U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 11:39 PM

213 posts, read 386,316 times

Advertisements

Looks like I might be relocating to Brevard from Nassau in as little as a few months to attend Brevard College there for a program that have my interest. I also know that the job market sucks down there, but what will be a good industry to look at? My experience is in Aviation, and Television but other than that I do not know what else I can do.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 01:46 PM

6 posts, read 20,399 times
Smile jobs

I am also relocating to Melbourne and looking for jobs right now I am in Houston texas and im getting a lot of offers but the problem is nobody wants to pay for relocation. I found a great town home that I want to live in but its hard to do everything remotely. I have done all my homework but I have to get the money top get down there so I can start me new life.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:43 PM

213 posts, read 386,316 times
I am in Jacksonville, Fl and it should not be too bad for me, but if push comes to shove, I will take a couple of days and go down there to knock on doors and apply for anything that I can get, the only downfall is that I have to have insurance for the program I will be attending.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:17 AM

9,862 posts, read 12,403,721 times
Sometimes, the 'job market' causes folks to forget that they only need ONE JOB, not an entire 'market' or 'segment.' There are still plenty of jobs in Florida --- Brevard does well with high tech jobs (Harris, Grumman, Rockwell, etc). Companies will pay for relocation if the skill set they are seeking is not available locally, but, otherwise, what's the point?

It seems like many folks on this forum are more focused on 'what jobs are available' than on their own skills and 'what they bring to the table.' If one is only offering a "warm body," the opportunities are quite limited in Brevard, Florida ... and the U.S.

Unless one is looking for basic labor or service sector jobs, "knocking on doors" probably isn't the most productive approach to job hunting these days. For skilled positions, one is better off identifying opportunities online and making the necessary contacts and interview schedules, before simply 'showing up.'

Old 06-14-2013, 12:28 PM

12,022 posts, read 12,238,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Sometimes, the 'job market' causes folks to forget that they only need ONE JOB, not an entire 'market' or 'segment.' There are still plenty of jobs in Florida --- Brevard does well with high tech jobs (Harris, Grumman, Rockwell, etc). Companies will pay for relocation if the skill set they are seeking is not available locally, but, otherwise, what's the point?

It seems like many folks on this forum are more focused on 'what jobs are available' than on their own skills and 'what they bring to the table.' If one is only offering a "warm body," the opportunities are quite limited in Brevard, Florida ... and the U.S.

Unless one is looking for basic labor or service sector jobs, "knocking on doors" probably isn't the most productive approach to job hunting these days. For skilled positions, one is better off identifying opportunities online and making the necessary contacts and interview schedules, before simply 'showing up.'
Great post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County