Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 28,710 times

Advertisements

My family & I are moving to Florida in the summer of 2007. I have been reading this board trying to find out information, but alot of the info seems so negative and I do not want that to be a factor in my move. I live in Newport News VA which has gotten extremely over crowded with military(we have an army base, Air Force Base and navy base all in our area). Prices are extremely high to either rent or buy your own home. ( A new house that was just built a few houses from our own with 3 bedrooms just sold for $550,000!
Children in our schools don't go and just learn, they TRY to learn and TRY to survive the day and come home alive! We are taxed on everything, and also pay the personal property tax twice a year. Traffic is a nightmare, a drive that used to take 20 minutes is now over an hour if not longer. Drive by shootings are a daily thing and are killing innocent people including children and people in their own homes. Yes, our area is clean and beautiful, but the crime and the attitudes of the people have changed and we know it is time to move on. Is there anyone who can tell me of any good things about the Melbourne, Palm Bay area that might be beneficial to me? We are a family who loves the sun, water and the warm temperatures and Florida seems so right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2006, 08:09 AM

30 posts, read 238,481 times
Default Palm Bay

You will like it in that area thats where I grew up ..well a little south of there. Sebastian FL. I was Just down there in April of this year. Thats what made want to move back. Well any way Its a good area, nothing like you were describing about where you live. There is a lot of jobs to be had and a lot of money to make there. The schools are good. The area is growing fast and there is a lot of traffic, but thats the worst of it. If you are looking for a house, I would look on the Westren side of Palm Bay and maybe a little to the South like in Vlakirea, Grant, Micco, Roseland. It takes about 25 min to get to Palm Bay from Raoseland. Sebastian isn't bad either. I know a realator in Palm Bay. Not sure what its called, I think its Katlan Reality. If you are interested I could find out. . You would be about an hour away from Disney, MGM, Seaworld and whatever else they have added, and 45 min from Cape Kennedy. If you are into boating you will love the intercoastal. There are still many islands to go to where you can spend the day. You can even get to the beach by going to the Sebastian Inlet by boat, and fishing is good. I have a lot of friends that still live in that area and family as well. I hope this helps . If you have any questions I can try to answer them for you.

Bert.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:16 AM

2 posts, read 28,710 times
Thank you for your reply! If you know the name of the realtor, that would be so helpful. I'm a waitress and substitute teacher still going to college for my bachelors degree and my husband will be already set up with a job, so I think I will be able to find work easily that will still allow me to finish college part time.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:22 PM

30 posts, read 238,481 times
Default hey

I will find out tomorrow night and let you know.
Bert

Old 10-24-2006, 07:04 AM

1 posts, read 14,336 times
Default Melbourne/Palm Bay Info

If at all possible, you should try to focus on Melbourne. Palm Bay has a little higher crime rate, and the schools aren't as highly rated.

You can access the MLS here:
www.brevardmls.com

Tax Assessor's Website:
brevardpropertyappraiser.com

Local Newspaper:
www.floridatoday.com

A good realtor (friend of mine):
Jennifer Kearney
jkearney3@kw.com
Keller Williams Realty
321-243-4380

Hope this helps.

If you need any more info, please feel free to PM me!

Old 10-31-2006, 12:16 PM

56 posts, read 356,415 times
Default sunnygirl2

I sent you a PM on this subject -- thought I would let you know to check your messages if you haven't already. Good luck in your decision!

Old 10-31-2006, 03:30 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,159,933 times
Thumbs up Small communities around Melbourne

Melbourne is a larger city but very busy with traffic and people. Palm Bay is futher south but more rural than Melbourne. Do your research and evaluate the schools, area, crime, jobs, road conditions, cost of utilities, etc.

My brother lives in Melbourne (9 year) and loves the area. Lots of things to do, close to Orlando and at the same time far from the crazy traffic. I do visit 2 -3 times a year and lived in Satellite Beach for 4 years. Try to stay in the small communities a bit more secure... Good luck....

Old 11-23-2006, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 14,319 times
Cool Melbourne and Palm Bay area

Hi Sunnygirl,
My family and I used to live in Newport News over on Sylvia Lane. We were stationed at Langley. We have recently retired from the Air Force and decided to make Melbourne our home. We prefer Melbourne over Palm Bay and only live 12 minutes from Patrick Air Force Base. It is a nice area. Moderator cut: realtor advertising

Last edited by Marka; 11-24-2006 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: read the rules, please

Old 01-21-2007, 10:58 AM

4 posts, read 25,477 times
My daughters and I will be moving to a home on Hooper ave in Palm Bay does anyone have any info on this street? Thanks

Old 02-05-2007, 08:29 AM

5 posts, read 30,903 times
Default Thing of moveing to flordia this summer please help with info

we have 4 young kids and are thinking of moveing to flordia this summer to be by family were in vegas(witch has gotten bad with crime)were thinking in the palm bay area if anyone knows about cxrime rate or better areas close by please let us know or if anyone knows a website to get crime rate info it would be appreciated!thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County