Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 09:05 PM

119 posts, read 219,562 times

Advertisements

absolutely none other than one person. melbourne is definitely a conservative town indeed i can't wait to get back to daytona, where there's more fun. noone can even take the time to tell me what bars in the 32935 melbourne area consist of people under 35? and driving lessons i was inquiring about, no help there either. whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 PM

216 posts, read 950,970 times
Sorry, but I don't go to the bars there. It's not the scene for me, and I'm always leery to run into folks that end up here http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=A9&Dato=20110517&Kategori=CRIME03&Lop enr=105170802&Ref=PH&odyssey=mod|galleriespic|umbr ella

Old 05-18-2011, 08:03 AM

264 posts, read 774,218 times
yea there are plenty of bars, nothing special. i think the most widely known is mainstreet pub which is located in downtown melbourne...they have a website that tells you about them. my personal opinion is that this place mostly consists of people who work their typical 9-5 or retail position and gather here to get drunk because they have nothing else to do or aspire to. its just a local dive bar, nothing fancy about it really.

you'll also find places like matt's casbah, off the traxx, fubar, the gallery, and a hookah bar (called vapor i think)...out of these my favorite is fubar, ive only been here a handful of times and its just a small social venue that plays live music every once in a while. also downtown is a place called sheer, this is also a nice place most of the time.

the gallery and sheer are two places downtown if you want to dance. off the traxx also has live music and dancing but ive never really warmed up to this place, worth checking it out if you have nothing better to do.

also in town on beachside there is city tropics, its a restaurant that has dancing and a dj on the weeknights. this was probably my favorite out of all the places to go a few years back.

in west melbourne you have good old county line. (also referred to as county slime). its an old barn turned into an entertainment facility. i havent been there in the longest but i remember it was hot sticky smelled bad and there were people having sex in the back parking lot. if thats what you're into, by all means go for it lmao, but i wouldn't recommend making a habit.

also in west melbourne is levelz. ive been here a few times, it is probably the newest venue in town. its worth checking out, they have performances from some big names every once in a while. it is nice and open, not bad for melbourne in my opinion.

the thing is melbourne is not a very diverse or heavily populated metro area. it has a small town vibe and as you go around town you meet and see the same people all the time. there are people who religiously make their appearances to these venues because there is not much else to do. its really sad in my opinion.

umm, its not too much to get excited about, there is usually always drama or someone getting arrested somewhere at one of these places every weekend. all the downtown places are within a few blocks of eachother and are no cover so you can easily barhop with a group of friends.

your best bet in my opinion is to save up from wasting time in melbourne and just make a trip out to orlando every once in a while, otherwise melbourne just gets depressing. the nightlife has a concentration of ugly chicks and whores so i dont know how you feel about that.

ONE MORE THING about mainstreet pub, i went there on a game night it was crowded and everyone was watching the last few minutes in the game including the bartender so i waited to even be acknowledged. finally the bartender comes up to me and tells me "hey man you have to stand on this side of the bar to order" and then just walks off. so i waited that long just for the ******* to tell me to move 2 feet to the left into a group of people to order a drink. he did not even have the courtesy to ask me what i wanted.

ive never come across that type of attitude at any other place, i bartend myself on occasion and have never had any motive to behave that way to anyone.

as far as driving courses? i say a good starting point is to contact the DMV. they are now located at the Brevard County Tax Collector's office off of Sarno Road.

good luck

Old 05-22-2011, 04:19 PM

119 posts, read 219,562 times
what about this players billiards club on aurora/croton? is that worth checking out? i hear aurora is supposedly one of the bad areas so do troublemakers on that road go in that place?

Old 06-02-2011, 03:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,702 times
Melbourne is full of bars and drunks. Stick your nose out and you'll find a place to go. Or go to downtown Melbourne and work your way through. If you like beer, go to Broken Barrel in Palm Bay off Babcock. they have an extensive beer menu both bottled and on tap and the wait staff is awesome and so is the food. though it's more of a sit down place With darts and pool tables and amazing wings.
Also
[url=http://www.google.com/search?q=bars+in+melbourne&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=QiG&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=bars+in+melbourne%2C+fl& aq=f&aqi=g3g-v2&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=7268a6 3bb01902a6&biw=1421&bih=723]bars in melbourne - Google Search[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County