U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-22-2011, 02:07 PM
 
60 posts, read 161,073 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Thinking of relocating and found a house in indialantic w/o a pool what can I expect to pay??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2011, 05:37 AM
 
1,490 posts, read 1,035,789 times
Reputation: 666
Nevermind...misread the title
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2011, 05:26 AM
 
3,718 posts, read 6,677,093 times
Reputation: 3433
Quote:
Originally Posted by baja1313 View Post
Thinking of relocating and found a house in indialantic w/o a pool what can I expect to pay??

Don't live beachside, but your best bet is to just call an agent and get a free quote for the address of the home you are cionsidering.

On the mainland in Palm Bay on a 1500 square foot house without a pool we pay about $1500 a year.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 04:28 PM
 
66 posts, read 284,439 times
Reputation: 108
Of course you need to live beachside!!!!! Why do people move to Florida and live inland?! You can do that ANYWHERE in the USA. We have had houses both "inland" and we still have one at beachside in brevard county. Beachside is way better and insurance for your home is not completely outrageous.
Our beachside home is 1400 sq ft. The insurance for it with wind converage is about $1300 to $1500 a year. Its through a company called Universal Insurance. Without wind converage, it came down to around $500 a year. We got our insurance quote through a very good insurance place over on Lake Washington in Melbourne. Here is their info if you want to get a qoute ...
Advanced Insurance 2850 Lake Washington Road, Suite 1, Melbourne, FL 32935 (321) 255-1077

Here is their link Advanced-Insurance.Net: Home

I hope that helps you out!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2011, 06:34 AM
 
22,452 posts, read 33,300,379 times
Reputation: 21954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckerd View Post
Of course you need to live beachside!!!!! Why do people move to Florida and live inland?! You can do that ANYWHERE in the USA. We have had houses both "inland" and we still have one at beachside in brevard county. Beachside is way better and insurance for your home is not completely outrageous.
Our beachside home is 1400 sq ft. The insurance for it with wind converage is about $1300 to $1500 a year. Its through a company called Universal Insurance. Without wind converage, it came down to around $500 a year. We got our insurance quote through a very good insurance place over on Lake Washington in Melbourne. Here is their info if you want to get a qoute ...
Advanced Insurance 2850 Lake Washington Road, Suite 1, Melbourne, FL 32935 (321) 255-1077

Here is their link Advanced-Insurance.Net: Home

I hope that helps you out!
Not only for the reasons you point out but also for resale value, as well as for the excellent schools. Indialantic/Melbourne Beach have the best schools in the area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2011, 11:47 AM
 
Location: New Mexico
140 posts, read 354,989 times
Reputation: 55
I have recently recieved insurance quotes down in Ft Lauderdale and was shocked to find out besides closeness to water/possible floooding a huge factor is the AGE of the house. It seems you will pay dearly for anything build before 1980. I'm talking over 2 times as much.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2011, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Florida/Oberbayern
587 posts, read 972,439 times
Reputation: 436
It certainly pays to shop around.

The first quote I received (from a company I've dealt with for many years) was about $4500.

I got (almost) identical coverage from United Insurance for about $1500.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 AM
 
22,452 posts, read 33,300,379 times
Reputation: 21954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck12020123 View Post
I have recently recieved insurance quotes down in Ft Lauderdale and was shocked to find out besides closeness to water/possible floooding a huge factor is the AGE of the house. It seems you will pay dearly for anything build before 1980. I'm talking over 2 times as much.
It's not that shocking given the fact the insurance industry and home builders are in bed with one another and have been for years. There isn't a lobbying group for resale/existing homes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:07 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top