U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:23 PM

4 posts, read 18,275 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I have accepted a job east of Orlando on HWY 50 near the intersection to UCF. We have decided to live in Titusville and curious to hear about anyone and their commute times to east Orlando. Also, any comments on kids and schools in Titusville is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 05:34 PM

149 posts, read 668,021 times
Anywhere from 45min to an hour commute. You may want to also check out the Sykes Creek area on Merritt Island. Does not add too much to your commute and it has somewhat better schools (Brevard is the best county for schools in FL south of I-4 IMO) and also water access to the port.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:38 PM

24,217 posts, read 25,295,018 times
Gate way too the Kennedy Space Center.

More info: Titusville Area Chamber of Commerce

Old 01-02-2008, 05:43 PM

2 posts, read 10,061 times
My grandparents lived in Titusville for 25+ years before moving to Kentucky last year. I was just there a couple of weeks ago to visit family in Cocoa Beach area. I was surprised when we went through Titusville, it seems as nothing has changed in the last 5 years. I would look at the Merritt Island area but I am sure housing cost will be higher than in Titusville. Had to get to Dixie CrossRoads for rock shrimp - it was delicious.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:29 PM

24,217 posts, read 25,295,018 times
Smile T-ville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysmovnsouth View Post
My grandparents lived in Titusville for 25+ years before moving to Kentucky last year. I was just there a couple of weeks ago to visit family in Cocoa Beach area. I was surprised when we went through Titusville, it seems as nothing has changed in the last 5 years. I would look at the Merritt Island area but I am sure housing cost will be higher than in Titusville. Had to get to Dixie CrossRoads for rock shrimp - it was delicious.
We still roll the side walks up at 10 at night.....

Old 01-02-2008, 09:35 PM

28 posts, read 110,366 times
I like Titusville..............nice sleepy town with an old time Florida feel.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:59 AM

339 posts, read 1,098,991 times
I drove to UCF from Cocoa - it took me about 40 minutes if I got off of 50 at Christmas and took the back way.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 6,386 times
Default Considering Retiring to Titusville

I had the pleasure of visiting this area as part of running a marathon in all 50 States +DC some years ago and filed it away as a possible place to retire. Still seems like a right nice place to consider, so I have a few key questions:
Picking say a $150K home value, what would the annual property taxes and home owners insurance be? Citing for another value would be fine, its easily factored. And of course, what would the utility bill range be from minimum to max when the A/c is humming away?
Thanking you in advance for any help here!
Jim

Old 04-28-2008, 03:19 AM

5 posts, read 31,410 times
My husband and I live in Titusville so I thought I'd pass along some positives about this area: You can watch space shuttle launches from your back yard. The local beach (Canaveral National Seashore) is pristine, no buildings clogging the shoreline. There are several places here to alligator watch, including while driving to the beach. And of course, we have the Indian River. Titusville has both a Super Wal-Mart and a Target. (By the way, I read a post from someone saying to watch out for Titusville's Wal-Mart because they had been robbed. With all due respect, this area is just as safe as anywhere else. Believe me, this Wal-Mart is not a place you need to avoid. We don't have children so I can't provide info on the schools, but it's a perfect place for living the Florida lifestyle without being crowded or touristy.

We ourselves, however, plan to retire to Tennessee very soon (as we prefer mountain living and came here almost 20 years ago for my husband's career with NASA), so our house will go on the market in 2-3 months. It's a 2400 sq. ft., 4 bedroom/two bath, cape cod style ranch. I hope to post more details later.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:25 AM

5 posts, read 31,410 times
Footnote:
Titusville has indeed changed over the last five years. When we came here, there was hardly anything in terms of shopping and dining. The downtown area is still the so-called "historic" district but there are now lots of restaurants and shopping, especially off of Highway 50 near I 95.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County