U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 04:54 AM

694 posts, read 742,080 times

Advertisements

Where there is smoke there is fire, if one sees the signs of an illegal tax collection (writings thousands, nah, tens of thousands of senseless tickets to moms running to school or dads running home) then corruption (the fire) is surely there. I am sure some disagree, they want a police state where crime is ignored in favor of writing tickets in neighborhoods of honest people. Unfortunately serious crime is way more important, and collecting a tax without having proper process of taxpayer represented voting about it is what an authoritarian state such as the old communists or the many dictators of the world do. I certainly do NOT want that for Brevard, and I suspect if most think about it they would not either. I did write already to some addresses I could find, I encourage others to do so as well.

Here is some addtional tax savings: Stop buying the most expensive police cruisers loaded with high tech equipment to patrol mom and pop neighborhoods. I saw crime occuring in my ten year old car in open places. I did not need any lasers or a vehicle that looks like it cost tons by itself, plus all the tech inside these cars they have. I also stopped by a courthouse in Viera that looked like it was built for a Saudi prince. Wow, does the government need such buildings to collect fees?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 10:41 AM

207 posts, read 687,627 times
Wow what happened to the Melbourne of long ago? When I first lived there they didnt even have a mall and the only company in town was Harris. It was a sleepy beach community with low crime...

Old 09-21-2011, 05:11 AM

19,534 posts, read 23,211,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatehumidity View Post
I can understand your frustrations..but, Take something into your own hand..go talk to the Sheriff or Chief of the Town..voice your frustrations your suggestions,ideas..
And talk to your local businesses as well, to have them put pressure on the Sheriff. As a result of all this over-vigilance, any number of people are afraid to leave their homes, fearful they'll get another ticket on their way to a restaurant, bar or movie in town.

That's what happened after my last ticket. Before I venture out to a 10 mile drive to a restaurant, I remind myself that this dinner could end up costing me hundreds of dollars, or I drive to a cinema, and that movie could end up costing me a couple hundred. And those drinks in a bar, could end up costing you $2000!

If someone at a restaurant or bar, you frequently patronize, wonders why you don't come more often, tell them why and what they can do to remedy the situation. Call the Sheriff!!!

Old 09-21-2011, 03:12 PM

104 posts, read 221,276 times
Also complain to the County DA and the State DA. If they get enough complaints they will (or should) check into it and see if to many tickes are being issued.

I included the State DA becasue the County DA might not care or be turning a blind eye to it.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,483 times
Default Judges and lawyers in collusion in Brevard County

June 7,2013, alarming facts were discovered about what appears to be why local Brevard County attorneys allowed to fabricate evidence and perjure in local courts without regard to the law. Local officials appear to be avoiding the questions as they were contacted one by one.

[url=http://www.theobjectivereview.com/2013/06/brevard-county-judge-roberts-culmer-and-davidson-p-a-kangaroo-court-gone-wild/]Kangaroo Court Continues in Brevard - The Objective Review[/url]

It appears some Brevard County officials are skilled at concealing information to shelter their questionable actions. Attorney Scarlett Davidson filed a frivolous suite on behalf of Yvonne Howard to conceal a kidnapping as defined by Florida Statutes chapter 787. The fact was found by Honorable Judge Charles Crawford, a fact that has been ignored by the local law enforcement.

“I’ve already found it as fact she was hiding the child and preventing visitation without any court order” Judge Charles Crawford said.

Major Andrew Walters, who reportedly stated he was busy with more important things and claimed it was a civil matter despite the overwhelming evidence, during our inquiry stated the victim should call an attorney and seek civil remedies. It is a sad day for justice when a law enforcement officer calls crimes a civil issue and in light of the corruption prevalent in the local court steers you to corrupt civil judges and attorneys rather than the law enforcement officers who swore to protect the constitution and the local citizens.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,257 times
Have you met the Melbourne motorcycle officer yet? If not you are in for a treat. Not personally myself but through observation. How about a state that makes a seatbelt mandatory but not a motorcycle helmet.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:44 PM

232 posts, read 327,588 times
We have lived on Merritt Island for 2 months now, on one of the main southern thoroughfares. I have not yet had a run-in with local law enforcement, though I do wish they would patrol our street a little more often. People drive like madmen up and down the street at well over the posted limit. It makes just pulling out of the driveway downright dangerous.

On another note, I did run afoul of one of the traffic cameras in Cocoa Beach. Got the notice in the mail and checked out the on-line video. I was guilty... no doubt about it. It was definitely cheaper to pay that citation (and avoid traffic points) than it would have been to go to court and fight it. The video didn't lie.

When you go fishing, do you catch all the fish? Cops don't either. Police don't prevent crime (much), but they are there to clean up the mess. Not a job I'd want.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:08 PM

12,022 posts, read 12,028,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clnewman View Post
We have lived on Merritt Island for 2 months now, on one of the main southern thoroughfares. I have not yet had a run-in with local law enforcement, though I do wish they would patrol our street a little more often. People drive like madmen up and down the street at well over the posted limit. It makes just pulling out of the driveway downright dangerous.
Tropical trail?

Quote:
On another note, I did run afoul of one of the traffic cameras in Cocoa Beach. Got the notice in the mail and checked out the on-line video. I was guilty... no doubt about it. It was definitely cheaper to pay that citation (and avoid traffic points) than it would have been to go to court and fight it. The video didn't lie.

When you go fishing, do you catch all the fish? Cops don't either. Police don't prevent crime (much), but they are there to clean up the mess. Not a job I'd want.
Yup. Usually you will see a sign when you approach those intersections saying "photo enforced" They will get you for either running the red light or making a right turn on red without stopping.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:21 PM

3,716 posts, read 6,673,643 times
Cocoa Beach and Palm Bay have both stopped using the cameras. Be careful out there. When your light turns green wait and look .....don't pull out into the intersection because 2 or 3 cars will speed up on yellow and roar through the light at 60 to try to make it-meaning lots of red light running.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 AM

4,879 posts, read 3,879,860 times
The cameras are still running in Cocoa Beach. Hopefully they'll pull them when the contract expires next year. Cocoa Beach red-light cameras will remain in place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County