Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 08:15 PM

315 posts, read 767,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Nope Organic is higher. I don't shop at Walmart, though. Living on the coast seems to make prices higher. I listed full price but some things do go on sale and I buy then.
One of my childhood friends who lives in South Florida told me the stores there don't accept coupons. Is that true of Melbourne?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 04:54 AM

232 posts, read 398,147 times
My wife shops at Walmart all the time, for all but produce (Publix for that). Walmart takes most coupons, including 2-for-1. We just discovered a great little meat market down in Melbourne. We'll definitely be going back there.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:45 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,169,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barli View Post
One of my childhood friends who lives in South Florida told me the stores there don't accept coupons. Is that true of Melbourne?
No, you can use coupons, but not like up North where they double them etc. They often limit the amount you can purchase so you would have a hard time doing the buy 20 of something like the big couponing shows show you they do and walk out paying $0 or $1 etc. Most stores will also have their own electronic coupons you can use. Not all will take coupons from other stores or match sales.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clnewman View Post
My wife shops at Walmart all the time, for all but produce (Publix for that). Walmart takes most coupons, including 2-for-1. We just discovered a great little meat market down in Melbourne. We'll definitely be going back there.
I don't like to shop at Walmart. Meat is processed elsewhere so not cut or ground in stores which means the meat is older and has a higher chance of contamination than in stores where they have meat cutters. Here you have to watch very closely for out of date products and the cheaper price is often for a size smaller than at other stores where that amount is not offered. For example ; detergent may have enough for 30 loads instead of 32 loads like the other stores and sell for 10 cents less. No savings actually. Fruit and veggies are not as good as Publix or WD. I don't like buying them at outdoor stands either because I have gotten so many bad watermelons and the fruits and veggies have to be eaten so much faster because of being out in the heat and not in air conditioning.

Wassis is too far for us to go on a regular basis. You also might want to check out Petty's Meat and Downtown Produce out on Ellis so not too far from Wassis.

Last edited by Rabflmom; 07-27-2014 at 07:11 AM..

Old 07-27-2014, 01:41 PM

315 posts, read 767,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Vince View Post
HOA - $210 (covers a lot - lawn, weeding, pest, painting, roof, exterior insurance, pool, gate, common areas)
Viera HOA - $12
Is Viera a town in itself? Or like a big neighborhood? I'm not quite understanding why you pay 2 different HOA fees.

Quote:
I don't like to shop at Walmart. Meat is processed elsewhere so not cut or ground in stores which means the meat is older and has a higher chance of contamination than in stores where they have meat cutters.
I feel the same way. I buy all our meats at Harris Teeter and usually watch the butcher cut my order for me.

Quote:
No, you can use coupons, but not like up North where they double them etc. They often limit the amount you can purchase so you would have a hard time doing the buy 20 of something like the big couponing shows show you they do and walk out paying $0 or $1 etc. Most stores will also have their own electronic coupons you can use. Not all will take coupons from other stores or match sales.
LOL I am by no means an extreme couponer! Kinda bummed to hear that nobody doubles though. Maybe that's what my friend told me and I remembered incorrectly. Walmart doesn't double, but the actually grocery stores do and when I shop the sales and use coupons, I tend to bring my bill down 40-60%.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Is Viera a town in itself? Or like a big neighborhood? I'm not quite understanding why you pay 2 different HOA fees.

I feel the same way. I buy all our meats at Harris Teeter and usually watch the butcher cut my order for me.

LOL I am by no means an extreme couponer! Kinda bummed to hear that nobody doubles though. Maybe that's what my friend told me and I remembered incorrectly. Walmart doesn't double, but the actually grocery stores do and when I shop the sales and use coupons, I tend to bring my bill down 40-60%.
Publix has BOGO free every week and sales like 2 for $5 that are pretty good. I usually save between $45-$60 a week in spite of my spending $200-$250 a week. They also have some good store brands. We probably spend $75 on fresh fruits and vegetables every week alone. Not as much now that grapes and peaches are down to $1.99 Lb.
We cook from scratch so there aren't a lot of coupons out there for the type of stuff I buy, but each store has their own e-coupons that I do use because they are so easy to get by accident if I happen to splurge sometimes.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:35 AM

153 posts, read 357,845 times
Quote:
Kinda both. Viera is actually part of northern Melbourne and southern Rockledge. Locals know it as Viera and future plans (not sure when) will make it into its own town. The $210 monthly pays for our community's maintenance free amenities. The additional $12 is paid to Viera for the upkeep of the areas outside of our neighborhood which include common areas like parks, pools, sidewalks, landscaping ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County