and will (hopefully) be my new neighbors (and I'm talking the 2010 time-frame. Need to travel and go back to school first) don't worry. I'll move in and help raise your property values by making one of those "for sale" signs disappear or repairing and renovating that abandoned property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County