Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 02:02 AM

119 posts, read 219,706 times

Advertisements

so i am have been looking for friends on myspace and well this one dude who is a tattoo artist who lives on eau gallie had the nerve to call me a f#g, he is in his early 30s, likes to party, and sleep with trashy girls. i said i'm not a partier but could learn and thats where he threw the slur at me. the guy lives on eau gallie and they say thats a trashy road. anyways it makes me wonder about melbourne if the majority of young adults act this way towards people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 02:41 PM

264 posts, read 774,644 times
i wouldn't say its all that bad, but if you are looking for friends or advice you aren't going to find it here (or on myspace)

i would recommend joining a gym as this is a great way to meet people or you could also spend some time at a barnes and noble and meet someone there.

hell...i just recently moved to south florida and i ordered some food from a local restaurant and the carry-out girl gave me her phone number

just strike up conversation, let people know you are new to the area and ask what there is to do.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:44 PM

264 posts, read 774,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by william29 View Post
he is in his early 30s, likes to party, and sleep with trashy girls.
but yes, this is quite prevalent in melbourne IMO. just dont get caught up in the habit

Old 07-27-2011, 12:37 AM

115 posts, read 319,389 times
Yes, there are definitely some good, caring, friendly, quality people who live here. Unfortunately, like everywhere else, your going to find some rude, disrespectful, inconsiderate, and ignorant individuals as well.

This is the way I see things, it's about morals and self-respect - 2 things that this tattoo artist obviously doesn't have. There are young adults in this area that would never treat you like that, who would gladly welcome you to the very least a friendly conversation. Try not to be too upset about it. He was a jerk who doesn't care who's feelings he hurts. There will always be those people everywhere who don't care about anything (be it other people, or themselves, their lives, no ambition..etc).

Your going to find a mixed bag here, anything from lazy to workaholic individuals; from super nice to super mean; and from self-respecting to absolute trashy. Just be careful who you associate yourselves with. I promise, if you look hard enough, you'll find some really great/honest/sweet people here in Melbourne!

Old 08-14-2011, 05:41 PM

13 posts, read 24,950 times
There's some awesome people in Melbourne, I went to school there for almost 4 years at FIT, no one was rude to me during that time, I had some great friends but I wasn't best friends with everyone, not everyone fits your personality style.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:22 PM

19 posts, read 51,573 times
When I lived in Melbourne (also to attend FIT) I found the university and city as a whole not very friendly. The nicest, most approachable people I ever found were at the rock climbing gym there.

One thing's for sure, there are lots of trashy people who will be more than happy to call you some name. I wouldn't worry too much about it. But the people around here would definitely assume that you are gay if you approached them on the internet looking for friends, even if that's the furthest thing from the truth.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:55 AM

16 posts, read 54,139 times
They are so nice people and very helping tendancy people if u move in right manner to them.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:33 PM

121 posts, read 176,867 times
A good way to meet people in the area that are also looking for new friends and are interested in the same things you are is on meetup.com ... Great website and I have met a lot of my friends there. Also, it is free!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
View detailed profiles of: