Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2016, 02:39 PM

48 posts, read 87,606 times

Advertisements

I just moved back to Melbourne a couple of weeks ago, and am temporarily renting an apartment in the Suntree area. I'm looking for a dry cleaners to take my trousers for dry cleaning, and dress shirts for laundry and ironing. When I was up in the DC area, I was, "spoiled", by the availability of several dry cleaning chains, that advertised something along the lines of, "Any garment, $2.20!", or something like that. Obviously the quality wasn't always the greatest, but I did find quite a few stores that did a decent job. Since returning back to Melbourne, I've looked into a few dry cleaners, but most seem to charge $4 to $6 per garment--quite a bit more than I was paying. Can anyone recommend a dry cleaners in Melbourne/Viera that does acceptable dry cleaning and laundry, and not charge an arm and a leg? Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 03:04 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,683,830 times
It's funny you bring this up. The one time I needed to emergency dry clean some garments on a business trip when visiting Cocoa Beach, I was recommended by my hotel a dry cleaner on Merritt Island that seemed to be doing most of the business in the area. The prices were about 30% higher than what I pay in Long Island, NY and the garments were not pressed very well to boot. I guess dry cleaning and home insurance are two things for sure that are more expensive in Florida than NY.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:58 PM

48 posts, read 87,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
It's funny you bring this up. The one time I needed to emergency dry clean some garments on a business trip when visiting Cocoa Beach, I was recommended by my hotel a dry cleaner on Merritt Island that seemed to be doing most of the business in the area. The prices were about 30% higher than what I pay in Long Island, NY and the garments were not pressed very well to boot. I guess dry cleaning and home insurance are two things for sure that are more expensive in Florida than NY.
I'm starting to wonder if this is the case. That, or if there just isn't as much demand for dry cleaning/laundered and pressed clothing as in our former communities. And I know what you're saying about home insurance. I lived in the area back in 2004-2005, and dealt with a home insurance policy that was cancelled (like almost everyone else here), when we had four hurricanes in 2004.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County