Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,169 times

Advertisements

I thank all for their input. My husband and I are looking to retire in a warm community. We recently visited Sateliite Beach and loved it. We saw where the neighborhoods were fixing up after the last past years of economy slump. We would love to settle there but are concerned with the insurance costs. As a retirement home we are looking for a modest priced home about 250,000 tops located many blocks from the beach. Can anyone give me any idea what the home owners insurance costs would be? If the house was built with hurricane protection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,169,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire A View Post
I thank all for their input. My husband and I are looking to retire in a warm community. We recently visited Sateliite Beach and loved it. We saw where the neighborhoods were fixing up after the last past years of economy slump. We would love to settle there but are concerned with the insurance costs. As a retirement home we are looking for a modest priced home about 250,000 tops located many blocks from the beach. Can anyone give me any idea what the home owners insurance costs would be? If the house was built with hurricane protection?
It depends on a lot of things. Older homes are usually higher even if up to date hurricane measures have been added. My sons 2006 home runs about $1500 and our 1984 runs about 2000. We are both about 10 miles inland. We have had this insurance for 3 years and it has gone up $400 the last two years. Basically your homeowners will have 2 deductibles and premiums-one for the hurricane part and one for regular losses.
Flood insurance in a non flood area for us is close to $500. We are looking for cheaper insurance but so far have not found one. We used an independent insurance agent to find our insurance and ended up with a Florida company that we never heard of.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:12 AM

19 posts, read 27,476 times
Yes This really a nice place and if some body need a hotter place to cisit with beaxhes and luxury than orlando is also nice.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:17 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,169,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonsmithx11 View Post
Yes This really a nice place and if some body need a hotter place to cisit with beaxhes and luxury than orlando is also nice.
Um Orlando is in the middle of the state and not on the ocean or Gulf so no beaches except for on lakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County