Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 12:30 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,680,276 times

Advertisements

According to "Fios Finder" website, Fios is available in most of, if not all of Brevard County. The site lists coverage areas by zip code. Just scroll down. Melbourne, Palm Bay, Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach all seem to have coverage.
Just confirmed on Verizon's own website. Certain areas may only offer Internet service, other areas will have the packages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 02:57 PM

232 posts, read 397,864 times
There is absolutely no fiber on the lines down this part or Merritt Island. I had FIOS for years back in CA, and loved it. Doesn't matter what the web sites actually say... all you need to do is look outside.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:07 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,309,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
According to "Fios Finder" website, Fios is available in most of, if not all of Brevard County. The site lists coverage areas by zip code. Just scroll down. Melbourne, Palm Bay, Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach all seem to have coverage.
Just confirmed on Verizon's own website. Certain areas may only offer Internet service, other areas will have the packages.
There is no fios here, only AT&T uverse

Old 08-09-2014, 08:16 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,680,276 times
My apologies. Upon going deeper into the Verizon site and entering specific house addresses, Fios is not available yet. Verizon offers what they call "alternative" plans. Deceiving indeed.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:10 AM

120 posts, read 195,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
My apologies. Upon going deeper into the Verizon site and entering specific house addresses, Fios is not available yet. Verizon offers what they call "alternative" plans. Deceiving indeed.
You'll never see Verizon FiOS in this part of Florida. AT&T is the incumbent telco, and U-Verse is a Fiber-to-the-neighborhood product. AT&T doesn't do fiber-to-the-home which is what Verizon FIOS is.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VieraNewbie View Post
Hello, I am relocating to Viera in a couple of weeks and will be working remotely for my company and will need to access servers located in CA and MA through a VPN connection. I keep seeing online advertisements for Bright House Lightning 90 mbps. Anyone have any feedback on this service or any suggestions for another residential internet service that is fast enough to accommodate a work from home situation? My company is paying for the service so as long as it is under $200 a month they will approve it. Thanks in advance!
Can I ask what type of work that you will be doing in order to require such a high-speed connection? Before my relocation to Florida, I was working from home off of a 30 Mb/s connection in Minnesota. This provided more than enough speed for VoIP and for transferring documents back and forth between remote file servers.

My company has a few offices in Florida that utilize BrightHouse for VPN connections back to our data centers, and we've never (knocking on wood) had issue with speed/reliability with them.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:26 AM

2 posts, read 2,308 times
Thanks for all of the feedback!

PacketHauler - I will basically be transferring a high volume of documents back and forth to the remote servers. We have 30mbps to the house right now so that would be wonderful if that worked!

Old 08-20-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VieraNewbie View Post
Thanks for all of the feedback!

PacketHauler - I will basically be transferring a high volume of documents back and forth to the remote servers. We have 30mbps to the house right now so that would be wonderful if that worked!
30Mbs is what I have with BrightHouse right now, and it's been extremely stable for the 5 days that I've had it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County