Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 01:47 PM

10 posts, read 33,068 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Melbourne next month. Any recommendation which Cable TV and Internet company that are good and how much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 05:40 PM

44 posts, read 180,050 times
Brighthouse network is the cable provider in the area and the only one that I am aware of. They offer cable, telephone and high speed internet. We signed up for the bundling to take advantage of the discount, but I'm not really happy with the TV. The channel lineup is very disorganized and confusing. They list the same channel twice, once in HD and one that's not in HD. Why they do that makes no sense to me. We've had Directv for many years and we're thinking of going back to it. Oh, in case you're interested AT&T is the other phone provider for the area.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:48 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,382,917 times
U-verse is available in some areas.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:31 PM

198 posts, read 464,087 times
Default Not happy with Brighthouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie8038 View Post
Brighthouse network is the cable provider in the area and the only one that I am aware of. They offer cable, telephone and high speed internet. We signed up for the bundling to take advantage of the discount, but I'm not really happy with the TV. The channel lineup is very disorganized and confusing. They list the same channel twice, once in HD and one that's not in HD. Why they do that makes no sense to me. We've had Directv for many years and we're thinking of going back to it. Oh, in case you're interested AT&T is the other phone provider for the area.
I agree, I have had nothing but problems with Brighthouse and their channel lineup, what was promised with channels and speed of the internet. (they promised sports like NESN and ESPN U, and I am paying for 30m of internet spped and only get 14M..which seems slower than the 1mb I had with DSL in VT) I have looked up AT&T's bundle and am going to call them about which TV provider they use or if they have their own cable. I had Dish for years and as much as I did not like it (in VT), it was so much more user friendly. I just am not sure about satellite in Florida and how much it must go out. If anyone can tell all of us about their experiences, I would certainly appreciate it.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:48 PM

44 posts, read 180,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtallison View Post
I agree, I have had nothing but problems with Brighthouse and their channel lineup, what was promised with channels and speed of the internet. (they promised sports like NESN and ESPN U, and I am paying for 30m of internet spped and only get 14M..which seems slower than the 1mb I had with DSL in VT) I have looked up AT&T's bundle and am going to call them about which TV provider they use or if they have their own cable. I had Dish for years and as much as I did not like it (in VT), it was so much more user friendly. I just am not sure about satellite in Florida and how much it must go out. If anyone can tell all of us about their experiences, I would certainly appreciate it.
I agree with you about the internet speed. We signed up for the lightning 60 mbps package and I swear it's no faster than our 1mb DSL we had.

I wouldn't worry about dish not working around here. We came from the northwest where is really does rain all the time, well from October to July anyway. Even with super heavy cloud cover, we never had a problem with the satellite going out. The only time it did was with heavy snowfall. That's not likely around here, so I think we're good. Besides my cable goes out from time to time more than the satellite did. We'll be watching tv and then all of a sudden something happens to the reception and the tv gets all pixelated. We're going to give it a little more time before we decide, but I'm not that impressed.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 AM

10 posts, read 33,068 times
thank you all for your replies. We called ATT bundle - unfortunately no cable TV available in 32935 zip code :-(. If you are not happy with Brighthouse - I guess our only option is Direct TV? Will call them later.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,212 times
anyone have any thoughts on dish bundles vs directv bundles?

Old 06-13-2016, 09:06 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkflorida View Post
thank you all for your replies. We called ATT bundle - unfortunately no cable TV available in 32935 zip code :-(. If you are not happy with Brighthouse - I guess our only option is Direct TV? Will call them later.
AT&T bundles with Direct TV and must not be available in the whole county because they ask for specific address to see if available on your street.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:02 AM

113 posts, read 141,740 times
At&t owns directv now and it is available everywhere. U-verse on the other hand may not be. Directv HD channels go out in heavy rains, t-storms. SD or Standard Definition normally does not. Also check to see if AT&T Fiber is avialable at your address.

I have 45mg Fiber, phone and Directv for $142 per month plus I get unlimited text, talk and data on my cell phones with AT&T. Cellular service is not included in the $142.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:25 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,681,636 times
Is Verizon Fios available in Brevard? Just curios as that is very popular in NY when available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
View detailed profiles of: