Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 04:39 PM

179 posts, read 459,376 times

Advertisements

Greetings all,
I'm getting excited about the possibility of living in your beautiful, lush, green area! I see that people grow their own macadamia nuts! Wow! Not to mention citrus and avocados! I love Meyer lemons!

Anyway, I wondered what all of you love best about where you live? I'm all ears!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imisscarlsbadcalifornia View Post
Greetings all,
I'm getting excited about the possibility of living in your beautiful, lush, green area! I see that people grow their own macadamia nuts! Wow! Not to mention citrus and avocados! I love Meyer lemons!

Anyway, I wondered what all of you love best about where you live? I'm all ears!
Hi! My son has a banana tree growing, not producing yet but it's still pretty cool! I love the tropical weather here and the big waves at the ocean.

Good luck on your relocation!

Old 07-25-2015, 05:19 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times
Not too far from bigger city amenities and world-class attractions in Orlando without the traffic, plus cleaner, less touristy/trashy beaches than what you might find in Daytona Beach, plus some of the best schools in the state.

The economy here is also a strong point compared to much of a FL secondary to a specialized workforce for the aerospace and defense industries.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:39 AM

232 posts, read 398,035 times
The Island Bar & Grill and Barrier Jack's

Old 07-27-2015, 04:30 PM

ChopChop0, my husband is in aerospace so living that close to Cape Canaveral would be fun for him. I bet we could see launches from any of the beach towns. Big waves at the beach sound great too; I loved watching surfers in Hawaii. We had a lot of surfers in San Diego too but the waves were usually small, at least while I had the pleasure of watching. When we visit I'll be sure to check out Barrier Jack's and The Island Bar and Grill.

Any suggestions for Indian and Thai food? We love curries!

Also, what newspaper would give us a good sense of community ongoings and issues? If everything works out this week like it's supposed to it would be great to start getting a feel for life down there that way.

Thanks for responding!!

Dana

Old 07-27-2015, 05:40 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imisscarlsbadcalifornia View Post
ChopChop0, my husband is in aerospace so living that close to Cape Canaveral would be fun for him. I bet we could see launches from any of the beach towns. Big waves at the beach sound great too; I loved watching surfers in Hawaii. We had a lot of surfers in San Diego too but the waves were usually small, at least while I had the pleasure of watching. When we visit I'll be sure to check out Barrier Jack's and The Island Bar and Grill.

Any suggestions for Indian and Thai food? We love curries!

Also, what newspaper would give us a good sense of community ongoings and issues? If everything works out this week like it's supposed to it would be great to start getting a feel for life down there that way.

Thanks for responding!!

Dana
Nippon Thai in satellite beach
Riverside Thai in Palm bay

Taste of India and tandoor are the Indian restaurants around, but honestly, they are just ok. Orlando isn't that far and probably has 30+ places, many of which are better

Old 07-27-2015, 07:27 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,681,363 times
I second Nippon Thai in Satellite Beach. Hands down some of best Sushi and Thia noodles I have ever had anywhere. Have the Pad See Ew (Wide Noodles) and ask for it with duck, not on on the menu but they will make it. Yum. They have some authentic curries as well, but the noodle dishes are amazing.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:11 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,166,773 times
Newspapers for this area

Brevard County Florida News | floridatoday.com

Space Coast News: Brevard County's Social Community

Old 07-27-2015, 09:34 PM

You guys have me craving Thai food now! It's so nice to have recommendations. We have one of the best Indian restaurants I've ever been to about 30 minutes from our house. There are a few places close by but we got spoiled by a family owned Indian place in Denver that was out of this world great, completely affordable, and it was like walking into the sitcom Cheers in that they remembered their customers. I sure do miss them! I guess we will be heading to Orlando for Indian and Sattelite beach and Palm Bay for Thai. I can't do seafood but I love Pad Ke Mao/drunken noodles...those wide flat noodles. Oh my gosh now I'm making myself hungrier!

And thank you for the newspaper recommendations; I had located Florida Today but not the others so I will definitely check them out. I feel like I'm already so vested in this move; there is so much to like about your area even for a penguin like me (I have never minded cold weather or snow and don't tolerate heat well but there is a/c for that). Now I hope that all of the terms are agreeable and that I can report that we will be on our way!

Thank you to everyone!

Old 07-28-2015, 07:45 AM

120 posts, read 195,910 times
Being close to Kennedy Space Center is a huge plus for me. I don't work in aerospace, but as I kid my parents never took me there. We have annual passes, and my son and I have gone at least 10 times since we've been here. Space has always fascinated me, so getting to see a real rocket launch is just very special for me.

Also we're minutes from the ocean. I could listen to those waves all day long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County