U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 07:01 PM

28 posts, read 33,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofSunshine View Post
i am not sure if this is a joke post or not. in case this is a serious post.....please do not move someplace unemployed and think you can buy a home for 20k. it is hard to find a nice car for 20k!

I am not joking. Please check realtor.com, as there are lots of homes available for less than 20K. I'm not middle class, I don't need a $100K home... I can't afford it. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong area, but that's why I asked so I can weigh my options.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 07:18 PM

12,022 posts, read 12,269,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amendia View Post
I am not joking. Please check realtor.com, as there are lots of homes available for less than 20K. I'm not middle class, I don't need a $100K home... I can't afford it. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong area, but that's why I asked so I can weigh my options.
Check the middle of the state.... Sebring FL?

This is an example that might be up your alley http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/29...26939543_zpid/

Old 01-21-2014, 07:31 PM

156 posts, read 275,453 times
Quote:
My apologies, I didn't think a home for 20k existed. Good for you to go out and purchase your own place instead of living in government housing (which I assume you can do if your income is very low). I will say it must be difficult to find a home for that price near the beach. But it sounds like you are exploring your options. Best of luck.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Check the middle of the state.... Sebring FL?

This is an example that might be up your alley 2931 Melon Ln, Sebring, FL 33870 is For Sale - Zillow

Something like that is definitely acceptable to me, thank you!

Old 01-21-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofSunshine View Post
My apologies, I didn't think a home for 20k existed. Good for you to go out and purchase your own place instead of living in government housing (which I assume you can do if your income is very low). I will say it must be difficult to find a home for that price near the beach. But it sounds like you are exploring your options. Best of luck.

Thank you. They definitely do exist, and I refuse to live in government housing. Where we currently live, we pay $625 for a nice 3 bedroom home. However KY is much cheaper than FL. The only reason I want to buy around $15-$20K is because I want to own a home free and clear (other than taxes and etc).

Old 01-21-2014, 08:51 PM

153 posts, read 325,013 times
Georgia Ave in Cocoa is straight up in the hood. I know as I work in the area and its an area that comes to life during the evening, but not in a good way. I wouldn't buy anything in the Cocoa / N Fiske vicinity as there are shootings there almost daily, prostitutes and drug dealers and its probably one of the worst (if not the worst) areas of the county. You wont be walking there during the evening for sure if you value your life.

$15K - $20K wont get you anything near the coast unless you want to live in a really rough area, and even then your looking at spending more ($40K+) then you want to spend. $600+ per month rent for roach infested section eight housing is the norm in the area that you're looking at. I'd try further inland, maybe in the middle of the state north of Orlando. You would still be close to the coast (1-2 hours) and with a little research you may find what you are looking for. Good luck!

Last edited by in_newengland; 10-29-2014 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: advertising/spam

Old 01-21-2014, 09:09 PM

3,746 posts, read 6,816,985 times
Quote:
Thank you. They definitely do exist, and I refuse to live in government housing. Where we currently live, we pay $625 for a nice 3 bedroom home. However KY is much cheaper than FL. The only reason I want to buy around $15-$20K is because I want to own a home free and clear (other than taxes and etc).
Looked at MLSBrevard county....

Brevard County MLS Public Search | BrevardMLS.com

To tell you the truth I would be a little scared to live in all of them except for the one in Holiday Park in Palm Bay, but that is a 55+ neighborhood.

From the newspaper

Melbourne, FL Single Family Homes for Sale | HomeFinder.com

Old 01-21-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Vince View Post
Georgia Ave in Cocoa is straight up in the hood. I know as I work in the area and its an area that comes to life during the evening, but not in a good way. I wouldn't buy anything in the Cocoa / N Fiske vicinity as there are shootings there almost daily, prostitutes and drug dealers and its probably one of the worst (if not the worst) areas of the county. You wont be walking there during the evening for sure if you value your life.

$15K - $20K wont get you anything near the coast unless you want to live in a really rough area, and even then your looking at spending more ($40K+) then you want to spend. $600+ per month rent for roach infested section eight housing is the norm in the area that you're looking at. I'd try further inland, maybe in the middle of the state north of Orlando. You would still be close to the coast (1-2 hours) and with a little research you may find what you are looking for. Good luck! ]

Thank you. I'll definitely be steering clear of that area!

Last edited by in_newengland; 10-29-2014 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: advertising/spam

Old 01-21-2014, 11:10 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,146,510 times
I would definitely stay south of King Street (Rt 520) and east of US1 (on this zillow map it says it's route 5??), but you won't get anything for 15-20k. Looking through zillow in the 32922 zip code, this is the first one that would be "sort of" safe:

211 Factory St, Cocoa, FL 32922 is For Sale - Zillow

Old 01-22-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I would definitely stay south of King Street (Rt 520) and east of US1 (on this zillow map it says it's route 5??), but you won't get anything for 15-20k. Looking through zillow in the 32922 zip code, this is the first one that would be "sort of" safe:

211 Factory St, Cocoa, FL 32922 is For Sale - Zillow

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County