U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2016, 04:27 PM

16 posts, read 27,003 times

Advertisements

I am looking to relocate to the Titusville area within the next 6 months.
Most of these threads are dated, so the info is not accurate.

There seems to be so much going on in the Titusville area with reference to building & upgrading the town. Seems that NASA has many contracts now & there is an expectancy of new blood to move in.
So any new info would be most appreciated.

I am also interested in the good neighborhoods for active seniors.
Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 07:28 PM

18,173 posts, read 13,645,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilli View Post

There seems to be so much going on in the Titusville area with reference to building & upgrading the town. Seems that NASA has many contracts now & there is an expectancy of new blood to move in.

Thanks.
Stay away from north Titusville as crime is worse there.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:14 PM

83 posts, read 161,181 times
Sent you a PM

Old 02-10-2016, 09:24 AM

5,280 posts, read 8,653,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallbloc View Post
Sent you a PM
Why not just display your PM here, as I'm sure other posters are interested in what you have to say about Titusville, hence why these forums are public... I'd also like to learn more about Titusville.

Thanks.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:17 AM

4,953 posts, read 6,588,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilli View Post

Thanks.
I have a cousin who's lived in Titusville for years and another who just retired from NASA.
The only change they've heard of about Titusville is that they're building a new mall.

Per the one who lives there: "it's still backwards small town Florida"...but he's been there years and loves it there.

Since the space industry has/is moving towards the private sector, they don't ever expect that area to "boom"

Where did you hear big changes were coming?

Last edited by cfbs2691; 02-10-2016 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: add

Old 02-10-2016, 06:11 PM

18,173 posts, read 13,645,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallbloc View Post
Sent you a PM
Thanks, I responded

Old 02-17-2016, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,020 times
Titusville is quaint. It's friendly, laid back, it's small, and has some very pretty locations in and around the city. There are a few surprisingly good restaurants, the beautiful marina area, and a general sense of community from the locals. It's far enough north Fl where you start to see huge willow trees and a change in the typical fauna and scenery. It's close to the cape, the beaches, and has some very nice parks in town.

I don't know exactly where your referencing all the future growth. I've run into a few articles such as : https://digitalflorida.wordpress.com...es-small-town/ --- ,and while she isn't wrong, I think it's written more on a hopeful note than a factual one. Many of the locals in the Brevard area will tell you Tville is still kind of run down, it's still very hard to find work, and mostly thought of as redneck and country-like. I enjoyed living there, but left because almost everything I needed to do was a 40 min. trip away outside the city. With that said, maybe a change in perception could help revitalize things. Tville has much potential imo.

I personally think Tville should try and transition it's advertisement further toward being a commutable distance to Orlando. Even try adding a commuter bus into downtown Orlando if they got enough votes and interests. Maybe it would breathe a little bit of life into the city, and perhaps fill up some of those empty houses?

For shopping you'll be in Orlando, Melbourne, or Merritt Island for almost everything aside groceries. Like someone said, the only real development the locals have heard about is the upcoming mall.

Traffic wise, the roads are dead. You'll rarely run into traffic that isn't construction-induced. Tville is quiet, and the shuttle views are breathtaking! I used to love having coffee by the water watching the sky light up from NASA.

I'm sorry I can't comment on the active senior activities question. I have no idea. Have a nice day!

Old 07-21-2016, 05:06 PM

30 posts, read 79,677 times
Default Washington Arms Club Condo ?

On Olmstead. Looks really nice. Is it a good place to live?

Old 11-28-2016, 02:06 PM

6 posts, read 6,881 times
Your post is dated 2/2016: Have you moved to Titusville yet? If not, are you still thinking about moving into the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County