U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 09:13 AM

49 posts, read 55,626 times

Advertisements

Don't know if you have the answer to your question but Fl pays in sunshine... you don't need money there. If she is offered more than 25/hr you can be pretty sure they are desperate... worked many jobs there in Brevard and around the State as a travel nurse and it's pitiful...good luck to her..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 09:46 AM

8 posts, read 10,246 times
Hi, I know this thread is a few months old, but I am also an RN looking to relocate to the area so I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone has any updated info. I also have experience, and am curious about Holmes, Cape Canaveral, Wuesthoff. Anyone work here or know anyone who does and have their pay info?

Any info on wages is appreciated, thanks so much folks!!

Old 02-22-2013, 03:01 PM

8,963 posts, read 7,621,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelee View Post
Don't know if you have the answer to your question but Fl pays in sunshine... you don't need money there. If she is offered more than 25/hr you can be pretty sure they are desperate... worked many jobs there in Brevard and around the State as a travel nurse and it's pitiful...good luck to her..
$25 an hr is pitiful? I also think $25 an hr is low especially for a travel nurse, which my wife was quoted high $30s an hr for a travel RN, and almost $30 an hr as a regular employee with a hospital - this is Orlando though, not Brevard County.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:41 PM

As an RN who makes 25 an hour roughly now in rural NY, I can tell you, it's not a lot. I don't have children and have a partner who makes less than me in a not-so-great job and we live in a very modest, old house and have 1 car. We make ends meet and I have some money left over for spending, but I really think it would be a lot harder if we were older and had a mortgage and kids and schools to pay for...anyway, that's my tangent,

As always, any info on how much these area hospitals pay, even the most remote, anecdotal of evidence, is greatly appreciated by all us RNs who dream of sunshine, surf, and warmth! Happy Wednesday

Old 04-19-2013, 03:24 PM

Default I have an answer

So I thought I'd reply with some info and hopefully all others who look at this thread can benefit from this info. I just got off the phone with a telephone interview with a nurse recruiter at Healthfirst, the system that comprises Holmes, Cape Canaveral, Viera, Palm Bay, etc. It is indeed true, and I'm kind of dissapointed to the point where we'll have to really reconsider this relocation.

I was quoted 20.50/hr day base pay as an RN with a year of experience. Night differential is 5.00, and ACLS pay for critical care (step down or ICU) units is an additional 0.75. So working nights you'd average 26 an hour from 11p-7a, provided again you were always a night shifter. Again this is just for Healthfirst.

Pretty low! Kind of disappointing.

I hope this info helps some other people.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:59 AM

8,963 posts, read 7,621,399 times
That does seem low for FL. My wife just got an offer of $27/hr base pay. She has more experience though, and this is in Orlando.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:58 AM

6 posts, read 7,896 times
Wow that stinks, how do they expect to get RN's with experience? I knew if I moved down there I would take a hit but wasn't expecting that much. Up here at Mayo they start new grads at 30.00 plus 1.00 for BSN. You also get another 3.00 a hour for nights. Too bad we cant move the beach and sunshine up here!

Old 04-30-2013, 12:51 PM

12,017 posts, read 12,760,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLDMN View Post
Wow that stinks, how do they expect to get RN's with experience? I knew if I moved down there I would take a hit but wasn't expecting that much. Up here at Mayo they start new grads at 30.00 plus 1.00 for BSN. You also get another 3.00 a hour for nights. Too bad we cant move the beach and sunshine up here!
It's all about supply/demand. Location plays a big part in that. North Dakota has some of the lowest unemployment and best entry-level salaries for anything in the country. But at the end of the day, you're living in North Dakota.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 AM

18 posts, read 109,581 times
Don't forget though, that Florida does NOT have a state income tax, so you will be bringing home the money you used to give to the state you live in now. If you average that out, it adds some to the base rate, if you look at it that way

Old 05-06-2013, 08:51 PM

49 posts, read 55,626 times
Part of it is due to the fact that there are many people that retire to Fl and work part time or PRN... they don't need you or they would pay better.

It has always been that way in FL..curious, does Holmes still have that sign up that says, "We Care"... used to make me want to barf....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County