Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 08:56 AM

198 posts, read 464,045 times

Advertisements

So if I see a bank approved price I could offer lower? (That is what I am assuming from your post about the home you bought in 2010). Also, it does not surprise me that your home is still on the .com sites, they are really lazy so I am sticking with the BrevardMLS site as it looks up to date and should be more trustworthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 06:48 PM

186 posts, read 470,648 times
Depending on the area, some MLS feeds that go to Realtor.com and others are not instant. It can take days to upload. The same holds true if the listing goes into contract and should no longer be actively marketed, the feed can take days to reach some of the sites, thereby not being pulled off in a timely fashion. I am a licensed Realtor in another state. Our feed was fabulous. Our new listings would show up on Realtor.com within hours. Some of these sites have agreements with associations. It is best to rely on the local MLS in FL for current status updates, and your Realtor. It has been in the news alot lately that several Real Estate agencies in the country are no longer giving permission to some of the major listing sites, because the outdated information supplied on them. So it also maddens the professionals, not just the consumer. I have had listings that I can not get off of a certain MAJOR site at all. The site does not allow me to update the status, and it will not take a request.

In regards to those publications that you get in supermarkets or vending style machines, the ads have to be placed weeks before the magazine gets published. It takes time to design and produce the publications. By the time the consumer gets them and flips through them, the house could very well be gone. So I don't view it as a bait and switch at all. Its timing. The magazines just take longer to download the information, be produced, distributed and viewed.

Make sure the Realtor you are using is a buyers agent. Florida is considered a "transactional state." Buyer beware. Alhtough the state I live in now is also a transactional state, I did all of my own checking. I did not rely on anyones word. I am not sure how it is now, but the last I heard, Florida's home inspectors do not have to be licensed. If this is still the case, make sure the home inspector you hire, is certified. Make sure they check for mold and wall board issues amoungst the standard stuff.

Good luck in your quest.......

Old 03-02-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karinvt View Post
The realtor I have been talking to told me that some site like Realtor only update every three days and houses in the area often are gone the same day they are listed. He sent me to a site called listing book and everyday I get a list of the current houses. He also told me that the sites updates every fifteen minutes. We are not putting our house in PA on the market for another few months and hoping it sells over the summer. We are in a unique situation and because of the gas industry here housing prices have skyrocketed and no one is selling. So we are keeping our fingers crossed that we can sell fast. The advice the realtor gave us was once we are ready to fly down for a few days to out a offering in or just moved down and look while down here. We have thought about these options a lot. I think we are really leaning towards moving down and then looking. There are so many options while we are looking especially if we move during the summer when the kids are not in school. I do not want to rent but have seen campgrounds and hotels with weekly rates.

My suggestion is to ask your realtors about this listingbook site cause they have to set you up with it in order to access it. Good luck to you all. Allison where are you from in VT, I am from Rutland orignally.
You are correct about Listingbook. It is very current, but sadly, not all areas have access to it. It runs off of some MLS's. Where I worked before, it was a great tool for buyers!

Old 03-03-2012, 08:06 AM

378 posts, read 829,537 times
Realtor.com is the only place other than local MLS sites, that have all the homes that are AVAILABLE listed with a Realtor. After a a home goes under agreement of sale, the Realtor must report that to his local MLS which then changes it on Realtor.com. There can be a few days between the time an offer is accepted and it is reported to MLS by the listing agent.

Other sites that are not bound by MLS rules are a waste of time in a fast moving market. I've had buyers call me about homes they saw on other sites that had been sold and settled 6 months prior and still show "available". Call lots of agents, find one you feel you can trust. Have them look for what you want and send them mls#'s from Realtor.com to pull up.

The other sites can be useful for by owner homes, that your agent can help you with also or you can go solo.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:14 AM

96 posts, read 205,819 times
A big part of the problem is unethical realtors. We wanted to put an offer on a house in Suntree. Our offer was NOT a lowball offer at all and the sellers realtor wouldn't accept the offer because she thought it was too low. That's right the seller's REALTOR wouldn't take the offer, not the seller. She probably didn't even tell the seller that we had made an offer.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:27 PM

732 posts, read 968,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommster View Post
A big part of the problem is unethical realtors. We wanted to put an offer on a house in Suntree. Our offer was NOT a lowball offer at all and the sellers realtor wouldn't accept the offer because she thought it was too low. That's right the seller's REALTOR wouldn't take the offer, not the seller. She probably didn't even tell the seller that we had made an offer.
Unfortunately I think this kind of thing happens a great deal. Somehow the RE system has divorced itself as a true market of buyers and sellers. One can only determine true market value when everything is conducted to make an honest market, and what happened before during the big runup, and still happens each day, is there are people who separate the system from being a true honest marketplace. I guess they feel they can get an unfair gain, or anticipated gain, or hidden gain such as some sort of interest nearby, or reason of anykind. Until RE becomes a complete honest open marketplace the fair value especially in FL will be hard to determine in many areas to some extent.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
You should have demanded to be present with the sellers as the offer is presented to them. Or asked the sellers agent if she/he had it in writing that the sellers gave persmission to not present certain offers. If they did, you may have a right to see that form. If you feel you were not treated fairly, you should have contacted the local board to 1)find out what your rights are there when placing an offer 2) file a complaint against the offending agent.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:24 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,594 times
Sometimes, the seller instructs the agent not to even bother them with an offer below a certain amount. I've run into this several times. No conspiracy there.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:37 PM

96 posts, read 205,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluidblonde View Post
You should have demanded to be present with the sellers as the offer is presented to them. Or asked the sellers agent if she/he had it in writing that the sellers gave persmission to not present certain offers. If they did, you may have a right to see that form. If you feel you were not treated fairly, you should have contacted the local board to 1)find out what your rights are there when placing an offer 2) file a complaint against the offending agent.
Thanks. I wouldn't have known what to do other than to talk with a lawyer. This is good info for us. Maybe she had permission to not accept an offer under a certain amount. It's a short sale so I'm not sure if that is the case, but this gives us something to go from.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:23 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,594 times
Quote:
Thanks. I wouldn't have known what to do other than to talk with a lawyer. This is good info for us. Maybe she had permission to not accept an offer under a certain amount. It's a short sale so I'm not sure if that is the case, but this gives us something to go from.
Short sales on desirable homes usually wind up higher than the listing price. An offer even for the asking price might be considered low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County