U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 AM

489 posts, read 731,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoty View Post
There are definite climate differences inland in Florida compared to the coast. The changes are really only apparent when comparing Orlando to Melbourne. Orlando is almost always a few degrees hotter in the summer and colder in the winter. Plus they don't have the breezes we have in Melbourne. West Melbourne vs. Indialantic? The differences are subtle. You'll only really notice it on cold winter nights when it gets much colder even slightly inland. That's why Indialantic has numerous healthy coconut palms and Melbourne, Palm Bay, West Melbourne, etc. don't. For heat, there is absolutely no climate difference.
Have to strongly agree here with this comment above. As per temperature differences & different humidity levels between the beach area and W. Melbourne, well, it is really a moot subject. There really is no change, though it does vary a slight bit The real big difference between the beach area & the flood plain area is the bugs (mosquitoes to be direct), but as per weather & humidity, it is just plain moot.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 09:44 AM

378 posts, read 754,780 times
If you have a concern about humidity BEFORE you even move to FL, you have a very high chance of it driving you out of the state. Humidity can be an issue for 7-9 months some years. A major reason people leave.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:57 PM

489 posts, read 731,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbroker View Post
If you have a concern about humidity BEFORE you even move to FL, you have a very high chance of it driving you out of the state. Humidity can be an issue for 7-9 months some years. A major reason people leave.
Absolute truth posted here. I am a 5th generation Floridian and I still dislike the humidity here in central FL alone. South FL is worse than here, but all in all, it is like steam cooker hear at least 3 - 4 months of the year and warm the rest of the year. Winter here is pretty much moot. You are lucky to get at least a month of solid cold weather (30 degrees average). A super cool down for us...LOL!

Old 11-05-2011, 09:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,002 times
I have lived in Palm Bay and Merritt Island. It seems to rain more and be windier, than Palm Bay. As far as the humidity and heat, well, its everywhere.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:41 PM

587 posts, read 972,547 times
I don't much like high humidity (I lived in the desert in the South West for some years) but I can tolerate high temperatures quite happily.

We have air conditioning (I expect most people do ) but we also have a de-humidifier and during the day (when it's warm and humid) I use that first (relying on AC only when it gets too hot [for my wife.])

I haven't done a full summer here yet (nor do I intend to do so) but I did live in Mississippi for 18 months. 90 degrees and 90% humidity is mean!

'Sea breeze effect' (If you live near the coast) will help, but in summer, it's going to be hot and sticky wherever you are.

As Jdoty said: "The changes are really only apparent when comparing Orlando to Melbourne."

If there was a large temperature gradient over a few miles (and there is not) there would be hellacious winds! It doesn't happen.

The sea breeze effect air is not going to be significantly more humid than that 10 miles inland ... you'd need to go a bit further inland to see a real difference (and the humidity inland would probably be higher ... the ocean temperature is usually lower than the land temperature.

The climate in Florida is sub-tropical maritime. Slightly (but not a great deal) cooler near the coast and slightly (but not a great deal) warmer on the West coast than on the Atlantic coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County