U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:30 AM

86 posts, read 210,746 times

Advertisements

Just moved to se Orlando and love it. I ride my motorcycle to the beach every other weekend but tired of guessing where to eat. Any good seafood, mexican, pizza, and any food outside the box type/other ethnic food places I should try in Cocoa beach/space coast area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 09:01 PM

15 posts, read 35,939 times
If you're passing through Cape Canaveral and in the mood for Cuban food try Vargas Cafe - 8010 N Atlantic Ave # 1 (321) 783-9519. Going north on A1A you would take right in front of the BP there where the highway starts to curve to the left. They're down Atlantic a half block or so in a little plaza on the right.

It's a mom & pop place and sort of hard to find but worth it. It isn't much for atmosphere - only a couple of small tables or you can eat at the counter - but their food is awesome!

Or Rubio's. Nicer interior and the food is ok

Old 05-20-2011, 03:50 AM

3,718 posts, read 6,678,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mtb View Post
Just moved to se Orlando and love it. I ride my motorcycle to the beach every other weekend but tired of guessing where to eat. Any good seafood, mexican, pizza, and any food outside the box type/other ethnic food places I should try in Cocoa beach/space coast area?
If ya ever get as far south as Indiatlantic......Big Island Burito-bring cash though they don't accept plastic

Long Doggers

dos amigos Cantinos

Bazarros Pizza( the original one right off Rt. 192 and A1A. You either love it or hate it. A few booths inside and tables out on a patio-no beach view but across the street

In Sattelite Beach jn the Publix Shopping Center there is a Chinese Buffet that used to be really good-we haven't been there in a while though

Not sure which little town it is in(think Satellite Beach) but for breakfast....Sun on the Beach is good.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:49 AM

3,168 posts, read 4,897,771 times
Island Pasta Company in Melbourne FL is still my favorite restaurant to this day! Oh and if you like sushi, try Haru, also in Melbourne.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:40 PM

334 posts, read 1,029,772 times
In Cocoa Beach, Roberto's Little Havana has some of the best Cuban food in the county. It's definitely worth a stop. I've never heard of the other ones that waterlou recommended, but now I'm going to have to go try them!
Cuban Cuisine Restaurant & Fresh Seafood. Cocoa Beach, FL

I always enjoy Coconuts also for general American-style bar food - although it's a bit overpriced, the views of the ocean are great. It's a big party spot so it can get crowded sometimes.
Coconuts On The Beach - brevard restaurant, cocoa beach restaurant, waterfront restaurant, bar brevard county, bar cocoa beach

There a GREAT little microbrewery that just opened up on A1A just north of the Minutemen Causeway. They make small batches of beer so you'll never know what they have on tap, but it's all excellent beer. They don't sell food, but they have a number of menus there of nearby places that deliver, including a restaurant next door with a good looking menu that will bring the food over for you.
Cocoa Beach Brewing Company

Port Canaveral's area known as The Cove has a few seafood restaurants. I've never been myself but I've heard good things about all of them.

That's about all I know for up in the Cocoa Beach / Cape Canaveral area. I don't get up that way too often.

In Melbourne, City Tropics is one of my favorite beachside restaurants (on 192). They have a very wide menu with everything from sushi to prime rib to pizza. They have a good wine list also.
Welcome to City Tropics

If you're looking for a good sports bar, Coasters on the corner of 518 and A1A in Melbourne is worth the drive. They have amazing wings and something like 30 beers on tap, mostly microbrews and imports (but they do have Bud Light and other American beers also).
Coasters Pub -- A1A & Eau Gallie, Melbourne FL

I'm going to have to disagree with Rabflmom on Cantina dos Amigos. It's one of the worst Mexican restaurants I've ever been to. It's great if you're looking for margaritas, but their food is terrible. I've been three or four times with people and never once had a good meal. The food tastes like the frozen Mexican food you can buy in boxes at Sam's Club. For California-style burritos though, Big Island Burrito is good, as is Robburrito in Melbourne Beach.
Big Island Burritos
Robburrito's - Melbourne Beach, FL

I wish I could help you out more for stuff in Cocoa Beach, but I just don't know much up there.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:54 AM

86 posts, read 210,746 times
Bookmarked and yelped. Thanks for every ones help.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:48 AM

110 posts, read 512,067 times
Arrow Cocoa Beach Restaurants

I am in Cocoa Beach a few times per year and have gone to many of the restaurants. When we are at the beach, we tend to like good basic food that we can take home. I am not looking for an elegant sit down experience. As far as favorites. We like the A New York Pizza House for good New York Pizza and some specialty items. I live in Chicago but grew up outside NYC. I am partial to NY pizza. Second favorite is Roberto's Little Havana. Good cuban food and a friendly staff. Our favorite place is the Green Turtle Market in Melbourne Beach. Lots of prepared foods you can take home and heat up including fresh seafood. Nice wine selection too. Jazzy's Mainly Lobster on A1A serves fresh seafood sandwiches including lobster rolls! If you have never had lobster on a hot dog roll, you are missing a great treat. They also have wonderful clam chowder. Dakine Diegos is fun for some take-out mexican. The Green Room Cafe is nice for healthier take out choices.

Yen Yen's is a good Chinese place. It's a little cut above your typical Chinese restaurant with some unique items on the menu. Finally for sit down dinners I gravitate towards the Fat Snook and the the Pompano Grill. Not great ambiance but good for fresh seafood. Avoid the tourist traps with laminated graphic menus like the plague. Jack Barders Lobster Shanty is dated with "old style Florida food" like a lot of fried fish, hush puppies, salad bar and rock shrimp but you can't beat the view on the Banana River around sunset. If you are looking for fancier more elegant dining experience, the Charthouse in Melbourne fits the bill.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,855 times
Sandbar and grill in Cocoa Beach has good food and music. They're at Shepherd Park.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:29 PM

165 posts, read 370,200 times
I HIGHLY recommend Beachside Cafe in Indialantic. Fantastic breakfast! Corner of 192/A1A.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:36 PM

3,718 posts, read 6,678,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learflyer View Post
I HIGHLY recommend Beachside Cafe in Indialantic. Fantastic breakfast! Corner of 192/A1A.

that reminds me----another good spot for breakfast anyway since I haven' eaten there for lunch or dinner yet ---is Sun on the Beach in Satellite Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County