U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 08:00 PM

156 posts, read 276,025 times

Advertisements

I am just curious why they chose to live in Viera if they hate it so much. I mean, wow they don't like anything about the area. I am curious if they looked at every area and Viera was the best fit? Did they look beach side and didn't like that either? I don't even live in the area....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 11:40 PM

12,022 posts, read 12,285,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phnatom090 View Post
Viera is the nicest community in Brevard at this point, but it has issues.
Your statement doesn't jive with rest of your post?

In terms of "nicest", that's debatable. There are some pretty "nice" communities beachside as well. Lansing Island is probably the most "elite" of all I would say.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:01 AM

153 posts, read 325,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Your statement doesn't jive with rest of your post?

In terms of "nicest", that's debatable. There are some pretty "nice" communities beachside as well. Lansing Island is probably the most "elite" of all I would say.
I agree. I wouldn't label Viera as the "nicest community". It's just a newer one and one of many nice areas in the county. There are some really nice communities beachside too (we originally lived in Satellite beach) and in Merritt Island, Titusville, Melbourne Beach and so on. We happen to love Viera as it fits our current lifestyle, but Brevard County as a whole has lots of nice areas and we would be just as happy living in anyone of them too.

Focusing on every little negative experience and having to call people out would drive me insane. There are lots of choices here and if you're not happy with one then show some dignity and move on to the next. Be the bigger person and go find what makes you happy. Keep your chin up, mouth shut and stay positive.

Sometimes you have to take a look at yourself as being part of the problem and stop pointing fingers. Doing so would mean using rational thinking when looking at a situation, but to some its just easier to ignorantly call out women and children when they feel the need to complain. Its a childish and honestly sad way to react to situations in your life. Time to grow up and move on.

Last edited by Florida Vince; 10-27-2014 at 08:33 AM..

Old 10-27-2014, 10:46 PM

12,022 posts, read 12,285,448 times
Quote:
Didn't say I hated it, it's just the safest area around for now with many conveniences nearby.

After living through the 2004 hurricane season in FL I would never even consider living on the island -as nice as many areas are down on A1A. The cost of homeowners and flood insurance to live on the beach is not in my budget.
Supposedly beachside areas on the whole had less flooding than many parts of Palm bay, West Melbourne and Malabar. Also they didn't lose electricity in many parts. Again, this is all hearsay.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:00 AM

153 posts, read 325,259 times
Quote:
And you remind of this woman who used to post on the Celebration forums night and day and ran a "Life Coach" business. She liked to pretend everything in Celebration was as rosy as Disney fairytale, meanwhile it was far from it. The houses were all built like crap with shoddy construction and unskilled labor -plagued with problems from day one. They kept building "condo" complexes that just brought in the dregs and transients. Disney eventually pulled their interests out and the place lost everything that was good and special about it, but there were always the "dream chasers" who still denied everything that was happening because they needed to believe they were living in Walt's dream city. Most of the original residents saw the writing on the wall and realized Disney fed them a line of BS and hi-tailed it out of there.

And yeah, I am a "great neighbor" because my home and property are maintained, (in a zero lot line community) I don't put a dog out on my lanai to bark incessantly for hours on end or have my ADHD spawn screaming for hours in the pool unsupervised, and I don't have a aftermarket muffler or 1000 watt subwoffer on my cars that shake your house and wake you out of bed every time I start it up. I don't have a mid-life crisis (me-too) Harley in my garage that annoys the entire neighborhood. See, I just live a peaceful life and respect my neighbors as I would like to be respected.
Nice story.

I'm going to bow out of your wining fest now and move on to things more productive. Like I said in an earlier post good luck finding whatever utopia that you are looking for. I'm sure your Mayberry is out there somewhere.

Take care.

Last edited by Florida Vince; 10-28-2014 at 08:33 AM..

Old 10-28-2014, 10:06 AM

32 posts, read 65,073 times
phnatom090 -

TROLL - "a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion".

"See, I just live a peaceful life" - oh really?? Nothing to see here folks, lets all move on now. Cheers.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:04 AM

3 posts, read 5,814 times
Supposedly people come to these forums to get opinions and information from other people on places to live, but if you have negative comments about where you live that's not allowed for some reason. Seems kind of counter productive to the purpose of this forum. ?

So you label someone a "troll" because you don't like what they have to say in order to discredit their opinions and make you the authority. I've seen that scenario a thousand times on every type of internet forum. What are you afraid of? I live in Viera, I know Viera and Brevard very well.

Everybody is a product of their environment. If you've lived your whole life in row house in Philly or NYC, any place with grass and a tree is paradise to you. So really I don't blame "Vince" for his bashing of me, I can only imagine where he moved from. Funny how he removed his banner ads from his posts after I called him out on that. Lots of realtors and such on these forums with covert agendas "willing to assist you" with advice, and don't want anyone "bashing" their sales area.

It's all in what you know and where you came from. Viera is nice for Brevard County.

There is one thing you have to know before moving to anywhere in Florida... Too many freaks, not enough circuses!

Last edited by phantom09; 11-17-2014 at 07:29 AM..

Old 05-17-2015, 09:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,645 times
Default Viera not all it's cracked up to be for some.

We lived in Viera for 2 years. Thinking it was going to be our final resting place, our haven....wrong! After the first year I knew it was the biggest mistake we had ever made. The people are rude, children are MOST CERTAINLY SPOILED, out of control on the golf carts, insociable and the police are so bored and have a chip on their shoulder they pull over every mom in a minivan.

