U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 06:07 AM

12 posts, read 27,997 times

Advertisements

We have narrowed our search and are now focusing on Satellite Beach. We found out friends we were stationed with before recently bought a house there also! Lucky for us!

I have a few questions as they are new to the area and didnt know these answers.

Ive noticed the homes in Sat Beach are older or they are new homes in the Monticito neighborhood. In your opinion, what are some pros and cons to each area? Are Mercedes homes well built? I found a youtube video that shows otherwise but I know that is only one case.

Also, I have been basically walking street by street on Google Earth street view. It wont let me in the Monticito area and i noticed next to that is a huge area of empy lots. From some research am I right to think this is old south housing for Patrick? Does anybody know of any more plans to develop this area to more new neighborhoods?

I have to admit, I like the idea of a new home. Big closets, nice master, more room. But I am still open to older homes as long as they have been remodeled.

We move this summer. I am so ready! We are coming from dreary Germany and i need some sun and blue sky!

Thank you fo any help you can give. I think I have read 13 pages of info on here and that is what got us to want to reside in Satellite Beach! Our friends living there just confirmed it! So thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 04:58 PM

27 posts, read 47,596 times
They are still building homes in Montecito. I think they are nice but it will depend on your budget, What is your budget? Satellite is nice, I really like the Desoto neighborhood, especially if you have kids. I would also look in Indian Harbour Beach and Indialantic. It's not much further and it will give you more options.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:02 AM

Our budget is $300-$400. We would love to stay on the lower end.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:22 PM

You'll have options in that price range and can end up with a nice house.

I think that the closer you are to the water, the better life is here. There is nothing like walking to the beach whenever you want. Montecito is a nice neighborhood but not convenient to walk to the beach, you'll most likely drive. Is the beach or outdoor/water activities of interest to you?

Old 01-15-2014, 12:47 AM

We say yes. My husband runs and would love to run on the beach. My kids love being in the water and we are looking for a more laid back, small town feel. After living in Europe for 3 years, I am over grey skies, crowds and busyness. (Is that a word!? Lol).

Thanks for the info on Monticito. To me it looks close to the beach but I know Im looking at google earth. Can yout ell me about how many miles wide the land is in Satellite Beach?

Thanks.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:53 PM

The island varies in width up and down the island. I'd guess in the Montecito area is about 1.5 miles wide. Even though a mile walk doesn't seem far it can take 15-20 minutes each way. Once you're settled in and life becomes busy it can become a burden to walk to the beach. Many of my friends here live less than a mile from the beach and rarely go. For people that like spending time on the beach, I always advise to find a home as near the water as they can. The other option is to get some beach cruise bicycles, it makes the trip much quicker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County