Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 04:57 PM

3 posts, read 15,312 times

Advertisements

hey all. My wife and I are getting stationed at Cape Canaveral in August. I wanted to ask some info cause I haven't lived stateside in almost 10 years and don't know what's really available. What's the isp's around there? Is att or verizon more reliable there? What's the area that gives best value for money on homes? I have looked at merritt island and cocoa and both offer nice homes but I think cocoa is more affordable. Is there any place that I should not consider looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 10:46 PM

14 posts, read 34,692 times
I would stick close to the Beaches...Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral or Merritt Island. What type of home are you looking for? What price range is comfortable for you? I'm a licensed Realtor and can help direct and assist you with your Real Estate needs. Will you be looking to rent or purchase?

Old 05-05-2011, 02:19 PM

27 posts, read 133,311 times
cocoa and port st john are nice places to live (both easy driving distance ) to the cape. I'd avoid titusville,higher crime rate and its just (sadly) very run down and 'empty'.

Merrit islands always been more expensive and when it comes to house buying/house ins..you are on a barrier island so the rates are higher.

Last edited by CARYNBRIT; 05-05-2011 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: worded it wrong!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the info. I have been looking at merrit island cause it's closer but never thought about how much the extra insurance it would be since it wasn't the oceanside. I think Cocoa I was told has some decent housing. I wanna be kinda inbetween cape and patrick since I will have to go to both at times. I will look at port st john. Haven't really looked there yet.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:44 PM

I am looking to buy. I have an agent that I am kinda working with right now. I have been concentrating on Cocoa and Meritt island but from the insurance aspect I might look at cocoa and port st john more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County