Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 15,566 times

Advertisements

Hi, We have been pouring over the posts. Many are from 4 or 5 years.
I too thought it was 55+ community.
The most disturbing note was regarding the maintenance man who is taking advantage of seniors.
There seems to be many complaints written about his honesty. Is he a member of the
association or on the governing board? Can the governing fathers not protect the community from
this sort of predator?
Everything else seems nice. We are active seniors who play tennis and do aerobics so this
community is a fit for us. I did wonder if there is a place to put a pontoon boat.
And, what can you tell us about the private beach? How far from the community. How do you get to it?
How are the HOA fees? Does the HOA have public meetings where the residents can voice their
concerns. Are their voices heard? Can you give me some examples.
Are there transient rentals or are rentals governed by a minimum rental of one year or so?
Thanks, We are ready to buy, but want some of our concerns addressed.
Diane and Richard
my email: [email]pepperbraun@yahoo.com[/email]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 11:07 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
Having lived in Brevard for many years, I can tell you the most common perception of Barefoot Bay: 'It is where storms go to eat manufactured/mobile homes.'

Old 01-09-2015, 05:43 AM

2 posts, read 15,566 times
Thank You
Diane

Old 01-12-2015, 11:03 AM

564 posts, read 1,878,815 times
My in-laws have had there winter home there for about 15 years and I visit yearly. The manufactured home they own is very nice inside and outside. It has also survived all of the hurricanes quite well....they do have it attached to the foundation and the roof, shutters, etc. are all highly rated for wind and such.

The "beach" on the intercoastal waterway is directly across from the Barefoot Blvd main entrance (the entrance near the Winn Dixie). there is a keyed access pier with a covered pavilion at the end with benches, a pump and fish cleaning station, etc. It's not a beach that you'd want to play beach blanket bingo on but my kids love it. The really nice beaches are on the other side of the Intercoastal, on the ocean off of Route 1A.

Over the years I have seen more families living there, particularly after the 2008 financial crisis, but it still strikes me as a nice community. my in laws are very happy for the 6 months or so the spend there annually. I'm planning on buying there in three more years when my house up here is paid off.....

The Treasure Coast is pretty quiet and low key. Orlando is close enough, Vero Beach has nice shopping and restaurants. You are in Brevard County but Indian River County has some very nice recreational opportunities that are very close. the Brevard Zoo is great, the beaches are easily accessible and beautiful, Sebastian is a nice little town with good food also (Capt Hirams is a favorite of ours).

No place is perfect, I'm sure barefoot bay has busybodies and there must be some crime. But the Sheriffs reports don't show a lot of really horrible acts, it's similar to what we experience up north......

My experience is that of a visitor and observer....

Old 03-11-2015, 12:26 PM

52 posts, read 77,433 times
I also had some curiosity regarding Barefoot Bay Mobile community. What are the HOA fees? Are there any benefits associated with living there? I understand mobile homes don't take hurricanes or tornado very well but they can be helped along with anchors and ty-downs. My concern would be more about the human elements. Vandalism, stealing of A/C units or other property valuables which I have seen in several neighborhoods in Florida where A/C units were taken from numerous houses. Not trying to speak bad of Florida after all I graduated from HS in Tampa but crime is what it is and with work being limited crime usually is higher in those areas. So I am concerned especially in areas where many of the property owners are part timers as I would be leaving the property empty at least 1/2 the yr.

So any insight to Barefoot Bay or the surrounding area would be welcomed. Frequency of major storms, flooding, crime, public services, etc Don't care about schools, where to eat or buy groceries, clothing or cars.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:53 PM

5 posts, read 11,010 times
Default Also interested

I am also looking to move to Barefoot Bay. I like the idea of owning the land instead of renting. Any further info that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:27 PM

4,023 posts, read 3,796,651 times
What I have found from searching around which I think is correct is that the HOA fees are folded into the tax because of the way the community is set up. Here is a currently active listing as an example:
400 Barefoot Boulevard, Barefoot Bay, FL For Sale | Trulia.com
$1358 for 2014 on a home that costs $70K. Not sure what insurance would cost. If you pay cash, you could choose to run the risk of a high deductible and it probably wouldn't be too much.
It's on my maybe list also.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:19 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvedTones View Post
What I have found from searching around which I think is correct is that the HOA fees are folded into the tax because of the way the community is set up. Here is a currently active listing as an example:
400 Barefoot Boulevard, Barefoot Bay, FL For Sale | Trulia.com
$1358 for 2014 on a home that costs $70K. Not sure what insurance would cost. If you pay cash, you could choose to run the risk of a high deductible and it probably wouldn't be too much.
It's on my maybe list also.
Looked it up but really think looking at MLS gives a better picture.

It is a 1970 built doublewide. There are HOA fees of $680 yearly and another $425 for other fees.

The tax on the trailer is on a home that the people who owned it in 2014 qualified for the homestead act so taxes may be higher the first year until you can file.

Barefoot Bay seems to be a magnet for damage if we have tropical storms, hurricanes, or tornados in Brevard County so I would insure just in case it is destroyed.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:28 PM

4,023 posts, read 3,796,651 times
I didn't realize that one was so old. Just did a search and linked the first one. Several more are listed. Anything nearby with CBS construction and a similar setup for HOA? I find cottages up and down the coast for similar prices but no clubhouse, pool and whatnot. Not at the price point of their HOA.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:57 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvedTones View Post
I didn't realize that one was so old. Just did a search and linked the first one. Several more are listed. Anything nearby with CBS construction and a similar setup for HOA?

I find cottages up and down the coast for similar prices but no clubhouse, pool and whatnot. Not at the price point of their HOA.
Use BrevardMLS instead of any of the internet realy places like Zillow and Trulia....you get more accurate info on MLS and usually the listing agent to get more info etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County