Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2012, 12:00 AM

2 posts, read 2,292 times

Advertisements

Greetings all. I am moving from Idaho to the space coast in June 2013. I would move tomorrow but do want to uproot my kids from school. Plus I want to be able to save some money. I have decided that I am not interested in renting or buying a house. Instead, I want to live in an apartment or condo and just enjoy life. I am tired of the upkeep of a house. I have a few requirements though. I want to live in a good school district. I have heard Satellite high is great. I have 2 teenage girls and education is a priority. I also would like to live within walking distance to the beach and would like to have a pool in the complex. I have looked at some online and was curious if they are decent and in nice areas. Here are the ones I have looked at: BEachside-love it but it seems crazy expensive, this is my number one pic but afraid of affording it
Shore View- Read some bad reviews about this, kind of looks funky? inside, hard to tell from pics but pool and stuff looks nice
The Brittany Apartments- THese are where I am leaning, seem big and priced nicely. seems close enough to beach but am worried about girls walking alone and have read some bad reviews
Satellite shores- Not alot of info on these other than they were base housing. Not even sure if htey have a pool. I know they are old and that is somewhat concerning. Worried about utility costs.

That is really all I could find. I want to live on the barrier island somwhere between cocoa beach and melbourne beach. I am not really set on any particular area. Just want safe and good schools close to beach. If you know of any websites that are good for finding rentals, that would be great too. I have been to rent. com, apartmentfinder, trulia, and of course craigslist. I know there has to be more apartments than these few. And how do you find condos or other rentals? Please advise if there are any areas to avoid. Thanks so much in advance for any help.I can't wait to move there. Idaho sucks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 05:52 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,170,420 times
Look for rentals on the local MLS at InnoVia Login

Old 09-15-2012, 08:12 AM

3,975 posts, read 8,139,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Look for rentals on the local MLS at InnoVia Login
Here's the link.... InnoVia Login

There's a few condos etc. listed right on A1A between $1000-$1500 a month with 2 or 3 beds and 2 baths. Look nice and that's a good price even on a nice apartment on the mainland for a 3 bedroom.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,292 times
Hey Thanks so much. Any advice on renting? Any areas to stay away from? I do want to live on the barrier island.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:23 PM

3,975 posts, read 8,139,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greatfam View Post
Hey Thanks so much. Any advice on renting? Any areas to stay away from? I do want to live on the barrier island.
Its all good on the island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County