Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM

216 posts, read 913,359 times

Advertisements

WOW!!!! Excellent list!!! Isn't the Mansion great??? We love it there. Love Sebastian Inlet as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 06:35 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
April13-April15

1. 2 more nights of Dunedin Blue Jays playing the Marlins- tickets $7

2. Chef Robert from the Food Channel at the King Center
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...1&nclick_check

3. There's a free play at Cocoa Beach High(suggested donations) "a Very Potter Musical". 7PM tonight and Saturday

4. Brevard is having "Dinosaurs Alive" through May. 10-5 PM requires regular admission +$5.

This one is free and sounds like fun.....
5. East Central Florida Pioneer Festival and Rodeo - Wickham Park Equestrian Center,--rodeo at 7PM tonight and Saturday night but open from 11-11.
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...|Entertainment

6. Brevard Symphony- 8 PM saturday at the King Center

7. The Rock Out the Violence Music Festival,
benefit Serene Harbor Domestic Violence Center, is from noon to 8 p.m. Saturday at Wickham Park Pavilion at Brevard Community College.

theres a car show, food, beer, raffles, a kids zone, petting zoo and more. There will be pony rides from 1 to 4 p.m. and music by Chuck Van Riper, Vintage, Billy Chapman, N-Decision, Luna Pearl, Air Tyte, Lee Daniels and the Bone Dogs. A Brevard County Sheriff’s Office K-9 demo will be at 3 p.m

8. Veterans Parade and Concert---Downtown Melbourne-2 stages- Los Lonely Boys, Lone Wolf, Josh Miller, Groove Stain, the Resolvers and Sound Express- music starts at 6PM

9. Kickboxing -Saturday night at LevelZ nightclub
levelznightclub.com.

10. Flower Show still on at EPCOT

11. Florida Film Festival in Orlando---even though it is a drive to get there--after the red carpet a film about a local non profit will premier....stars Chad Michael Murray(One Tree Hill)

12. In Harmony......Dark Sky Festival is Saturday.....
Dark Sky Festival at Harmony, Florida

13. The Lion King is at the Carr starting April 17.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:22 PM

334 posts, read 1,151,439 times
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see mention of the Friday Fests at downtown Melbourne. The second Friday of every month they close New Haven and craft, food, and drink vendors set up booths, there are multiple live bands, and most of the shops stay open. It's from 6 - 10PM and is usually a pretty good party.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:55 PM

5 posts, read 12,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgirl1616 View Post
I am definitely bringing my car, that is not an issue thankfully. I see what you are saying about the whole space coast being like one big town in a way, but from what I have been reading it seems that there are some areas that are not as nice and others that are really geared towards families.

I am 32 and single, so my priority would be to live near other people like myself and ideally within walking distance or otherwise reasonably close to nightlife and the beach. Renting a beach accessible apartment would be ideal.

I'm a nurse so if I wound up there I would be working at one of the area hospitals, but not sure where yet since its a bit too early for me to apply being that I can't move for several months.
Hey NYC girl. I would have to agree with RAB. When I first moved to this area, I lived on Cocoa Beach for a month and had my twenty something niece stay with us. The nightlife scene was pretty quiet there. We both agreed that downtown Melbourne had a lot more going on. If you're looking for beach, consider a little bit further south as Cocoa Beach is a bit of a distance from Melbourne. I don't know much about Melbourne Beach but it may be more of what you're looking for.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singinginthesunshine View Post
Hey NYC girl. I would have to agree with RAB. When I first moved to this area, I lived on Cocoa Beach for a month and had my twenty something niece stay with us. The nightlife scene was pretty quiet there. We both agreed that downtown Melbourne had a lot more going on. If you're looking for beach, consider a little bit further south as Cocoa Beach is a bit of a distance from Melbourne. I don't know much about Melbourne Beach but it may be more of what you're looking for.

Melbourne beach is walkable, but not really a lot there except the beach, 1 little shopping center., and a community park......... mostly families and older couples there. Kind of expensive town to live in.....

Everything here seems to be spread out and you drive from town to town to do different things. Its not really an area where you can walk to everything and personally I would not want to depend on the bus system to get me places either. Wherever you live on the beach-Indiatlantic,Canova, Indian Harbour, Satellite , you might be able to walk to a restaurant or maybe even a bar or Walmart, but you will need transportation to do most things in the area.

The thing about Cocoa Beach....the bars like Coconuts, Beach Shack etc are full of tourists so not going to meet a lot of locals and make lasting friends etc....it is very transient....

Old 04-16-2012, 06:37 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,217,972 times
"The thing about Cocoa Beach....the bars like Coconuts, Beach Shack etc are full of tourists so not going to meet a lot of locals and make lasting friends etc....it is very transient...."

Wow! As a longtime Cocoa Beach local I can't believe that I just heard that the Beach Shack is full of tourists. If someone asked me where to go to get away from the tourists, Beach Shack would be at the top of the list. Coconuts may get their share of tourists but there are always plenty of locals there. Weekdays it's primarily locals. In fact, I'm having lunch with friends there today. Now, the Pier, that's a whole different ballgame.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
"The thing about Cocoa Beach....the bars like Coconuts, Beach Shack etc are full of tourists so not going to meet a lot of locals and make lasting friends etc....it is very transient...."

Wow! As a longtime Cocoa Beach local I can't believe that I just heard that the Beach Shack is full of tourists. If someone asked me where to go to get away from the tourists, Beach Shack would be at the top of the list. Coconuts may get their share of tourists but there are always plenty of locals there. Weekdays it's primarily locals. In fact, I'm having lunch with friends there today. Now, the Pier, that's a whole different ballgame.
I guess I just assumed since that is where my younger family from the North hang out when they come down and all the people they meet while here are from somewhere else it is touristy. So I stand corrected.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:33 AM

Here's one I just saw on TV.....Space Coast Sea Food Festival in Viera. Looks like fun for the whole family. April 19-April 29 at Space Coast Stadium. Free unlimited rides and shows with paid admission of only $10 or $12.

spacecoastseafoodfestival.com

Old 04-30-2012, 02:41 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Took a trip out to the Melbourne Arts Festival. Wow! What a turn out. Had to be thousands there during the day. Great draft beer selection (Stella, Ichiban, Landshark, etc.) and well-priced at $4/draft. Good art and food selection. Great live music.

Hundreds attend Melbourne Art Festival

Old 04-30-2012, 07:29 PM

96 posts, read 205,914 times
The art festival was great! I am hoping there are more street festivals like that in the area. Pumpkin patches, apple picking, and the festivals are the things that I miss the most from home. I was very happily surprised by the art festival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County