U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-21-2014, 03:42 PM
 
5 posts, read 5,181 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Google maps is telling me that a drive from Viera to the east side of Orlando will take about 45 minutes. If taking I-95 N to 528 W, how long will the drive really take?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-21-2014, 07:33 PM
 
12,017 posts, read 12,771,205 times
Reputation: 5981
about that long, maybe less. Could be worse on a friday afternoon with bad traffic
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2014, 05:32 PM
 
3,818 posts, read 7,137,902 times
Reputation: 3679
Quote:
Originally Posted by JipC View Post
Google maps is telling me that a drive from Viera to the east side of Orlando will take about 45 minutes. If taking I-95 N to 528 W, how long will the drive really take?
We seem to save time by going I-95 to 520 and then getting on 528. If you are going to the UCF area you can stay on 520 to 50 and go in that way too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2014, 05:34 PM
 
12,017 posts, read 12,771,205 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
We seem to save time by going I-95 to 520 and then getting on 528. If you are going to the UCF area you can stay on 520 to 50 and go in that way too.
I've tried it both ways. I've noticed no difference and even if you check google, it's at most a mile or so different.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2014, 06:34 AM
 
5 posts, read 5,181 times
Reputation: 10
Thank you Rablfmom and chopchop0, how many minutes is your drive? I guess I should have asked how long this drive takes in rush hour? Say between the hours of 7am and 9am, and between 4pm and 6pm?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2014, 07:43 AM
 
12,017 posts, read 12,771,205 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by JipC View Post
Thank you Rablfmom and chopchop0, how many minutes is your drive? I guess I should have asked how long this drive takes in rush hour? Say between the hours of 7am and 9am, and between 4pm and 6pm?
Not too much longer although the Wickham rd exit can be a real pain at those times, especially coming back in the afternoon. Also Friday afternoons seem to be worse all on the roads in Orlando for some reason, including the 528
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2014, 08:10 AM
 
3,818 posts, read 7,137,902 times
Reputation: 3679
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Not too much longer although the Wickham rd exit can be a real pain at those times, especially coming back in the afternoon. Also Friday afternoons seem to be worse all on the roads in Orlando for some reason, including the 528
Actually even I-95 on Friday drive time in the afternoon can be bumper to bumper still going speed limit though from 528 South. Hard to say how long because of accidents etc, but I would plan an hour to 1 1/2 just to be sure. some times no problem at all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top