Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 02:56 PM

12 posts, read 27,763 times

Advertisements

the best way to rent with a filing?where? how? need SERIOUS help. need to leave before it goes to court. they just filed on 7/9. filed in viera,fl for apartment in melbourne,florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 03:34 PM

741 posts, read 914,850 times
You need to find an owner-renter who doesn't screen his tenants, but I feel for whoever that guy is.
If you've already hauled one landlord to file eviction, you'll do it again which is precisely any given landlord is more likely to rent to a sexual predator than someone with a background in forcible evictions.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:41 PM

No this is the first time ever in 16 plus years of renting that ive ever been filed on. i got a little behind and they wouldnt work with me...ere go eviction filing

Old 07-15-2014, 03:48 PM

The thing is, when you got 'a little behind' and they wouldn't work with you, to avoid eviction, you move out.

If they filed an eviction immediately (as some landlords do), you can move out and request they withdraw it but otherwise, if you just continued living there without paying rent, this is the consequence of that. Evictions are a huge symptom of a PITA renter.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:34 PM

if i move out before it goes to court will that help anything?

Old 07-15-2014, 04:35 PM

Inform your landlord that you want to avoid the eviction process and ask if he could he withdraw the eviction complaint if you leave right away. There's a good chance he'll say yes since evictions take up his time and money as well but there's a chance you've pissed him off and he'll say no just to spite you.

If there's already a court date, it works against you.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:37 PM

even though they have already filed? because i could possibly get out of there by next saturday. they filed on 7/9 and still have not seen any paperwork yet?

Old 07-15-2014, 04:41 PM

If you haven't been served yet, that works in your favor. If you have, it doesn't.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:45 PM

no i havent been served yet. no paper on door, in mail or in person. maybe i should try moving out this weekend

Old 07-15-2014, 07:10 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,683,327 times
I would move out ASAP. As a landlord that has dealt with individuals like you, it is costly and time consuming to evict. In Florida, you do need to get a three day notice either handed to you or posted on your door. That gives you three days to pay up or get out. The owner can still proceed (many do) to protect themselves in the future, should you not really move (yes it happens) and ensure your record is marked to prevent you from easily screwing the next landlord (we are a fairly tight and upstanding community for the most part). For many landlords, they worked very hard most of their lives and saved up enough to finally own property that they may make a little profit and live the American Dream. One eviction can drain those profits that took a year plus to make. As a landlord, it is one of the worst feelings and I take it very personally if someone breaks their part of the deal. But a quick move may cut those loses to a minimum and possibly stop any further proceedings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
View detailed profiles of: