U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 09:18 AM

317 posts, read 1,174,865 times

Advertisements

Anyone have experience with any of these towns? Best schools? It seems to me that MBeach is very nice but if you live way down A1 in MB, you can be 10 miles from the nearest Publix.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2006, 11:56 AM

243 posts, read 1,055,695 times
The towns you listed all pretty much run into one another. As far as being near Publix, there actually is one on A1A in the south end of Melbourne Beach--it opened up maybe 1-2 years ago.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:53 PM

5,701 posts, read 23,236,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Lynne View Post
Anyone have experience with any of these towns? Best schools? It seems to me that MBeach is very nice but if you live way down A1 in MB, you can be 10 miles from the nearest Publix.

Thanks!
These towns are collocated and they are a tourist and snowbirds paradise. I lived in Satellite Beach, next to A1A for 4 years and is a great place. Schools are fine, lots of military folks in the area and many government contractor jobs.

A bit over price due to the tourist, but an excellent choice. Satellite beach has a Publix next to the South Military housing

Old 11-02-2006, 07:32 PM

504 posts, read 1,703,220 times
My daughter lives in Melbourne beach and her insurance on a small townhouse is 8400.00 a year. All three towns are small and used to be wonderful places to live, now you can hardly see the beaches for the condos and the schools are not as good as they used to be, before you move there do a lot of research, my daughters one in Palm Beach, one in Melbourne Beach,and I are all leaving the state as soon as some personel things get taken care of.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:11 PM

56 posts, read 343,010 times
We chose to move to Melbourne Beach (10+ years ago) rather than to Indialantic or Satellite Beach -- preferred the school slightly and preferred the community quite a lot. Our kids have been in this school district since kindergarten and are now in 9th and 10th grade at Melbourne High. I have spent a lot of time volunteering in the schools over the years (I know I have been very lucky to be able to be a stay-at-home-mom!) so I think I've been able to see what really goes on, get to know the teachers, etc... I have been VERY happy with the quality of teachers and quality of education.
With any of the 3 towns you named, I don't think you could go wrong with the schools. They are all excellent. Your choice may just depend on which town you end up liking best or where you find a house you love. How old are your kids? (Sorry if you already said and I missed it). I have lots more to tell you about it if you're interested... but instead of going on and on here it might be easier to try to answer specific questions. If you want more details or info I will be happy to try to help -- just PM or email me (by clicking on AmyK above).-- Amy

Old 11-03-2006, 05:13 PM

317 posts, read 1,174,865 times
Default OMG! $8000 Insurance on a townhouse in MBeach!!??

How can this be? How can people just suddenly afford this? What did the insurance costs used to be -- approximately? Does this also mean, with all of these new insurance costs, that only the very wealthy can live in these towns....or is it all of Florida??? or just the coastal towns??? My god, this is a catastrophy for Florida residents. Is there any way around these insurance fees? Does one have to have insurance?

Old 11-03-2006, 07:58 PM

504 posts, read 1,703,220 times
You do not have to have insurance if you own your house, I live in Tampa and my insurance has gone from 700.00 in 2002 to 3006 starting december of this year. The closer to the water the more it is, and its a mess.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,615 times
Default Insurance Comment

8400 for a townhouse is absolutely ludicrous regardless of distance to the beach. If you are paying anywhere NEAR that amount then you need to shop around! Every agency is different and represents different companies. At our agency we have over 20 home owners insurance carriers alone and - depending on the house - we usually will have 2-6 different options for beachside properties. The Florida Market is complex so it is very difficult for consumers to navigate and MOST agents are not forth coming about how you can get the best deal. At our agency that is not our philosophy. We want everyone to shop because we know that 9 times out of ten we represent the best value. If you arent happy with your current insurance rate and want to check and see if you can do better then shop us and see... [url=http://www.Beachside-insurance.com]Beachside Insurance[/url] (321) 426-8050... Feel free to post any insurance related questions for brevard and I will answer them :-)

Old 06-26-2010, 06:43 PM

35 posts, read 92,050 times
I live in Satellite Beach and love it! Really love it!

My kids attend the all "A" rated schools across the street, Holland Elementary, Delaura Middle, and Satellite Beach High school. The high school has a great pool, the beach front has many parks for families to enjoy with awesome, new, clean facilities. The city of Satellite Beach has bought up about 40% of the beachfront for the city's residents to enjoy.(as opposed to allowing condos to crowd the beachfront) The publix across the street (1/4 block from the High School) is clean, friendly and looks brand new. The friendly people, great neighbors, the tons of kids (well educated), all sorts of activites and sports, the beach & fantastic climate, no traffic jams and a city that is not in debt in this economy! I couldn't ask for anything more.

AmyK thanks for the inside scoop on the schools, I agree, they really are awesome.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:46 PM

35 posts, read 92,050 times
I should also mention the housing here is very affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County