U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 6,373 times

Advertisements

So, my 12 month goal is to get the hell out of Michigan (Detroit area), and NEVER see a snowflake again in my lifetime. I have been researching all the areas of FL that I can afford, and I keep coming back to Titusville, specifically Plantation Oaks Of Brevard. Why are the houses in this community so cheap (compared to areas close to Orlando)? I work from home, so the job market isn't a factor, I like that I would be close to the Ocean, and in a much less congested area. I like the fact, all the houses are newer, and there is a community pool, ect. Seems like this area is perfect for what I am seeking, but before I fly my whole family down to start looking at homes, I would like some feedback from people that actually live in the area. Any reviews are greatly appreciated.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 03:40 PM

591 posts, read 1,202,316 times
Titusville in general took a huge hit over the last decade, both from the recession and the NASA cutbacks, and the real estate market there has been rebounding more slowly than most other areas in the county, or so I've heard. But if your job is not dependent on the local economy, that creates an opportunity. I don't know the specific area, though, so I can't speak to the school situation and such.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:15 AM

83 posts, read 154,831 times
I moved to Titusville after looking at many different areas around the state, it's not Palm Beach but if want real estate at great prices and a small town atmosphere there are many choices available here.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 5,913 times
I have rented in Plantation Oaks for 2 years and am now purchasing a house in here. It is a great community. The other houses around here are nice but older. I liked the fact of getting a newer house, in a newer community.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:11 PM

27 posts, read 53,188 times
Don't know much about Titusville - what is the quality of life? Any downtown area? Festivals/Art & Crafts Fairs? Is the area walkable at all?

Old 07-14-2014, 06:46 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,043,136 times
Still depressed but there is some money starting to come in. They were hit so hard by the NASA job shut down. The schools are lower scoring than most in Brevard County and there was high unemployment for some time now. It is a shame as location wise, it is convenient to Orlando and the airports and there is business around Rt 1 as well as a golf course or two. I know of some distant relatives that are in the area who had the foresight to purchase some inexpensive homes back in 2011 when they were super cheap and now rent them. You can still get some great buys and I am sure, in time things will improve again. I think when the motels clean up and renovate, they will attract more travelers and perhaps there will be an influx of even more money to improve the local economy.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,171 times
What are the HOA fees for Plantation Oaks of Brevard?

Old 04-11-2015, 02:18 PM

3,740 posts, read 6,795,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mxf3rus View Post
What are the HOA fees for Plantation Oaks of Brevard?
Looking at a house in Plantation Oaks Phase 3 which is listed on the MLS it says the fees are $101 monthly. don't know if the listing is up to date on fees, though.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:25 AM

90 posts, read 84,299 times
It's cheap because titusville is a ghost town...it's so incredibly run down and there's nothing to do. I wouldn't suggest it...but it is quite cheap.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:24 PM

3,740 posts, read 6,795,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedd View Post
It's cheap because titusville is a ghost town...it's so incredibly run down and there's nothing to do. I wouldn't suggest it...but it is quite cheap.
Do you live there? Have you ever been there? Titusville is a small town but it has some very lovely homes and lots of things going up around there

To the OP

We love the marina, the parks. the museums, the fact that you can visit rockets up close. Our friends live in Hickory Hills area off of rt. 50 so we get up there quite often. . It is a nice older community. They have lived there since the 1990s.

Of course Titusville has areas that are not so nice, but all towns and cities do. I am not quite sure where they are, though. Don't think we have ever seen them. It definitely isn't a ghost town. I would move there if I wanted small town living with a short drive to cities that have more things to do like Orlando, Melbourne, and Daytona Beach. I like that it has the old Florida feel with friendly people.....and you get to watch rockets!

It is not a beach town and so going to the beach is not just walking out the door or going over the causeway and you are there. It seems like it takes forever to get to Canaveral National Seashore but it is such a beautiful drive that it is worth visiting on a reguar basis from South Brevard where we live. We were there one day this week and had a great time. If you come down to look at houses and like Mexican or Cuban food check out our favorite ...El Leoncitos right on US1 with a view of the VAB building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County