U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 12:12 PM

30 posts, read 175,553 times

Advertisements

I haven't really had any success with previous posts so I thought maybe a more interesting title will spark some interest to my post.

Anyhow, our family is possibly moving from Toronto to Brevard County. Would love to know your thoughts on the county and where/or where not to live. We would be able to afford a home between 300-350. As well, if anyone has heard of any stellar private elementary schools that would be great.

thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 03:24 PM

250 posts, read 1,398,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepannarales View Post
I haven't really had any success with previous posts so I thought maybe a more interesting title will spark some interest to my post.

Anyhow, our family is possibly moving from Toronto to Brevard County. Would love to know your thoughts on the county and where/or where not to live. We would be able to afford a home between 300-350. As well, if anyone has heard of any stellar private elementary schools that would be great.

thanks
why brevard county/ are you interested in a particular area?

Old 08-10-2007, 07:02 PM

30 posts, read 175,553 times
Default my husband's company located there

my husband's employer is expanding into that area.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:28 PM

250 posts, read 1,398,848 times
Dont really know much about brevard County as i am in Indian River county...but I believe Melbourne and Palm Bay are nice areas if you want to research those areas.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:16 PM

38 posts, read 92,684 times
We actually live in South FL but are seriously considering a move to Brevard because it is just getting to crazy down here. We've been to the Melbourne area a few times in the past few months and really like the Viera area. The west area is an "up and coming" master planned community just west of I-95 and Melbourne. It was actually a cattle ranch at one time.

I don't know too much about the private schools in the area but hear that the Viera schools are very good. But, I'm sure they put their emphasis on the FCATs just like any other FL school.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:35 AM

18 posts, read 87,958 times
Hi jwfla422,
can you tell me more about that Melbourne west area "up and coming?
Do you have those subdivisions names, I could run a search on them?

I want to move to Melbourne area too, but in a few years from now, so it can be vacant land too.

Thanks,
Hyp!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:36 PM

4 posts, read 21,122 times
Default Desperately needs to relocate

I am a teacher in MIami and can't afford my home here due to property taxes, high costs of living, and terrible teacher salaries.

I might be considering selling it as well as a condo I have and was told that homes were available in Brevard, Palm Bay for as low as 170,000. I was also told that teacher salaries were comparable to those in Miami. If I sell my properties here, (at a loss -due to the market), I still will be able to afford to keep a home if they truly cost 170,000. I am concerned that the neighborhoods should be safe, quiet and stable.

I am willing to recolate just about anywhere as long as it is safe and affordable. Suggestions are welcomed. I do have some avoidance to snow however.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:19 AM

12,869 posts, read 13,613,212 times
i live in indian river county and the viera area is very nice. there is a lot to do there. i personally would stay away from palm bay in brevard.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:13 PM

1,770 posts, read 7,676,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i live in indian river county and the viera area is very nice. there is a lot to do there. i personally would stay away from palm bay in brevard.
I heard Palm Bay was nice...

Old 08-27-2007, 02:39 PM

66 posts, read 284,596 times
Beachside is the way to go if you want to live in brevard county. The best schools are by the beach. Gemini elementary is one of the best in the state. Satelite High is also good.
Melbourne Beach is the absolute nicest place to live. You'll be able to afford a nice home with a nice size lot there.
Heading north from Melbourne Beach along A1A is Indiatlantic(I didn't spell that right), Indian Harbour Beach, Satellite Beach, and then Cocoa Beach.
All the towns are nice, but homes in Satellite Beach that are near Patrick Air Force base are not in good shape.
The south part of Satelite Beach has good houses, as well as the houses along the Banana river.
If you happened to come down to visit, then drive along River Drive. It goes along the river and has very nice homes along there.

As for private schools, the catholic school near FIT in Melbourne is considered really good. I don't know what it is called. The good thing about the private schools is the students are not required to take those stupid FCAT tests. The FCAT tests are taken by public school kids starting in the third grade. If they are not passed, then the kids are kept behind regardless of their grades throughout the year. It is a nightmare!

If your looking to stay away from the ocean to live, then I would suggest Suntree. Viera is a fairly new area of cookie cutter houses...not much greenery.
I would also suggest Melbourne Village. Its actually a small town inside Melbourne. They have there own police force and so on. If you want more or less an acre with lots of beautiful trees then this is the ideal place.

As for Palm Bay...it has a bad reputation. Too many people there in my opinion and any crime that happens is usually from there.

Good luck on your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or