Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,782 times

Advertisements

Hey!

My family and I will be moving from San Diego, California to the Melbourne area in a month for a job relocation. We have been looking at places to buy in Viera and Rockledge. We have narrowed it down to two homes and feel torn on the area.

We have two boys (1 and 2 years old) and are looking for a good family setting.

The big question I have is about a location in Rockledge. The community is just off the 95 and it borders Viera just a tiny bit north of Barnes blvd.

We are debating on a property there or in the heart of Viera. Are there any issues with the south rockledge area that we may not know?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 11:50 AM

31 posts, read 75,251 times
Hi! We are new to Brevard and looked at homes in exactly the areas you mentioned. We ended up choosing Viera. In Rockledge the specific subdivision we looked in was nice, but I didn't like the feel of the area as much, if that makes sense. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:13 AM

120 posts, read 195,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melindah82 View Post
Hey!

My family and I will be moving from San Diego, California to the Melbourne area in a month for a job relocation. We have been looking at places to buy in Viera and Rockledge. We have narrowed it down to two homes and feel torn on the area.

We have two boys (1 and 2 years old) and are looking for a good family setting.

The big question I have is about a location in Rockledge. The community is just off the 95 and it borders Viera just a tiny bit north of Barnes blvd.

We are debating on a property there or in the heart of Viera. Are there any issues with the south rockledge area that we may not know?

Thanks!

I'm in the same area that you're looking at (just north of Barnes). I will say you can get a lot more bang for your buck in the area as far as housing is concerned. Also everything you need is within walking distance (Publix, restaurants, gym) in that area. If it's a question about crime/safety, I've never felt unsafe in the area and we have great neighbors.

Good luck with your search!

Old 07-10-2017, 08:25 AM

55 posts, read 84,128 times
I live in a deed restricted area, off murell just north of Barnes in Rockledge. South Rockledge is nice and quiet. Barnes has the Publix, Aladi, a few restaurants, wallgreens, Auto part stores, and hair and Nail Salons. On US1 you have another Publix and Planet Fitness and a few more restaurants which is about a mile east Murell. I find Viera to be very nice Shopping is limited to Stadium Parkway and Viera Blvd, which has Publix and a few restaurants. Further Shopping is in a smaller shopping center on Murell and Viera Blvd. The Shops in Viera are very nice but that is closer to Wickham and 95. The old National Training Center and Minor league ball park is being converted to a tournament sports center. This will bring traffic to Stadium Pkwy as many sports teams converge on the facility. They are also adding an interchange from 95 on Viera Blvd. So more construction followed by more traffic. The rockledge Police Department is on Murell close to Barton and patrols regularly in all neighborhoods. For Rockledge I would say focus on South of Barton and stay out of the Levitt Parkway Area.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,588 times
Hello! We moved from San Diego to this area about two years ago and struggled with where to buy a home. We ended up choosing Viera and we absolutely love it. We are on the east side of the 95 and everything is walking distance or a golf cart ride away. Things like parks, restaurants, stores, kid's sporting practices/events, schools, doctors and shopping. We do live in an HOA neighborhood but that is what we moved from in San Diego so we are used to that, plus the annual fees here are very low in comparison and the rules are a lot less stringent. Happy House Hunting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County