Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 09:31 AM

167 posts, read 164,988 times

Advertisements

The beachside cops are probably the WORST and most corrupt I have ever seen in the US. Never got pulled over for going 3 over before until I was in indialantic... lol what a joke. Guy tried to use "scare tactics" on me to see if he could snoop around, but luckily I am clean as a whistle and know my rights but feel sorry for unfortunate, gullible teens that have to be subjected to this kind of gestapo crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 08:38 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Beachside cops don't have a lot of real crime to deal with unlike the Melbourne PD, hence you see them writing a lot of tickets, especially in satellite and indialantic.

Pretty sweet gig, harassing tourists and locals to help fill the budget holes. No different than the cops in Daytona beach shores

Old 04-27-2016, 06:51 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Beachside cops don't have a lot of real crime to deal with unlike the Melbourne PD, hence you see them writing a lot of tickets, especially in satellite and indialantic.

Pretty sweet gig, harassing tourists and locals to help fill the budget holes. No different than the cops in Daytona beach shores
Yeah,pretty bad ticketing someone just because they speed and break the law. After all no one can really control the speed they travel at.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:39 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yeah,pretty bad ticketing someone just because they speed and break the law. After all no one can really control the speed they travel at.
Artificially dropping the speed on a residential road and then ticketing people for going 9 over is d!ck, anyway you slice it. Beachside is well known for its speeding traps. This is a fact

Old 04-29-2016, 06:41 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Artificially dropping the speed on a residential road and then ticketing people for going 9 over is d!ck, anyway you slice it. Beachside is well known for its speeding traps. This is a fact

Yep, that is why some of us have never gotten a ticket beach side -even after living here 40 years and driving a red sports car which cops like to ticket(used to sweat that 4th violation every year when I drove 45 miles to work everyday). Personally do not think it is unreasonable to keep residential speeds low when people have to get in and out of their driveways, where people have to cross the road to get to the river or beach where families ride bikes, and where there are schools and parks where kids play. Most residential streets are usually between 25 and 35 mph even up North. I do not think the speed is unreasonable at all. Slow down and enjoy life. If you need to be somewhere by a certain time leave earlier and you will still get there.

A1A is 40-45 mph in the congested areas and should not be any faster there. When you get towards Patrick it is 55 so no big deal. When tourists are looking for where they are staying they often drive below that, so it makes it safer for them if we all drive slower and not rear end them when they hesitate on the road in front of us.

Not saying I don't drive over the speed limit, but saying if you do and get caught, do not blame the cop for doing his/her job. Man up and take the blame. You can read the signs. You know there is a possibility of getting a ticket. You know the consequences of that ticket. Grow up and accept the fact that you were driving an illegal speed......trap or not makes no difference.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:58 AM

680 posts, read 716,810 times
Quote:

Going 9 over is ok with you?!
That is breaking the law....you are speeding...the cops are in the right when they give you a ticket!!

The speed limit signs are NOT suggestions...they are the limit on what you supposed to drive.
Good grief, where did you learn the rules of the road?

Rabflmom... I agree with you.. good post!

Old 04-29-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Artificially dropping it? Who gets to make that decision? Then like it or not it is the law. Obey or ... pay.

Now, you say 9 miles over. Wow in a 45 mile zone that is 20% over the speed limit. How would you like someone to charge you 20% more for something just because they thought it was OK for them to do it???

The stupid ones are those who think because they don't like something, it is Ok for them to ignore it.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:42 PM

4 posts, read 4,644 times
I wish someone would have warned me. Seriously. But the weather is nice, when it's not raining! 🌞

Old 06-27-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
If well known then avoid it.

Going 9 miles over is ... significantly breaking the law. Ticketing is the price of being self focused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County