U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 06:45 AM

22,455 posts, read 33,311,137 times

Advertisements

Since you seem driven more toward new cookie-cutter homes you might look in the areas of Melbourne east of I-95 and south of Viera Blvd.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 07:34 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,035,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian6 View Post
Update....started off focused on Viera/West of I-95. Was hoping to see a 2500+ Sq/Ft home with a pool below 300k, sadly we saw homes in the range but without a pool. Additionally, was informed by realtor that VA will not cover adding a pool to an existing home or new construction. Was told they all can escrow money for the pool when using a conventional loan, but not VA or FHA. The pool would be built after closing in this case. Did see a Bank Owned home (3500 Sq/Ft with pool) and it was exactly what we were looking for go under contract for 265k. Really makes me question the price tags of the other homes. The Viera/West of I-95 is incredibly appealing (new, schools, close to shopping, parks, I-95) but if I cant get what I want I may have to venture across the highway.
Yeah, that area west of 95 is very nice but the other side of 95 off Wickham isn't exactly bad either. You'd also be closer to a lot more shopping & the Pineda Causeway which will get you beachside.

That whole area is pretty much newish anywhere you go so really not a bad option either direction. You most certainly can find 2500+ with pools in Viera for under $300k.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:11 AM

700 posts, read 3,030,875 times
To OP...... How is your search going? Are you any closer to making a decision?

Old 08-21-2011, 09:03 PM

14 posts, read 43,239 times
Go to zillow.com and type in Indian harbour Beach, FL or Indialantic, FL. Both are an easy commute to PAF and (my personal opinion) have much better neighborhoods than Satellite Beach. My husband & I rented for a year when we first moved here b/4 buying. We were 1st in Sat. Beach. Didn't really care for the house or neighborhood. We have lived in Indialantic for over 12 years & really like it.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:04 AM

5 posts, read 15,349 times
Well, spouse should be getting into Brevard by this weekend. She's scheduled to look at homes in Viera and other local areas (Sat Beach, I. Harbor, Merritt Island). Looks like many homes are under contract, probably due to summer time. This may lead to us building instead of just buying immediately, we will see. Trying to approximate costs for new construction in Viera (Gatwick Manor/Chelford) with some builders (Burgoon Berger, Condev, Viera Builders). Also trying to estimate adding a pool. So far, $30K for a pool and screen, $10K more for a spa. Anyone have any experience with the builders, home and pool, in the area? Cant wait to hear my wife's opinion of the area.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:43 AM

5 posts, read 12,268 times
Be sure to put Port St. John and Titusville on your list to check out!! It may be a little farther for you to drive until you retire but you may enjoy the community better. And if you want a little more acreage, the Canaveral Groves area has really great buys right now. It is a buyers market due to the shut down of the shuttle project and massive layoffs at Cape Kennedy.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:17 AM

378 posts, read 754,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian6 View Post
Well, spouse should be getting into Brevard by this weekend. She's scheduled to look at homes in Viera and other local areas (Sat Beach, I. Harbor, Merritt Island). Looks like many homes are under contract, probably due to summer time. This may lead to us building instead of just buying immediately, we will see. Trying to approximate costs for new construction in Viera (Gatwick Manor/Chelford) with some builders (Burgoon Berger, Condev, Viera Builders). Also trying to estimate adding a pool. So far, $30K for a pool and screen, $10K more for a spa. Anyone have any experience with the builders, home and pool, in the area? Cant wait to hear my wife's opinion of the area.
The agents will jump all over me for this, but you may want to rent first. Learn the area to see what areas you may want or don't want. You may not like Florida at all. It's hard to judge a place based upon others opinions or a short visit. There are lots of people in Florida that want to leave desperately but can't sell or owe more on their home than it's worth. Over a 1000 people a day move out of FL on average.

Last edited by alfbroker; 09-04-2011 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-04-2011, 04:51 PM

3 posts, read 4,185 times
Don't know if you have purchased anything yet,but with the jobs leaving the space coast it seems everything is going down in value. We bought a small townhouse in Palm Bay in June and recieved a letter from the county assesor's in July that the tax assesement had dropped $15,000.00. We don't care because we will hold on to the place for our children and grand children to use,but if you may need to sell and get your money back be careful what you spend.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:35 AM

700 posts, read 3,030,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbroker View Post
The agents will jump all over me for this, but you may want to rent first. Learn the area to see what areas you may want or don't want. You may not like Florida at all. It's hard to judge a place based upon others opinions or a short visit. There are lots of people in Florida that want to leave desperately but can't sell or owe more on their home than it's worth. Over a 1000 people a day move out of FL on average.
Excellent advice! We wish we had did that here in North Carolina when we moved here from Florida eight years ago.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,440 times
If you are thinking of staying for several years, I would suggest buying in the Viera or Bayside Lakes area. If you are thinking of moving after a few years, I would strongly suggest renting. West Shore High/Junior High School is a good overall public school. Florida Air Academy is a good local private school. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County