Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2015, 08:25 AM

10 posts, read 9,214 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are moving to the area and are looking at schools for our boys. Where we are now the only real option for schools is school choice or private. I have 2 boys one will be going into 9th grade and 1 in 6th. We are looking at Merritt Island but are up for suggestions. Being on the water with our boat in our back yard is a must. We do understand that we will pay for that. My oldest son is in a magnet school now for gifted it is project based learning and has been really good for him. He was headed to a school that is career based with college classes offered as he progresses. My youngest has gifted intergraded into his day. We are excited that he won't be moving to middle schools as he needs to grow up just a little more. We would like an area that is excepting to new families. Both my kids play sports lacrosse and soccer are their choices. What is the going rate per SQ Ft for a house on the water. Oh and being able to get out a inlet is very important along with river fishing and wake boarding. Also any suggestions on where to play sports would be great. As this would give them a up on making friends.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 09:16 AM

680 posts, read 716,810 times
For school options in merritt island you have the normal Brevard county schools but you also have the choice of the following:

Divine Mercy Catholic Academy | Developing Skills for the 21st Century catholic private school

http://www.edline.net/pages/Edgewood_JSH/ Edgewood junior high and high school You can only get your children in this school if there is an opening. They determine who gets in by a lottery.

Merritt Island Christian School | Private School for Brevard County Florida private Christian school

Merritt island high school has a collegiate program and a dual enrollment program. Here is their website

http://www.edline.net/pages/Merritt_Island/
click on the academic tab to see what is required

You can go to brevardmls.com to look up homes. It looks like the cheapest canal home is $169,900 for a fixer upper and it goes up quickly from there. As of today, there are 30 homes to choose from

Brevard county parks and recreation have several programs your children can join...here is a link to look at where all the parks are in Merritt Island.
Brevard County Parks and Recreation Central Home

Living on a canal is pretty awesome. Nothing better than to walk outside and go fishing or watch the manatee swim by.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:11 AM

10 posts, read 9,214 times
Thanks for the info. Do u live in Merritt Island?

Old 11-06-2015, 05:15 PM

12 posts, read 11,113 times
I could send you a lot of options in the MI area for waterfront. If you open to other nearby areas, there are many possibilities. I've lived in Brevard County since the 80s and know the schools, sports and activities and prime and upcoming spots.

You'll truly love it down here. I've left 2x, once not far in Orlando for college and another for family reasons up to New England but always come back. I'm now raising two kids in this county. We couldn't ask for anything better.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:59 PM

2 posts, read 1,968 times
I don't think I would rule out Satellite Beach or Indian Harbour Beach for this lifestyle! This area of Brevard offers many navigational canal homes and great schools. I also like the options for restaurants and the traffic is definitely not as bad as Merritt Island.

I live inland with 2 boys in high school and my daughter was dual enrolled in high school and finished last year with her AA degree. I can also help with school information as well.

It is true...you will love the small town feel and the laid back pace; oh, the weather isn't bad either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County