Let'st start with the women who have more tattoos than the men. Have you no class? Every woman regardless of her size wears a bikini...obviously not owning any mirrors.

A reference to the school bus comment...why on earth would you sit in a hot car with children for 2 hours waiting for school to get out? Have you nothing better to do? Then, complain about how they auctioned off the first spot in line. How about speech therapy or a play date for your children who cannot speak? I've never seen so many kids age 6 etc...that moan because they can't speak full sentences. The children have multiple issues... Read to your children, sing to them, get them out of the car. FOR THE LOVE OF PETE....LET THEM PLAY OUTSIDE!!!!!!

The police...2 officers per car. Police driving past you one way, driving past you another way. Pulling over only innocent people doing minor things. Letting go the people driving the total crap boxes knowing it's too much work they don't have insurance. Not pulling over the high end vehicles like Lincolns etc...knowing they'll just get out of it or they probably know someone.

The lack of customer service and lazy ass people. This is a HUGE problem.

Rednecks, I've never seen so many, so proud. Where we come from, that's a lower class of educated people. I thought Viera was an upscale beachy town....WRONG!

Viera residents don't know the meaning of "keep your word, show up for an appt. etc...". Even if it comes to a business working relationship.

Accidents daily, everywhere you drove. Horrible drivers.

We did our research. Chose it for the school which in itself was a joke. They push kids thru to keep their letter grade. Don't fool yourselves.

Unfortunately, when you make a huge move like this the only way you realize what it's like is to live it everyday. It's an expensive lesson. Some people may not be able to make that move and just have to live with their surroundings. But, this forum should really be open to answer the questions and opinions that the viewer asked earlier on. There really are people making their life decisions based on others replies. The world isn't all rainbows and unicorns. No fowl, no harm. No one's names were mentioned. If your child is well behaved, you shouldn't be offended. We have older kids so we have been through all ups and downs...it's not easy. Remember these are just opinions, I wish I saw some opinions like these before we moved there. Instead, the realtor drove us to ONLY certain areas, the beautiful ares Of course. Telling us how it was going to be a green town (far from it).

Final outcome, we left as quickly as we came. Happy we did, Viera is just a bad memory for us and 2 years we'll never get back. I hope this helps someone. I only wish we saw a more honest view before we made such a life altering change. I'm sure Viera is right for many and that's wonderful.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:32 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,380,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exfloridian View Post
We lived in Viera for 2 years. Thinking it was going to be our final resting place, our haven....wrong! After the first year I knew it was the biggest mistake we had ever made. The people are rude, children are MOST CERTAINLY SPOILED, out of control on the golf carts, insociable and the police are so bored and have a chip on their shoulder they pull over every mom in a minivan.

Let'st start with the women who have more tattoos than the men. Have you no class? Every woman regardless of her size wears a bikini...obviously not owning any mirrors.

A reference to the school bus comment...why on earth would you sit in a hot car with children for 2 hours waiting for school to get out? Have you nothing better to do? Then, complain about how they auctioned off the first spot in line. How about speech therapy or a play date for your children who cannot speak? I've never seen so many kids age 6 etc...that moan because they can't speak full sentences. The children have multiple issues... Read to your children, sing to them, get them out of the car. FOR THE LOVE OF PETE....LET THEM PLAY OUTSIDE!!!!!!

The police...2 officers per car. Police driving past you one way, driving past you another way. Pulling over only innocent people doing minor things. Letting go the people driving the total crap boxes knowing it's too much work they don't have insurance. Not pulling over the high end vehicles like Lincolns etc...knowing they'll just get out of it or they probably know someone.

The lack of customer service and lazy ass people. This is a HUGE problem.

Rednecks, I've never seen so many, so proud. Where we come from, that's a lower class of educated people. I thought Viera was an upscale beachy town....WRONG!

Viera residents don't know the meaning of "keep your word, show up for an appt. etc...". Even if it comes to a business working relationship.

Accidents daily, everywhere you drove. Horrible drivers.

We did our research. Chose it for the school which in itself was a joke. They push kids thru to keep their letter grade. Don't fool yourselves.

Unfortunately, when you make a huge move like this the only way you realize what it's like is to live it everyday. It's an expensive lesson. Some people may not be able to make that move and just have to live with their surroundings. But, this forum should really be open to answer the questions and opinions that the viewer asked earlier on. There really are people making their life decisions based on others replies. The world isn't all rainbows and unicorns. No fowl, no harm. No one's names were mentioned. If your child is well behaved, you shouldn't be offended. We have older kids so we have been through all ups and downs...it's not easy. Remember these are just opinions, I wish I saw some opinions like these before we moved there. Instead, the realtor drove us to ONLY certain areas, the beautiful ares Of course. Telling us how it was going to be a green town (far from it).

Final outcome, we left as quickly as we came. Happy we did, Viera is just a bad memory for us and 2 years we'll never get back. I hope this helps someone. I only wish we saw a more honest view before we made such a life altering change. I'm sure Viera is right for many and that's wonderful.
Well that is too bad but hope you found the right place for you. Also its ok to express opinions on here without being malicious. I never understand people on this forum leaving a place and then wanting to trash it.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,645 times
We moved back home and yes, we're happy again. Thank you.

I think email and texting can be misunderstood at times when there is no emotion that can be conveyed. Also, children, homes etc...can be very personal. Like any forum they can be both positive and negative. Sometimes, it's hard to decifer which side you fall on. Everyone will experience or believe something differnent. Just throw out yours and support others where you agree. Certainly, that's what makes the world go around.

Enjoy your day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County