Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2008, 03:51 PM

3 posts, read 11,484 times

Advertisements

my wife and I are moving in september to the cocoa beach area.I'm looking for info on viera,rockledge,ect.We wanna rent for a year before settleing on an area.We love the outdoors and have a 2 year old little girl.surfing is a big part of our life,we love the ocean.We currently live outside philadelphia,pa,my wife has a transferable bank job with wachovia.I am a general contractor and am thinking of joining the orlando carpenters union.We are looking for a better quality of life and a more layed back life style.any info on neighbor hoods or job prospects would be very helpful.we are both in our mid 20's and I own my own tools and have a truck.not interested in the super negative responses just lookin for some real advice and opinions.Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 06:48 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,034,929 times
Cool Cocoa Beach

I love the Cocoa Beach area. My family spent a few weeks this summer vacationing there. If I were moving to Florida today, Cocoa Beach area would certainly be on the top of my list. There were a ton of surfers daily and if that is your passion, you will be among many others that share this aspect of Florida living. From my observations, there were significant numbers of houses for sale in July. I cannot imagine that there will be any shortage of rental properties in CB, especially with the downturn in the housing market since then.The further that you move from the ocean (and closer to Canaveral), prices and appeal appear to drop considerably. It took us about 50 minutes to travel to Orlando this summer from CB, but I am sure that will vary with tourism cycles and driving schedules.

Not sure if you are aware, but Florida is a right to work state. Union affiliations and strength are nothing compared to what you may be used to in Philly. I am not sure, but is there a carpenter's union in Orlando?

The very best of luck in your relocation!

Old 01-05-2008, 11:06 PM

326 posts, read 1,371,702 times
I had a timeshare in Cocoa Beach for 15 years. I'd looked at businesses in the area but couldn't find anything suitable at the time. As long as you don't mind commuting you have Melbourne to the south and Titusville/New Smyrna to the north. Had a friend who lived in Viera which seemed quite nice, he had rented for some time before choosing there.Good luck.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:10 AM

135 posts, read 711,416 times
Surfing is a big part of your life but you live in philly? Anyway the real surf scene is more in south brevard where the better waves are(ie the inlet) rather than cocoa beach. Nothing wrong with cocoa but you'll always be driving a bit south if you wanna surf on a daily basis. Viera isnt bad but if you're planning on renting there are some good deals beachside. Check out south melbourne beach, indiatlantic, ihb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County