Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 09:54 PM

83 posts, read 175,903 times

Advertisements

I think it's great! After living in Port St. Lucie and Lake City for years I love the south side of Titusville!
Close to the water, plenty of shopping centers, freeway close, fantastic fishing, plenty of pubs, good food. I'm retired and can enjoy the old Florida atmosphere here without all the rush and crush of development, tourists, etc. A south Florida feel without all the problems, and great prices in real estate. People bemoan the lack of jobs, NASA layoffs, etc., but this a great place and people are moving here, just a different demographic. I've lived in many different area's over the years, I think I'll stay awhile, I like it here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 11:34 PM

104 posts, read 240,469 times
Glad to hear things are going well and you are enjoying your new home.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:57 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
There are some great areas in Titusville, but hopefully in a year or 2 one aspect will change . You stated you like the no rush and tourists, but we will have major launches that will draw the huge crowds to the area again . There is nothing like a 1/4-1/2 million people coming to the area for a manned launch.

Have you eaten at El Leoncito, yet? We love that place. Hit the National Seashore? Walked around Space View Park ? Ever time we go to the park we see so many dolphins and manatees in the river so it is just cool in 2 more ways.

Hope you are as happy here on the Space Coast as we have been. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:38 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,099,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallbloc View Post
but this a great place and people are moving here, just a different demographic.
What demographic is that? I still see a dying town.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:43 PM

Haven't gotten out to much, busy with the house, painting, unpacking, bike riding in the neighborhood, after things get settled I'll be in tourist mode, gotta get out to the ocean, get a fishing license, etc. Lots to do!

Old 07-23-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
What demographic is that? I still see a dying town.
Talk to a local realtor, they'll tell you whats going on.
This is Florida, on the coast, it's anything but dying, just retooling after the layoffs.
I was just at DMV getting my new drivers license, I wasn't the only new guy in the room, people are moving here, taking advantage of the real estate market.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:08 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,099,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallbloc View Post
I was just at DMV getting my new drivers license, I wasn't the only new guy in the room, people are moving here, taking advantage of the real estate market.
No guarantee the others in the DMV moved to Titusville. I know quite a few locals who agree with my view. Since you've admitted that you haven't gotten out much yet, I'm trying to determine where you're getting your info, or if you're just "cheerleading".

Old 07-28-2012, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,167 times
Default k

I'm trying to research the state for a possible relocation and I'm curious about the cost of living,etc. How does the cost of living/property prices in the Space Coast area compare to northern Fl?

Old 07-30-2012, 10:22 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
Personally, I'd hate to see Titusville die. It's in a fabulous location, easy access to almost anything and it's the place we go to go fishing and had access to what in my opinion is the best beach ever.
I think the powers that be need to capitalize on that aspect more. The boat launches and the new pier are great. Lots of seeminly abandoned empty property there along US1. The restaurants that are there are very good.

I did see that they were trying to get the historic downtown up and going. I hope it works.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:37 PM

A central Fl. town on the coast, a great location for sure, don't think it's going to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County